MCHOSE PARK INFO AND UPDATES

Postby Clue » Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:57 pm

The Carter wrote:There hasn't been much talk about this course lately. Just wondering what was going on with 8 and 9.

Also what condition is the course in overall?

The basket is still gone on 8. However, there have been a couple of improvements. There's a nice big sign/course map by the first tee. The tee pads on the lower holes were finally poured. The creek is down so it's pretty easy to cross, but the bridge between 9 and 10 was washed away. There's a tree in it's place with a couple rocks but it's not the easiest walk across the water. Besides the missing basket it's about as playable as it's ever been.
Clue

Postby irban » Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:03 am

Clue wrote:
The Carter wrote:There hasn't been much talk about this course lately. Just wondering what was going on with 8 and 9.

Also what condition is the course in overall?

The basket is still gone on 8. However, there have been a couple of improvements. There's a nice big sign/course map by the first tee. The tee pads on the lower holes were finally poured. The creek is down so it's pretty easy to cross, but the bridge between 9 and 10 was washed away. There's a tree in it's place with a couple rocks but it's not the easiest walk across the water. Besides the missing basket it's about as playable as it's ever been.

Nice steps and bridge on 1 now too. Really, two bridges in back and this course is close to finished.
~~~- ¥
irban

Location: A State of Minds. (the idiot who thought this was clever is back, did you notice?)

Postby Cydisc » Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:56 am

irban wrote:Nice steps and bridge on 1 now too. Really, two bridges in back and this course is close to finished.

Two bridges, a basket and a consistent mowing schedule...
Cydisc

Postby SpikeHyzer » Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:58 am

And a fix for holes 4 and 5. Don't really care for the transition between these two holes. You could have a really killer hole if you could combine these two. But then you would still be left with an odd transition.
The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge, but imagination.
SpikeHyzer

Postby irban » Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:33 am

SpikeHyzer wrote:And a fix for holes 4 and 5. Don't really care for the transition between these two holes. You could have a really killer hole if you could combine these two. But then you would still be left with an odd transition.

Really? Because you have to come back down the fairway? If you go on up to the left of the hole, it works to walk down that road, right to the teepad. Doesn't seem that bad to me, and I like both 4 and 5 as holes.

(did I just call you ashole?)
~~~- ¥
irban

Location: A State of Minds. (the idiot who thought this was clever is back, did you notice?)

Postby Cydisc » Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:49 pm

Yeah, The idea is to jump on the road to get to #5 tee. It's really not that bad of a walk. Similar in length to the GV #5-#6 transition. Plus, it's downhill.
Cydisc

Postby Clue » Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:22 pm

I have to admit that after 2 rounds the walks are starting to wear on me. I like all the holes with the possible exception of 18, but after killing yourself on hole 3, then the walk to 5, the walk to 6, 9-10, 11-12, 12-13, and 17-18 and then 3 precarious creek crossings on top of that makes it a little too much work.
Clue

Postby ghstinshll » Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:44 pm

Do they care to even work on the suggestions for this course? Or is it just going to take them 5 years to officially "finish" this otherwise nice course?
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby irban » Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:09 pm

ghstinshll wrote:Do they care to even work on the suggestions for this course? Or is it just going to take them 5 years to officially "finish" this otherwise nice course?

Well, somebody's working on the course. See Clue and my posts.
~~~- ¥
irban

Postby Clue » Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:46 pm

Yeah, it's far from abandoned. The bottom of the sledding hill was mowed. It's in way better shape than Big Creek. I don't know anything about who's in charge or what they know about the game.
Clue

Postby Cydisc » Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:13 pm

Clue wrote:Yeah, it's far from abandoned. The bottom of the sledding hill was mowed. It's in way better shape than Big Creek. I don't know anything about who's in charge or what they know about the game.

There's a couple local guys who headed up the project who look after the place. The P&R just does the mowing. Boone has no money, so it's going to be a while until everything is where we envisioned it.
Cydisc

Postby ghstinshll » Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:54 pm

That's good to know, thanks guys. As long as someone's keeping the eye on the ball - but the lack of funding helps to understand the pace. Thanks to all 3 of you for that info.
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby GDL17921 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:29 pm

Cydisc wrote:
Clue wrote:Yeah, it's far from abandoned. The bottom of the sledding hill was mowed. It's in way better shape than Big Creek. I don't know anything about who's in charge or what they know about the game.

There's a couple local guys who headed up the project who look after the place. The P&R just does the mowing. Boone has no money, so it's going to be a while until everything is where we envisioned it.

so let me get this straight....The city of Boone purchased 18 Discatcher's and don't insure any of their property?

This course, and Memorial in Ottumwa are a perfect example of why you don't put baskets in the ground till the course is done. Shit never gets finished. As far as the city not having $400 to replace a basket.....bullshit. If they really don't have property insurance.....lmao...
GDL17921

Postby Cydisc » Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:29 pm

GDL17921 wrote:
Cydisc wrote:

so let me get this straight....The city of Boone purchased 18 Discatcher's .

No.
Cydisc

Postby GDL17921 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:01 am

well apparently you got it all figured out. :roll:
GDL17921

PreviousNext

Return to Boone - McHose Park