New Home Course

Postby arowan21 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:10 pm

middletown has one of the nicer 9 hole courses in the state. way better than south woods
QMikal wrote:it took me ten minutes to type this.
arowan21

Postby GDL17921 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:24 pm

Luc you should go out to Big Creek tonight at 5 and meet some of the Bushwhackers. Should be a nice little get together.
GDL17921

Postby LucSTR » Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:38 pm

well for a beginer i think its a nice course. i do agree that the grass on one is a little much. and you would think that since the course is so close to the wdm city hall they would want to take care of it a little better. played greenview this morning and finished 6 over very nice course but i get a little flustered with myself when i get a bunch of bogeys. SW i can birdie most of them. so i feel more like a pro :lol: . and since none of you play it i can throw a couple discs from the tee. as for how trashed it is why dont they just put trash cans at the tees? i plan on goin thru either tomorrow or thurs and kinda cleanin up.
LucSTR

Postby ghstinshll » Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:42 pm

Luc, that's a nice gesture, but there's more to this course. It's trashed by high school brats, not the adult players. Very nice gesture though.
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby LucSTR » Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:43 pm

wish i could but i spend my nights taking care of the gma. i only get to go play in the morning or early afternoon.
LucSTR

Postby Roughknite » Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:07 am

Played this course for the first time a month ago and didn't like it at all. After the first 3 holes or so, you go into the forest, and I had no idea where I was suppose to go/throw from for that random basket. On top of that I had no idea what path to walk to get back out to continue playing. All that with nothing but mud on the ground in the forest on a hot day like that, not really my thing. =/. I did enjoy hole 1, even though my disc went in the forest and it took 45 minutes to look for >_> and also enjoyed the last few holes.
Roughknite

Postby SARG27044 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:36 am

Roughknite wrote:Played this course for the first time a month ago and didn't like it at all. After the first 3 holes or so, you go into the forest, and I had no idea where I was suppose to go/throw from for that random basket. On top of that I had no idea what path to walk to get back out to continue playing. All that with nothing but mud on the ground in the forest on a hot day like that, not really my thing. =/. I did enjoy hole 1, even though my disc went in the forest and it took 45 minutes to look for >_> and also enjoyed the last few holes.
:lol: Used to live 5 minutes away from here...Only played it once a year. It would be better to head to to waukee if you only want to play a 9-holer, not much, but better.
SARG27044

Previous

Return to Des Moines - Southwoods Park