CLEANUP

Postby D Fresh » Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:18 pm

It looks good out there. Thanks for helping out.
DRJ
D Fresh

Postby anubis080 » Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:54 am

It was good fun, and karma :P I'll have to take a look out at shaver and legion the next time I'm out there too.

I really want to start contributing back to the community so that we can keep the areas looking as clean as possible; people just abuse it because it's free, unfortunately. I'll start looking on the forums for more workdays. :)

Good luck to everyone at Jones tomorrow! :D
"he always flips his nuke ss's over forehand"-Rich
"those are regular z nukes, Rich..."-Andy
anubis080

Postby KVN » Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:12 am

I picked up trash @ shaver off winig ct last week and already people have thrown more,that parking area always has looked bad.we just have to keep at it and encourage others they'l catch on 8)
KVN

Postby AO » Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:03 pm

AWESOME!!!! Love me some Jones Park. #4 has chains cut out and plastic covers are being smashed on the signs.
AO

Postby Detra319 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:31 pm

Someone cut the damn chains out of the basket? You have to be kidding me...
Detra319

Postby IHearChains » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:12 am

This is why we need pay to play. Because then the morons will magically stop at the park boundary. And the city will promptly fix any problems. [/sarc]
IHearChains

Postby anubis080 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:20 am

IHearChains wrote:This is why we need pay to play. Because then the morons will magically stop at the park boundary. And the city will promptly fix any problems. [/sarc]

How much would you "pay to play" a course?
"he always flips his nuke ss's over forehand"-Rich
"those are regular z nukes, Rich..."-Andy
anubis080

Postby AO » Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:32 pm

anubis080 wrote:
IHearChains wrote:This is why we need pay to play. Because then the morons will magically stop at the park boundary. And the city will promptly fix any problems. [/sarc]

thread drift..under Stuff. I would like to get some chain and repair. I don't think it would take too much work. As for plastic coverings, I don't know if they are worth replacing. Seems fun for people to throw plastic at them or kick them out.
AO

Postby hyzerman16234 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:38 pm

AO wrote:
anubis080 wrote:

thread drift..under Stuff. I would like to get some chain and repair. I don't think it would take too much work. As for plastic coverings, I don't know if they are worth replacing. Seems fun for people to throw plastic at them or kick them out.

How much chain do you need? I happen to have some. Plus S hooks. I just can't get over to Jones until at least Monday.
hyzerman16234

Postby Abe Froman » Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:49 pm

f the plexi glass. i'm goin 1\8 in steel plate from now on. f the city. they dont give a shit about the park. they're looking for reasons to turn the land into something else. i also have the sign and post for 14 in my garage.
Abe Froman

Postby medicinal funk » Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:21 am

there isn't a whole lot of chain missing from the 4th pin, maybe 3 or 4 of the outside links on the basket's backside. not sure if the S hooks are still in tact, mostly sure they are though. screw the signs though, half the people i play with get angry and punch or kick them :(
medicinal funk

Postby Abe Froman » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:49 pm

medicinal funk wrote: half the people i play with get angry and punch or kick them :(

well half the people you play with, i will punch and kick next time we meet. if you had any idea how much time and $ i spent re-working those signs they would not act like dipshits. please do your part to avoid ruining an already dilapidated course. and i hope to see you doing this so i can knock your friends fukin teeth out.
Abe Froman

Postby SARG27044 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:52 am

ssssssssssssss. I feel your pain brotha
SARG27044

Postby medicinal funk » Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:10 am

projectpuffindiscman wrote:
medicinal funk wrote: half the people i play with get angry and punch or kick them :(

well half the people you play with, i will punch and kick next time we meet. if you had any idea how much time and $ i spent re-working those signs they would not act like dipshits. please do your part to avoid ruining an already dilapidated course. and i hope to see you doing this so i can knock your friends fukin teeth out.

i tell them "hey take it easy dude" and "yeah, that's not cool" but they really don't give a shit, sadly. i haven't vandalized or destroyed shit, if anything i'm trying to stop it from happening. nowhere did i say they are my friends, i really hope i'm not being grouped in with them, as i've got nothing but respect for the local courses. i'm constantly cleaning up goddamn beer cans at shaver, it literally never ends

usually it goes like this: *someone throws shitty shot into tree, punches back of sign* "dude, don't break that shi~" "RAAGH I DONT GIVE A Chuck"

i think i just need to find a group of people to play with that aren't mostly drunken rednecks
medicinal funk

Postby AO » Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:10 am

This drives me crazy. Sometime the wrong person is going to see them do this and they WILL have issues. I 2nd what Stiers says. This took time, effort and money by disc golfers to fix the signs. Chuckin punch a tree. Maybe help them get off the course quicker when they break their hand.
AO

PreviousNext

Return to Cedar Rapids - Jones Park