Foust

Moderator: Cydisc

Postby The Donator » Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:12 pm

Did I start something here? :lol:
See what happens when you make fun of me, entire rival towns go beserk!
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
User avatar
The Donator
 
Posts: 6304
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:07 pm
Location: West Des Moines, IA

Postby Sidearm » Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:21 pm

Whitson,
How many more pages do we need until Foust catches Weaver?
Sidearm
 
Posts: 566
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:41 am

Postby shane » Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:34 pm

bergdawg wrote:It's not so playful when he comes into the Ames forum and starts making "jokes." It seems like whenever Wak Pak does anything there's always someone there to make a joke or say we suck. It gets kind of old, especially when we've never done anything to anyone. He has to make jokes like that for a league that's raising money to clean up and make repairs of courses? Seems pretty childish. Disc golf isn't a big sport, I don't know why there isn't more support for groups trying to make it grow, it's counterproductive.


Berdawg I'm not even sure who you are but here's the deal. I never said you suck I said you lack talent if you cant see that that was a joke you need to wake up. If your got offended by that you need to rock up because you're going to have a hard time in life.

As far as the league name goes I could really care a less but thought it was kind of silly to use one thats being used right down the street. But really whatever who cares.

As far as Zack goes he thought I was calling him out, so he puffed up, he misunderstood he called me we talked he's over it. Call me out and you might get a response. Done.

As far as Lyster goes. Does he even play golf? He called me after he posted, before I saw it and asked if I really cared and like I said I don't.
Then I read his post and thought he might be a touch out of line but really it's Lyster who cares. I don't but as I said call me out and you might get a response. Done

As far as your league and non profit goes hey thats great more power to you.

As far as me being counterproductive goes heres your response don't act like you're the only one out there raising money to help take care of a course. Just because I have a dg business doesnt mean I don't do charity work. I was probably running charity events before you ever attended you're first dg tourney. I ran the DSM league for years to "help with courses", I've ran the DSM Ice Bowl since 02 or 03 which is a fund raiser and I don't sell my equipment there just so people know it's going to charity. I've donated time at 2 world championships where I ran the field events at both and helped with course tding at no charge after taking a whole summer off to help get courses ready for one of them. I've busted my ass helping to pour tee pads, putting signs in, moving baskets helping with designs and redesigns. I've showed up on work days by my freaking self and worked until I've stroked from the heat. I've served on the dsm dg board, and helped to create the Iowa Tour which I now run where we raise money for a grant that helps put dg into schools throughout Iowa. There's plenty more too but I'[m sick of typing. So if you want to tell me how counterproductive I am, well, kiss my ass.
Are you ready for the Challenge?
shane
 
Posts: 1595
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:05 am
Location: Des Moines

Postby bergdawg » Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:53 pm

shane wrote:
bergdawg wrote:It's not so playful when he comes into the Ames forum and starts making "jokes." It seems like whenever Wak Pak does anything there's always someone there to make a joke or say we suck. It gets kind of old, especially when we've never done anything to anyone. He has to make jokes like that for a league that's raising money to clean up and make repairs of courses? Seems pretty childish. Disc golf isn't a big sport, I don't know why there isn't more support for groups trying to make it grow, it's counterproductive.


Berdawg I'm not even sure who you are but here's the deal. I never said you suck I said you lack talent if you cant see that that was a joke you need to wake up. If your got offended by that you need to rock up because you're going to have a hard time in life.

As far as the league name goes I could really care a less but thought it was kind of silly to use one thats being used right down the street. But really whatever who cares.

As far as Zack goes he thought I was calling him out, so he puffed up, he misunderstood he called me we talked he's over it. Call me out and you might get a response. Done.

As far as Lyster goes. Does he even play golf? He called me after he posted, before I saw it and asked if I really cared and like I said I don't.
Then I read his post and thought he might be a touch out of line but really it's Lyster who cares. I don't but as I said call me out and you might get a response. Done

As far as your league and non profit goes hey thats great more power to you.

As far as me being counterproductive goes heres your response don't act like you're the only one out there raising money to help take care of a course. Just because I have a dg business doesnt mean I don't do charity work. I was probably running charity events before you ever attended you're first dg tourney. I ran the DSM league for years to "help with courses", I've ran the DSM Ice Bowl since 02 or 03 which is a fund raiser and I don't sell my equipment there just so people know it's going to charity. I've donated time at 2 world championships where I ran the field events at both and helped with course tding at no charge after taking a whole summer off to help get courses ready for one of them. I've busted my ass helping to pour tee pads, putting signs in, moving baskets helping with designs and redesigns. I've showed up on work days by my freaking self and worked until I've stroked from the heat. I've served on the dsm dg board, and helped to create the Iowa Tour which I now run where we raise money for a grant that helps put dg into schools throughout Iowa. There's plenty more too but I'[m sick of typing. So if you want to tell me how counterproductive I am, well, kiss my ass.


I'm not trying to say anything about what you have done in the past or question what you've done for the DG community. There's always negative things said about Wak Pak, usually without a "jk, appreciate the work." You don't think you could have come off a little nicer than "pick a different name you talent-less club?" You didn't say it's all in good fun or that's cool of you to help out the courses like that. That's what I'm saying. It's always negative with little positive and then it automatically goes to a challenge of the Wak Pak. Don't think I don't appreciate everything that everyone does for disc golf, that'd be pretty ironic. I'm saying you don't always have to say negative things about what people are trying to do.

I've been to Monday Night Throwdown and I have nothing negative to say about it. I have nothing negative to say about any of your events I've attended. As far as people that barely know each other I don't think it's very cool to joke like that about a club, leagues, or fundraisers. If you're going to do that please direct it at a certain member so other don't take offense. Yeah, you can talk about being a baby and all that but when people don't really know you and knock what you've been doing, why wouldn't they get upset?

My name is Tyler Berger but I won't be going to any Iowa events in the near future, I just moved out of state.
"I'm so tough I wipe my ass with sandpaper."
bergdawg
 
Posts: 208
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:43 pm
Location: Ames

Postby irban » Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:03 pm

shane wrote:As far as me being counterproductive goes heres your response don't act like you're the only one out there raising money to help take care of a course. Just because I have a dg business doesnt mean I don't do charity work. I was probably running charity events before you ever attended you're first dg tourney. I ran the DSM league for years to "help with courses", I've ran the DSM Ice Bowl since 02 or 03 which is a fund raiser and I don't sell my equipment there just so people know it's going to charity. I've donated time at 2 world championships where I ran the field events at both and helped with course tding at no charge after taking a whole summer off to help get courses ready for one of them. I've busted my ass helping to pour tee pads, putting signs in, moving baskets helping with designs and redesigns. I've showed up on work days by my freaking self and worked until I've stroked from the heat. I've served on the dsm dg board, and helped to create the Iowa Tour which I now run where we raise money for a grant that helps put dg into schools throughout Iowa. There's plenty more too but I'[m sick of typing. So if you want to tell me how counterproductive I am, well, kiss my ass.

Well la dee da. :P

bergdawg wrote: automatically goes to a challenge of the Wak Pak.

What's Wak Pak?
~~~- ¥
User avatar
irban
 
Posts: 5233
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:31 am
Location: A State of Minds. (the idiot who thought this was clever is back, did you notice?)

Postby shane » Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:05 pm

Let me give you a little history lesson. Your boy Lyster called out the ProFlight team over a year ago. He wanted to play his team against my team for $600. He wanted to do a radio spot Joes against Pros whatever. We accepted the challenge and we've been ribbing Wak Pak and the Wak Pak has been ribbing back ever since.
Oh by the way I let him off the hook for a $20 at an Osky doubles tourney, but the ribbing will continue thats to make up for the other $580.
Are you ready for the Challenge?
shane
 
Posts: 1595
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:05 am
Location: Des Moines

Postby shane » Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:08 pm

irban wrote:
shane wrote:As far as me being counterproductive goes heres your response don't act like you're the only one out there raising money to help take care of a course. Just because I have a dg business doesnt mean I don't do charity work. I was probably running charity events before you ever attended you're first dg tourney. I ran the DSM league for years to "help with courses", I've ran the DSM Ice Bowl since 02 or 03 which is a fund raiser and I don't sell my equipment there just so people know it's going to charity. I've donated time at 2 world championships where I ran the field events at both and helped with course tding at no charge after taking a whole summer off to help get courses ready for one of them. I've busted my ass helping to pour tee pads, putting signs in, moving baskets helping with designs and redesigns. I've showed up on work days by my freaking self and worked until I've stroked from the heat. I've served on the dsm dg board, and helped to create the Iowa Tour which I now run where we raise money for a grant that helps put dg into schools throughout Iowa. There's plenty more too but I'[m sick of typing. So if you want to tell me how counterproductive I am, well, kiss my ass.

Well la dee da. :P

bergdawg wrote: automatically goes to a challenge of the Wak Pak.

What's Wak Pak?


You can kiss my ass too.
Are you ready for the Challenge?
shane
 
Posts: 1595
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:05 am
Location: Des Moines

Postby bergdawg » Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:16 pm

shane wrote:Let me give you a little history lesson. Your boy Lyster called out the ProFlight team over a year ago. He wanted to play his team against my team for $600. He wanted to do a radio spot Joes against Pros whatever. We accepted the challenge and we've been ribbing Wak Pak and the Wak Pak has been ribbing back ever since.
Oh by the way I let him off the hook for a $20 at an Osky doubles tourney, but the ribbing will continue thats to make up for the other $580.


So you're that petty that you're going to hold all of Wak Pak accountable for a bet made between you and someone else? grow up. That's between you and Lyster. As I recall I think that was in the Hawkeye thread, correct me if I'm wrong. If you look back at that thread it was as follows:
Wak Pak: we'd love to have you come down and play against us
DM: We'll kick your ass
Wak Pak: Probably, but we want a friendly competition between us
DM: We'll kick your ass
Wak Pak: we know but it's our home course. What beer would you like we'd love to treat you to a good time at our courses
DM: We'll kick your ass

Who are the people that rib Proflight? You talk about joking, you really think Wak Pak has a chance against Proflight players? Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Wak Pak help you a lot for the FCC?
"I'm so tough I wipe my ass with sandpaper."
bergdawg
 
Posts: 208
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:43 pm
Location: Ames

Postby irban » Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:17 pm

shane wrote:
You can kiss my ass too.

Hey you need to slow your roll bud. Just because I've been down don't mean I'm out. :mrgreen:
~~~- ¥
User avatar
irban
 
Posts: 5233
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:31 am
Location: A State of Minds. (the idiot who thought this was clever is back, did you notice?)

Postby bergdawg » Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:43 pm

shane wrote:Let me give you a little history lesson. Your boy Lyster called out the ProFlight team over a year ago. He wanted to play his team against my team for $600. He wanted to do a radio spot Joes against Pros whatever. We accepted the challenge and we've been ribbing Wak Pak and the Wak Pak has been ribbing back ever since.
Oh by the way I let him off the hook for a $20 at an Osky doubles tourney, but the ribbing will continue thats to make up for the other $580.


You obviously have something against Wak Pak, you saying that you're joking is just a lie.
"I'm so tough I wipe my ass with sandpaper."
bergdawg
 
Posts: 208
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:43 pm
Location: Ames

Postby frolfincwb » Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:59 pm

Uhhhhhhhh????? Don't even know what to say other than spark sumthin, crack sumthin, or in dsm case rock sumthin up. Hawkeyes SUCK!!! Cyclones gonna come in to kinnick and whoop them pansies.
"Luck is the residue of design"
WAK PAK
frolfincwb
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:59 pm
Location: ames

Postby shane » Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:42 am

bergdawg wrote:
shane wrote:Let me give you a little history lesson. Your boy Lyster called out the ProFlight team over a year ago. He wanted to play his team against my team for $600. He wanted to do a radio spot Joes against Pros whatever. We accepted the challenge and we've been ribbing Wak Pak and the Wak Pak has been ribbing back ever since.
Oh by the way I let him off the hook for a $20 at an Osky doubles tourney, but the ribbing will continue thats to make up for the other $580.


You obviously have something against Wak Pak, you saying that you're joking is just a lie.


Are you serious with this shit? So give me this why the fk would I have anything against the wak pak? I'm starting to think you're trolling.. Either way YOU can still kiss my ass.
Are you ready for the Challenge?
shane
 
Posts: 1595
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:05 am
Location: Des Moines

Postby Swisher Streets » Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:47 am

frolfincwb wrote:Uhhhhhhhh????? Don't even know what to say other than spark sumthin, crack sumthin, or in dsm case rock sumthin up. Hawkeyes SUCK!!! Cyclones gonna come in to kinnick and whoop them pansies.
CWB are you the one that spray painted "CWB" on the tree at Ewing by hole 16 am tee?
Swisher Streets
 
Posts: 375
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:48 pm

Postby shane » Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:51 am

SwisherStreets wrote:
frolfincwb wrote:Uhhhhhhhh????? Don't even know what to say other than spark sumthin, crack sumthin, or in dsm case rock sumthin up. Hawkeyes SUCK!!! Cyclones gonna come in to kinnick and whoop them pansies.
CWB are you the one that spray painted "CWB" on the tree at Ewing by hole 16 am tee?



:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Are you ready for the Challenge?
shane
 
Posts: 1595
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:05 am
Location: Des Moines

Postby Ferch » Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:14 am

Ok, first props to ALL dg companies in Iowa! Without all of them making an impact in their areas dg would not have progressed this fast in Iowa. There has been at least one time a piece in which each company has helped me out some way or another.
As far as the Pro Flight and Wak Pak ribbing, lol... Thank you both sides for the laughs! I have been reading this forum for awhile and took it as just playful competitive talk.
I hope to see you all in Atlantic!
Living for flight. One day at a time.
Ferch
 
Posts: 541
Joined: Sun May 24, 2009 10:04 am
Location: DSM

PreviousNext

Return to Ames Club

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest