Foust

Moderator: Cydisc

Postby rightcunnin » Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:49 pm

shane wrote:The Adel Disc Golf Club is considering sponsoring you for 2011, Lindsley. Razz


Sometimes it's just so easy even the preacher has to get in on it. Wink


Buzzzed85 wrote:If you're gonna knock the club you'd better have the balls and prove your worth buds. Not team Proflight Shane...... just you.


Hey Zack you need to slow your roll bud before you come at me. Just because I've been down don't mean I'm out. As far as proving my worth boss, I don't think I need to prove anything to you. You might want to at least read what I was saying before you go off. I was saying that it's so easy to insult the Donator that Sidearm who is a minister or something like that even got in on the action with the Adel comment. okay... okay...


I believe that Shane explained himself pretty well here. Not once was he knocking the Ames crew or anything that they do. Actually I don't remember anybody ever denegrating you guys and all your hard work. Every club in this state takes pride in their courses, the work that goes into it, and the efforts to get it done. If you read any of the other threads you'll notice lots of joking and ribbing from players all over the state towards players from all over the state. It's just wierd to me that you guys are taking offense at us poking fun at a player from our league.
I'm sorry that the middle of my sentence interrupted the beginning of yours.
User avatar
rightcunnin
 
Posts: 2529
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2006 3:42 pm
Location: further out of my f-in mind than previously thought.

Postby bergdawg » Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:11 pm

rightcunnin wrote:
shane wrote:The Adel Disc Golf Club is considering sponsoring you for 2011, Lindsley. Razz


Sometimes it's just so easy even the preacher has to get in on it. Wink


Buzzzed85 wrote:If you're gonna knock the club you'd better have the balls and prove your worth buds. Not team Proflight Shane...... just you.


Hey Zack you need to slow your roll bud before you come at me. Just because I've been down don't mean I'm out. As far as proving my worth boss, I don't think I need to prove anything to you. You might want to at least read what I was saying before you go off. I was saying that it's so easy to insult the Donator that Sidearm who is a minister or something like that even got in on the action with the Adel comment. okay... okay...


I believe that Shane explained himself pretty well here. Not once was he knocking the Ames crew or anything that they do. Actually I don't remember anybody ever denegrating you guys and all your hard work. Every club in this state takes pride in their courses, the work that goes into it, and the efforts to get it done. If you read any of the other threads you'll notice lots of joking and ribbing from players all over the state towards players from all over the state. It's just wierd to me that you guys are taking offense at us poking fun at a player from our league.


He did explain himself well about that comment. I'm not talking about that though.
"I'm so tough I wipe my ass with sandpaper."
bergdawg
 
Posts: 208
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:43 pm
Location: Ames

Postby The Donator » Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:15 pm

I think Sidearm needs to give this guy his binky :lol:
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
User avatar
The Donator
 
Posts: 6303
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:07 pm
Location: West Des Moines, IA

Postby rightcunnin » Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:20 pm

Well, I'm lost then.
I'm sorry that the middle of my sentence interrupted the beginning of yours.
User avatar
rightcunnin
 
Posts: 2529
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2006 3:42 pm
Location: further out of my f-in mind than previously thought.

Postby bergdawg » Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:21 pm

rightcunnin wrote:Well, I'm lost then.


Read the thread "Tuesday Night Throwdowns."
"I'm so tough I wipe my ass with sandpaper."
bergdawg
 
Posts: 208
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:43 pm
Location: Ames

Postby rightcunnin » Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:32 pm

bergdawg wrote:
rightcunnin wrote:Well, I'm lost then.


Read the thread "Tuesday Night Throwdowns."


You mean the one that I posted a joke name on and the one where Shane posted lots of suggestions, some of them also jokes, that never slammed your club or players? That one? Hmm, i should check it out.

Listen, I appreciate all of the work you guys do, esp since I learned how to play DG at CM. I'm really glad that there is an organized club that is trying to get things done and maintain and improve the courses. My only suggestion would be to lighten up just a little and enjoy some good old fashioned ribbing. I'm not going to speak for Shane, just make my comment based how how I know him, and say the original suggestion of renaming the Tues Night (insert name here) was meant in a fun spirit from a guy whose run the Monday Night Throwdown for several years. Again, I'm not speaking for Shane, just my opinion based on how I know him. Enjoy the long weekend and happy discin' !
I'm sorry that the middle of my sentence interrupted the beginning of yours.
User avatar
rightcunnin
 
Posts: 2529
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2006 3:42 pm
Location: further out of my f-in mind than previously thought.

Postby bergdawg » Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:39 pm

rightcunnin wrote:
bergdawg wrote:
rightcunnin wrote:Well, I'm lost then.


Read the thread "Tuesday Night Throwdowns."


You mean the one that I posted a joke name on and the one where Shane posted lots of suggestions, some of them also jokes, that never slammed your club or players? That one? Hmm, i should check it out.!


No, he did slam us as a club and our players. Then Lyster said "sorry we'll change it if it bothers, but you don't have to call us out like this." Then Shane said "Really? get over yourself." If he was joking, he could at least say so. I see no joking in it though.
"I'm so tough I wipe my ass with sandpaper."
bergdawg
 
Posts: 208
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:43 pm
Location: Ames

Postby arowan21 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:45 pm

if i was shane i would be a little upset if someone took a name that i was using and began using for a league 30 miles away, also this should be moved to the other thread or in a private conversation
User avatar
arowan21
 
Posts: 675
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:40 pm
Location: Des Moines

Postby GDL17921 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:47 pm

what do you think you're gonna resolve here? If you're really that pissed about it, why don't you be a man and show up at the Monday night Throwdown and discuss it with Shane in person. Nobody is standing down to your posturing on here. :lol:
User avatar
GDL17921
 
Posts: 8537
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:57 am
Location: on a rock

Postby bergdawg » Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:48 pm

I had nothing to do with the name of the event. But, it's on a different day and non profit. Plus, who gives a shit? People have to get so upset over the word throwdown.
"I'm so tough I wipe my ass with sandpaper."
bergdawg
 
Posts: 208
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:43 pm
Location: Ames

Sorry

Postby Sidearm » Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:54 pm

I apologize for starting a thread that offended you or other Wak Pak members. I played in your league last summer & enjoyed watching Faas ace the little downhill hole at Carroll Marty. He beat me straight up & made a number of very good shots. I was simply having a little fun with Foust (who doesn't have his own page like some of the other DSM Bushwhacker's). I only posted what I did on the Ames page because he's going to Iowa State. I likely would've started the exact same thread on the Iowa City page (with Vicious Circle Disc Golf) if he had started at the University of Iowa this fall. I hope your fundraising efforts go well this fall.

Sincerely,
Dave Kerkove
Sidearm
 
Posts: 566
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:41 am

Postby irban » Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:59 pm

So much vitriol it jumped to a new thread?!

I read the other thread and is sounds like Shane would have appreciated you changing the name, since he started using it first, Maybe some might think they are related some way. It would be different if it was in a different state instead of 30 minutes away. I mean, did you order stationary with the name embossed or something, is it a big deal to change the name at this stage?

Even if you would prefer not to change it, seems like his ribbing was pretty mild.
~~~- ¥
User avatar
irban
 
Posts: 5203
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:31 am
Location: A State of Minds. (the idiot who thought this was clever is back, did you notice?)

Postby rightcunnin » Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:02 pm

shane wrote:
dirtyj wrote:Wtf man? Was that really necessary Shane. I don't get it I guess maybe we should change the name if your bothered that much by it. Come on man give one of us a call or maybe some chance to get it right maybe we even thought it was a good idea you had. But as for the rest of your shit unnecessary and really not appreciated. But at this point I have enough on my plate to keep me busy don't really need to be like water and seek the lowest level surrounding me. Have a good day ya all been kinda absent I know you all miss me ?


Really? get over yourself.

Sounds good Kenton let me know. We might be able to work something out. :wink:


So we've been talking on a joke thread about one of our players about an exchange from a different thread that is based on Shane joking (again, my interpretation) about you guys needing to change the name of your Tues game and the very angry response to it from from Dirty? Even Buzzed85's responses indicated to me that he knew Shane was joking. Wow.
I'm sorry that the middle of my sentence interrupted the beginning of yours.
User avatar
rightcunnin
 
Posts: 2529
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2006 3:42 pm
Location: further out of my f-in mind than previously thought.

Postby GDL17921 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:04 pm

I think we're just being like water now Scottie. :lol:
User avatar
GDL17921
 
Posts: 8537
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:57 am
Location: on a rock

Postby rightcunnin » Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:06 pm

Well, this bottom swimmer is leaving work and enjoying 3 days off. Happy discin everyone and hope to see some of you in Atlantic on Sunday.
I'm sorry that the middle of my sentence interrupted the beginning of yours.
User avatar
rightcunnin
 
Posts: 2529
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2006 3:42 pm
Location: further out of my f-in mind than previously thought.

PreviousNext

Return to Ames Club

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest