2010 Norwalk Glow Tourney

Postby ghstinshll » Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:13 pm

Need to add up scorecards - should be tonight, or most likely tomorrow night. Given last night's drama - I'll have to personally deliver prizes to those who earned them, since noone was able to stick around for everything.
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby therealJT » Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:07 pm

ghstinshll wrote:Soemone might have lost a phone @ the park last night. Anyone know of someone w/ a phone 2/ a lighter as the wallpaper/background image? Wade's dropping it off to me, and I'll figure the rest out when I get it.

maybe it is one of the "thugs" phones :twisted:
therealJT

Postby ghstinshll » Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:46 pm

Nope. Went thru the txt messages & found it was a friend of a friend's. Will be dropping it off @ work this week.
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby ghstinshll » Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:47 pm

Just a quick cross-ref to the trouble we had last evening @ the glow. Norwalk teens ganged up on some of our Discers trying to have some fun AND use proper course etiquette.

http://iowadg.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7052
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby ghstinshll » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:44 am

Winners from the glow:

CTP's:

Jerry Youngbear (4)
Gary Lehmer (7)**
Jason Williamson (11)

Ring of Fire:
Matt Melcher
Gary Lehmer
Dave Beery

Distance:
Jason Thompson
Dave Beery

Mens Winner:
Dave Beery (51)

Womens Winner:
Amanda Beery (way to kick the field, Amanda!) :wink:

Rec Winner:
Jason Thompson & Mike Wall tied (51) (will take the 3 items for prize, add 1, zand split between the two)
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby ghstinshll » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:51 am

I have already delivered to Gary Lehmer & Matt Melcher, and Jason Thompson for his distance throw.

Disc for CTP to Jerry Youngbear will be delivered tonight @ league by Lehmer.

Disc for RoF, and mens winner items to Dave Beery will be delivered tonight @ league by Lehmer.

Womens winner was delivered the night of - since there wasn't any competition. (missed you, gayle!)

**(think I'm missing a Rof winner here)

Norwalk winners will be delivered by me personally for JT & Mwall.
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby ghstinshll » Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:26 am

Just got done w/ a meeting w/ the Park Director, and next year we're goign to have to do a few things.

This year I moved the event back a week so it would be darker sooner, and that caused this to bump into the football schedule. (never in my wildest dreams would have expected last Fri's transgressions to happen because of it).

(1) As a result, next year will have to be a week earlier, OR on a Saturday. Either way there's always a risk of random acts, but the last two years didn't have anything like this on the earlier week.

(2) No drinking will be allowed during the glow next year. This is a big bummer, but like I said the park is technically a no-drinking park. This year, w/ the violence that occurred, the police were concerned with the fact that players had been consuming, AND per the leads they received, the high school age kids had been too.

(3) Next year, early registration or AT LEAST RSVP will be encouraged, so we can anticipate how much, or how little to order for prizes.

(4) Liability waivers will be part of the signup forms as well.

I know this will scare off a lot of people, and unfortunately that's what the city has to do in order to continue the event. If it does happen this way, at least we know who we'll have, and can at least act accordingly to know how much schwag to order. Could have given out more...
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby therealJT » Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:57 pm

woohoo... i won something
therealJT

Postby ghstinshll » Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:59 pm

All items have been delivered - w/ Lehmer bringing Beery's other items on Monday.
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby ghstinshll » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:31 am

as a wrap-up, in 2011 I will not be running the Norwalk glow.

In addition to the incident w/ the players getting attacked, the park director wants early registration, no alcohol, and a liability waiver signed. Because of the need for this, I can forecast there being no interest in the event, and have decided to stop running the event.

Any questions, just let me know.
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby puppetmaster » Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:27 pm

cant say i blame you at all. If I had it to do all over again, I never would have built it on my own time.
'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'
puppetmaster

Previous

Return to Des Moines (Norwalk) - Windflower Park