Latest news!!

Postby Guest » Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:46 pm

i agree.

and when i said "and thats how things get done"... how did you come to assumption that i was talking about Clark...

maybe it was refering to the K.C./Chase posts, about people have alot of suggestion but no action!!

but youll never know because you just assumed, and maybe thats because you actually see Clark that way yourself, i dunno.

Postby Chase20460 » Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:39 pm

Great news Chad. You and Mike have taken the reins and done very well over at Eastern. Any chance of extra pins or is that pushing to hard?
http://www.ironliondgs.com
"I dont come to bow, I come to blow"- Bob Marley

"Im in the Gooooooo!" - Francine Smith
Chase20460

Postby flyinplastic23 » Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:12 am

2. I don't see much of a difference in what you did here and what people complain about "the board" doing. People say that Clark (or whoever) just take it upon themself to do things without any info coming from the club or interested parties...well, who knew about this, besides yourself, and probably Mike and Chase? I'm IN NO WAY saying that what you did is wrong, because I commend your efforts. But, I also think that its a double standard thats being created, because Jeff (and company) DO get things done, but are ridiculed for doing it behind the scenes. Again, it just comes down to communication. (and, realize that I got bombarded by the same complaints when I announced the Clinton course without having kept people informed, so I'm guilty of the exact same thing.)

K.C.- you didnt say he did anything wrong. I was referring to the double standard part of your post. I guess I dont think anything Chad did should be questioned. it seems to me you shouldnt have said anything about it... you said in essence... they've done this, youve done this, I've done this... whats the big deal... he got the ok to make the course better, whats up for debate? From what i understand the park is doing the modifications (at least paying for them) what does that need the ok of the club for... are we gonna tell them "no" we want eastern to stay the stay the way it is? I thought of it as stoking a fired that should just let be. Again what is the point of a park liason... i took mikes post as a joke, right? they arnt just there to pick up trash. Now we have 1.5 pages of usless back and forth when it should say... GOOD JOB! WAY TO GO.. YAY EASTERN and all that crap.

edit: why wasnt anything said to mr. eng when he got the ok for west lake?

and i took chads comment of "thats how you get things done" as being directed to those who say that "the tourny players go to every tourny and every league they can and just complain about everything but dont do anything to help."
A person with great dreams can accomplish great things- Bob Rotella

Pionta Guinness, le do thoil
flyinplastic23

Postby ajordanpippenfan » Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:39 am

nice job, Chad!!!
One of the greatest discoveries a man makes, one of his great surprises, is to find he can do what he was afraid he couldn't do.
Author: Henry Ford
ajordanpippenfan

Postby RonRazz » Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:03 pm

Thats great to hear Chad any consideration as to which holes will get the trash cans? I think that 1, 4, 8, 12, 14, 17 are all holes I have seen a considerable amount of trash at the signs.
RonRazz

Improvements

Postby Golfguy » Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:16 am

As one of the design build team...Thanks to Mr. Chad and Mike for leading with improvements.

Thanks again guys!

p.s. Hole #8 tee sign is missing...would you like assistance with it's replacement?
Proud Iron Lion Team Member
www.IronLionDGS.com
Golfguy

Re: Improvements

Postby batlord » Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:48 pm

Golfguy wrote:As one of the design build team...Thanks to Mr. Chad and Mike for leading with improvements.

Thanks again guys!

p.s. Hole #8 tee sign is missing...would you like assistance with it's replacement?

Don't let "someone" put it on backwards...
batlord

Backwards signs

Postby Golfguy » Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:34 pm

Dear Batlord,

I only installed one sign backwards...uh two?...uh ok, maybe three times!??!...but has anyone but "you" noticed??? I think not.
www.IronLionDGS.com
Golfguy

Re: Backwards signs

Postby batlord » Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:48 pm

Golfguy wrote:Dear Batlord,

I only installed one sign backwards...uh two?...uh ok, maybe three times!??!...but has anyone but "you" noticed??? I think not.

Only those people that teed off into the cornfield on hole 13 at Geneseo and still haven't found the basket. They've been missing for 4 years now... Ha Ha
batlord

Backwards Golf

Postby Golfguy » Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:55 pm

oh yeah...sorry 'bout that!
www.IronLionDGS.com
Golfguy

Postby karma27895 » Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:48 am

MDR_3000 wrote:I'm pretty sure, right after Chad found out about all this he posted about it. So,.anyone who passed the 2nd grade can read it and find out about it.
what happens when you didnt pass 2 nd grade
karma27895

Re: Latest news!!

Postby SoCal19 » Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:23 pm

Mr. Chad wrote:Eastern Ave. is getting:

cement tee pads for the longs!!
new tee signs
the parking lot extended
a NEW practice basket (so people dont get hit again)
mulch put around the baskets on the front 9
7 NEW benches
7 concrete garbage cans (like the one by 9's basket)

all of this should be done before winter...

see thats how you get things done..

Any work days set to get things going? It's getting pretty close to winter.
SoCal19

Postby SoCal19 » Sun Oct 08, 2006 11:17 pm

huh. Evidentley, nobody reads this thread.
SoCal19

Postby RonRazz » Sun Oct 08, 2006 11:22 pm

I do, I bet it would be easier to just ask Chad at the clinic on friday.
RonRazz

Postby K.C. » Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:26 pm

Just a reminder, and hopefully to recruit a few more people:

This Friday (October 13th) and next Saturday (October 21st) we will be helping host a clinic sponsored by Davenport Parks and Recreation from 12-4.

I'm meeting with Aaron from the parks department Wednesday night, with a couple others who have volunteered, but if anyone else would like to come...we're just going to go over what we have in mind. (So, if you are creative, and want to be a part of this...please come.) We'll be meeting at Eastern at 6:00 Wednesday (October 11th).

Those that I have signed up so far:

For Friday the 13th: Mr. Chad, Kelly, Dan, Tom B., Mike, and Chase.
- hopefully we'll have more people available.  No one is "required" to be there, but any help will/would be nice. Stay afterwards to play a round with some beginners and show them a thing or two.

For Saturday the 21st: Chase, Kathy, Mr. Chad, John Resch, Tracey, Kelly, Dan, Tom B., Jeremy, and myself.
- again, the more the better.&nbsp; </DIV>

Thanks for everyone's help, and feel free to write me back with any questions. I'll get to them as soon as I can.

K.C.
K.C.

PreviousNext

Return to Davenport - Eastern Avenue