2010 Norwalk Glow Tourney

2010 Norwalk Glow Tourney

Postby ghstinshll » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:36 pm

Date: Friday, August 27

Time: 6:00pm check-in and supper
7:20 Round-up & players meeting
7:45 Tee-off

Coordinator: Jason Williamson
Cost: $10 per person (High school and older)
Last edited by ghstinshll on Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby puppetmaster » Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:07 pm

my feeling; way to much money for this, if Matt want to charge for his brew, that one thing, we get a good buzz out of that, 12 holes in windflower for 12 dollars is just plan stupid. My feelings. Just not worth it. Good luck but dont expect me this year unless i just show up to crash
'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'
puppetmaster

Postby ghstinshll » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:00 pm

I'd ask you what your magic $ amount is, but I know that'd be FREE! :-P

Gary, might want to check w/ that smartass designer, but it's 18 holes... :lol:

Any feedback is appreciated though. Mikal, Cool & crew - how'd you think the price was?

Maybe round it down to $10?
Last edited by ghstinshll on Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby ghstinshll » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:02 pm

this year the disc selection will be better as well, as I think I had Nancy agreeing to ordering directly from Innova. Similar to her order for misc discs you helped her with previously. Might want to bug her about that, or picking up a few discs for the dept since they're empty.
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby ghstinshll » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:26 pm

K - cost this year is $10

I believe we had about 25 people last year, maybe more?

I'll plan on prizes (discs & T's) for around 20 people, maybe a few cheaper token items as well, like last year, maybe more. If people let me know there are more signups, I can always throw stuff in last minute from the collection like last year.

Date: Friday, August 27

Time: 6:00pm check-in and supper
8:20 Round-up & players meeting
8:45 Tee-off

Coordinator: Jason Williamson
Cost: $10 per person (High school and older)
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby ghstinshll » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:33 am

Sounds like the Man Van's coming, and drawing more than it can hold!? Can't wait to see you guys.

Norwalk Crew is shaping up too. Possibly a few outside referrals as well.

Have T's, Visors, RIPTs, Bottle openers, and discs to give away this year. Should be a good time again as usual!

Since I'll be rolling in from a work class in Schaumburg that early evening, I've got volunteers willing to help out - but if any of you more experienced players wouldn't mind seeing if anything needs done when you arrive, that'd be stellar.

See you there!
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby puppetmaster » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:48 am

I'll get there early to try to help where needed but remember that one hand will be busy holding a glass. The LAKE in the middle is getting real bad, I'll rig something up to fish out the wet ones. Do you want us to mow the creek-line or should I be nice and leave it to stop the disc? The only thing I hate about not mowing is its real easy to lose sight and find them with as high as it is now. Let me know
'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'
puppetmaster

Postby QMikal » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:20 am

my putter will be there. :)
Don't worry about that big guy, I can scream like a school girl!
QMikal

Postby ghstinshll » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:39 am

It's funny, that's the ONLY thign i ever see you post, Mikal - but see you there! 8)
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby puppetmaster » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:12 am

ghstinshll wrote:It's funny, that's the ONLY thign i ever see you post, Mikal - but see you there! 8)

That's funny, It's.................. your welcome
puppetmaster

Postby ghstinshll » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:41 pm

puppetmaster wrote:I'll get there early to try to help where needed but remember that one hand will be busy holding a glass. The LAKE in the middle is getting real bad, I'll rig something up to fish out the wet ones. Do you want us to mow the creek-line or should I be nice and leave it to stop the disc? The only thing I hate about not mowing is its real easy to lose sight and find them with as high as it is now. Let me know

The "real creek hazard" should probably be protected - while the "buried creek" from 5/7, to 8, should be 100% mowed? There's a couple stones down under 5's basket though that people put in to walk through the mud. :?
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby puppetmaster » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:03 pm

thats funny that you said that about the part they fixed. The whole idea was to be able to mow it when everything was done. As you can see, they haven't figured it out yet.
puppetmaster

Postby QMikal » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:06 am

puppetmaster wrote:
ghstinshll wrote:It's funny, that's the ONLY thign i ever see you post, Mikal - but see you there! 8)

That's funny, It's.................. your welcome

well i guess i could go ahead and bring out the big guns for that round. but considering i might have 1 or 2 beers/cactus juice in me while i'm playing i'm figuring maybe only throwing 250-300 ft putter shots might be more to my liking. that way i'll be able to find them easier. :) lol but maybe,..... just maybe,... i will step up and light up a mid-range. wait and see sports fans!!!
Don't worry about that big guy, I can scream like a school girl!
QMikal

Postby ghstinshll » Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:41 pm

Got all the luminaries assembled today, and 3 CTP baggies. Just need placed, lit, and glow sticked w/ the 300 8" sticks I bought last week.

Dropped off everything in the pavillion's storage closet today. Luminaries ready to light, glow sticks in a shopping bag, bunch of bug spray, and the CTP baggies...

It's all ready to be set up. Thanks to all of you who are helping me out this year.
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby ghstinshll » Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:12 pm

Soemone might have lost a phone @ the park last night. Anyone know of someone w/ a phone 2/ a lighter as the wallpaper/background image? Wade's dropping it off to me, and I'll figure the rest out when I get it.
##39027
ghstinshll

Next

Return to Des Moines (Norwalk) - Windflower Park