Camden II

Postby Sprague » Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:46 am

just a reminder that every Monday night we get together at Camden II to clean up and do little projects.

Tonight Evan is coming out to help us rope up a couple a trees and pull them back up straight (storm bent)...if that doesn't work (which it should) que the chainsaw noises! :twisted:

FYI - the creek on hole 18 flowed very well during the torrential rains, and is draining properly.

I get off work at 6pm, but Evan should be out there before 5pm. If you get there early and have a hand whip or loppers - just clean where your heart tells ya - remember everything that gets done is one more foot in front of the other.
Sprague

Postby freburg36625 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:42 pm

Threw in a putter on hole 6 sunday for a 2 only eagles left are 5 and 8
freburg36625

Postby freburg36625 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:35 pm

correction that actually happened on saturday night after fort madison
freburg36625

Postby Sprague » Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:04 am

Getting together this morning to work on the course a little.

We will then be racing the ping pong balls - hopefully around noon.

Full results to be posted later and eventually aired on YouTube.
Sprague

Postby Lou Siffer » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:02 am

Brad Ellis and I did some work on hole 6 last night, and made a small dent. Started weed eating, but then realized that what needed to be done first was to get the branches, limbs and other debris out first.

I'm sure you know it's a real bitch to lose stuff in there.

I'd like to get people out there tonight to do some more work there. I'll be there at 5:30 with weed whacker and chainsaw in hand. If we have a decent turnout, we can get 6 cleaned up, and move to 7.
"Determine that the thing can and shall be done, and then we shall find the way."
-Abraham Lincoln
Lou Siffer

Postby Lou Siffer » Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:00 am

Just want to give a shout out to Mike Friestad, Chase, Dustin Avery, and Evan for coming out to work on hole 6 at CII.

Thanks for the hard work, you guys. It really looks fantastic!
"Determine that the thing can and shall be done, and then we shall find the way."
-Abraham Lincoln
Lou Siffer

Postby mountainmama » Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:03 pm

I played all 18 at C2 yesterday. Fantastic job of cleaning it up. It plays very well, and I played it alone and only spent time looking for a disc on 16 of all holes. Great job out there!
I shot 6 over, if only I could actually do that in a tournament situation! Nice layout, Chris!
"You can tell more about a person in an hour of play than a year of conversation." Plato
mountainmama

Postby Lou Siffer » Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:34 pm

Ronrazz is leading up a crew this Sunday the 8th at Camden II to put in sleeves for alternate pin positions.

If you have a pickup truck or even a big trunk (no, not that kind of big trunk) that can be used to haul small bags of concrete, that would be a big help. Concrete can be picked up at B&B hardware in Milan.

Work will begin at 9:00AM.
-Abraham Lincoln
Lou Siffer

Postby Lou Siffer » Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:07 am

I forgot to mention that if you have any 5 gallon buckets or other large vessels, please bring them for hauling water. Thanks.
-Abraham Lincoln
Lou Siffer

Postby Sniper26 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:18 am

Buckets with lids= even better.
Sniper26

Postby GDL17921 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:56 am

empty milk jugs (gallon) work pretty well with quick crete.
GDL17921

Postby Sprague » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:49 pm

I've been importing as much text and pictures as I can manage into the new Camden Two Blog (setup by Brad Ellis).

Please check out Camden Two and feel free to post (I have the option to trash your comments or keep them) I'm kidding though, I would love to hear constructive thoughts and especially personal preference statements, even if I disagree or have already thought about - it's helpful to understand what people are looking for across the board, and that's essentially what my goals have been with Camden II, an accessible course for various skill levels.

I want to take a moment to thank Gene Mattecheck again, he's constantly calling me with ideas and consistently delivers on his promises. Gene's most recent addition is signage for the course (both helpful and fun)...he's truly an asset to our community and we should all take a moment to pat him on the back while shaking his hand.

THANK YOU GENE! you crazy @%$*! (he told me himself he was crazy...and he provided references to prove it)

Also thanks to Jerry Miller for providing a snow shovel for the tees, my hope is to lock it to the tee on hole 1 and get a bunch of keys made for all the "Friends of Camden" if they want one.
Sprague

Snow shovel

Postby tufluk » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:52 pm

Thanks Chris. It is a sad commentary on society that we would have to lock up a lousy snow shovel. If you need assistance moving any baskets for ice bowl, give me a call, I'll bring a torch to thaw the locks.

"It seems the harder I work, the luckier I get" Unknown
tufluk

Postby Schirm » Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:58 pm

Blog looks good Chris. I've only had the privilege of play II a handfull of times, but its nice to see how far its gone since I played it almost 2 years ago.

Also cool, since I played in the Concrete Jungle in '09, I like to think that I paid for that C pin on 4 that I've never seen before :D
Force, Wraith, Teebird, Pig, Buzzz, Cobra, Challenger...This week at least.
Schirm

Work on hole 6

Postby tufluk » Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:35 pm

Chris asked me to post: Chainsaws, loppers, and weedwhips on hole 6b tonight at 5:30. Maybe glow later.
tufluk

PreviousNext

Return to Quad Cities (Milan, IL) - Camden Park