New Millennium Releases

For all the others, DGA, Lightning, Wammo, and others

New Millennium Releases

Postby Clue » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:59 pm

golfdisc.com

Without checking, my assumption is that this is the original Polaris LS mold which in it's day was a sweet disc.....for 1 or 2 throws. They got beat up quickly and thus became pretty worthless. The Sirius plastic is pretty sweet and will definitely improve on this disc's longevity, but it beats up just enough to allow it to become seasoned over time.

That all being said I have not thrown the production run. The prototype I have is pretty overstable. It's a nice compliment to a JLS, similar distance, but much more stable.

I don't have the QOLS yet, but the SOLS is absolutely the straightest disc available, however they do beat up somewhat quickly so the Q will be much more dependable.

There are two new molds coming out this spring as well. I'm very much looking forward to seeing them. I've added the Aurora and QJLS this year and am looking forward to throwing much more Millennium this year.
Clue

Postby Steady 26542 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:27 pm

Perfect assessment of the SPLS.

The QOLS is a tick more stable than the 1.1 SOLS. The surprising thing to me about it is that it seems to have more glide. It's got a bit more dome than the 1.1 SOLS which I believe is why. It's not near as beefy as the 1.2 SOLS. Personally, I like the 1.1 SOLS better than the 1.2 SOLS.

The new QOLS is in the bag and will likely take over the 1.1 SOLS spot.
Team Iron Lion
Team MILLENNIUM
Team Gorilla Boy
"Frisbees are a hobby; disc golf is a sport."
Steady 26542

Postby Chase20460 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:04 pm

We got some of these in- both plastics and I think Im going to try them out. I rely on my QMS and QJLS so much I think my next mission will be Q Sents and the QOLF. Not that huge a fan of the newer stiffer QMS. I was waiting for them for along time, but they just dont feel right for some reason. Lost out on a new PDGA Appoved version this weekend, I think Dana gave it to Douchebrad.

I think I might have got Ross on QJLS', but we will have to see.
http://www.ironliondgs.com
"I dont come to bow, I come to blow"- Bob Marley

"Im in the Gooooooo!" - Francine Smith
Chase20460

Postby Discgo » Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:37 am

I have two new "appoved" qms I would be willing to trade.
Discgo

Postby SpikeHyzer » Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:17 am

Not that they are new releases...but I picked up a 178g Q-MS and a 172g Q-Orion LF this past weekend at Wal-Mart of all places, for $10.50 each. Played a round at GV with them yesterday and was pleasantly surprised. The QMS was very easy to work different lines with. Seems a bit slower than a Buzzz. The QOLF seemed like it fit between a Teebird and Starfire/Wraith. Easy to control like a Teebird, with a touch more speed like a Starfire/Wraith. The jury is still out on the QOLF, but the QMS may stay in the bag for a bit.
The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge, but imagination.
SpikeHyzer

Postby Chase20460 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:14 pm

Discgo wrote:I have two new "appoved" qms I would be willing to trade.

I have alot of discs to trade for them, if they are still available.

Chase20460

Postby SpikeHyzer » Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:22 pm

Chase20460 wrote:

Already beat ya to them :wink:
SpikeHyzer

Postby Steady 26542 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:45 pm

Chase20460 wrote:

I'm sure you all know this but in case you don't, not all "appoved" QMS's are CE. I have several that are just regular Champ, pretty see through.
Team Iron Lion
Team MILLENNIUM
Team Gorilla Boy
Steady 26542

Postby Single L » Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:42 pm

I think I just bit the lure ..... Clue had me throw the Orion LS (not sure what plastic or version 1.1, 1.2, etc) last night and I liked it. I'm may also take a look at the JLS ...... I'm not in love with my fairway drivers. I think the OLS could potentially fill the void between the Wraith's and the Teebird/TL's in my bag. There's a lot of times I need the control of my Teebird's / TL's and similar D to my Wraiths. Big thanks to Clue for making me second guess my bagImage ......... we all know your just trying to get in our heads and keep us down so we don't eclipse your greatness :lol:
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby Clue » Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:54 pm

I'm glad you liked it. In all seriousness, I truly, truly believe in the quality of these discs. Joe T has been raving about them and we'll see how you do.

When I threw Gateway way back when I knew I was throwing an inferior product, and I probably felt that way a little bit when I first started throwing Millennium, but that has not been the case for a long time. Since the advent of the QOLS (which is what Corey is talking about, and I believe Mark's favorite driver now), along with the QOLF, Millennium has the best *golf shot* drivers on the market.
Clue

Postby SpikeHyzer » Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:00 pm

I have been throwing the OLF/OLS/JLS trio for close to a month now. I am still just as impressed with these three molds now as I was back in July.
SpikeHyzer

Postby anubis080 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:47 am

Hey, Steady, got your hands on one of those new Quasars yet?
"he always flips his nuke ss's over forehand"-Rich
"those are regular z nukes, Rich..."-Andy
anubis080

Postby Steady 26542 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:44 pm

Not yet. I did talk to Ned and the Quasar is a speed 13 overstable disc. I'm looking forward to it for sidearms and big head winds. I did get the new Astra. It's a speed 11/12 understable driver that should work for us less powerful players. It's supposed to be available next week.
Team Iron Lion
Team MILLENNIUM
Team Gorilla Boy
Steady 26542

Postby Chase20460 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:50 pm

In Stock..........

Chase20460

Postby Clue » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:31 am

I've only played 2 rounds since I got these discs. The Quasar is a perfect replacement for my Force. It's fast and very overstable. The Astra will be a good driver for beginning players, but I can't find a use for it over any of the Orions.
Clue

Next

Return to The Rest