In and outs

The most important skill in the game, learn it here

Postby O_D » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:32 am

porkchop wrote:You kind of nailed it on the head ....... IMO

The skill in soft putting is gauging the distance for how much mustered to put on it and how high or low to aim. The skill in putting hard is hitting dead center and low to avoid the spit out. To me adjusting the power and height is much easier than having to hit the perfect spot every time.

I am going to give you so much shiz when you have a spit out tonight.
Calmer than you are.
O_D

Postby Clue » Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:11 pm

Another issue is plastic type. I've putted with Supersofts, SE Rhynos, Soft Challengers, and now Pro Rhynos, and I've never had the kickout issues I see with most other players. However, when I putted with harder discs, namely Wizards and Pro-D Challengers I had all kinds of bounce outs and pass-throughs.

The variance may be small, but I think it's there and it's noticeable. My guess would be less than 1/10 of 1% of putts I considered made end up on the ground, whereas I'd guess anywhere from 1-3% of most others kickout somehow. I play with Fausch quite a bit and let's say he averages 25 putts/round. I don't think there's any question he gets a spit at least once in every 2-3 rounds (btw, he putts with Aviars).
Clue

Postby irban » Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:23 pm

A lot of people think they were robbed when the putt was off center. They're saying 'why didn't that stay in' and I'm saying, 'because it was high right'. I don't consider the ones that might have gone either way to be spit outs. Hitting the pole or ring and bouncing out, sliding straight though the chains, etc. are spit outs to me. Catching the left side and miraculously spinning into the basket is a spit in.
~~~- ¥
irban

Location: A State of Minds. (the idiot who thought this was clever is back, did you notice?)

Previous

Return to Putting Technique