New State Coordinator

Post questions and comments to Justin McLuen the Iowa State Coordinator

Moderator: Clue

Postby frogawitdafizzle » Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:15 pm

Great now when I argue you, you might actually have some type of authority.
frogawitdafizzle

Postby arowan21 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:15 am

z-man wrote:ya got my vote...
can you vote for iowa SC
arowan21

Postby z-man » Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:51 am

arowan21 wrote:
z-man wrote:ya got my vote...
can you vote for iowa SC
I can give him my vote of confidence I guess...
I might be back in time to actually vote...though I have no idea when elections are...
I want to get a vending machine with fun sized candy bars...and the glass in front is a magnifying glass. You'll be mad, but it will be too late.
-Mitch Hedberg
~namaste~
z-man

Postby GDL17921 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:53 am

that's cool, cuz we have no idea when you're moving back :lol:
GDL17921

Postby z-man » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:18 am

Targeting the end of July now...gotta find a job before I rush back there and my leads are dragging their feet...maybe now's the time to open up that greenhouse I've always wanted...
I want to get a vending machine with fun sized candy bars...and the glass in front is a magnifying glass. You'll be mad, but it will be too late.
-Mitch Hedberg
~namaste~
z-man

Postby Beerman » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:39 am

End of July is a good time to move back. State fair in August and one of the longest running tournaments in the country (Des Moines Open) is in August as well.
Beerman

Postby GDL17921 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:18 pm

Clue wrote: My disc golf resume is lengthy

at least we get to read the other candidate's. :idea: :lol: :idea:
GDL17921

Postby IHearChains » Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:24 pm

GDL5000 wrote:
Clue wrote: My disc golf resume is lengthy

at least we get to read the other candidate's. :idea: :lol: :idea:

Given the personal attack Clue posted in the other thread, I'd sure like to see Clue's accomplishments, so that I can compare them to Tim's.
IHearChains

Postby Clue » Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:08 pm

IHearChains wrote:Given the personal attack Clue posted in the other thread, I'd sure like to see Clue's accomplishments, so that I can compare them to Tim's.

Let's not blow this out of proportion. I'm referring to a handful of incidents, not who the guy is. But here's a few things that I have done off the top of my head:

I worked with a handful of people in the Des Moines Disc Golf Club with the installation of several courses including Margo Frankel Woods, Grandview, Ewing, Walnut Ridge, Altoona, Water Works, (Southwoods?? - don't remember), and headed the redesign at Pickard Park in Indianola for the '04 worlds. I hosted the Iowa State Flying Disc Championships in Iowa City including setting up a temporary 18 hole course in City Park (on the other side of the river from Peninsula).

As a player I've been to 3 USDGCs and 3 World Championships (only played mixed doubles in Minnesota). I lived in AZ which was a great experience because it's a completely different culture and there's a lot to learn playing in other areas of the country.

I've been very fortunate to be part of a group from Des Moines that has travelled to Texas every spring for over 15 years where we've played many courses around Dallas, Waco, and Austin, and most notably 3 private properties with incredible ranch courses. I bring this up because this trip was instrumental in bringing many design concepts of John Houck's back to Iowa. John, to my knowledge, is the first person to really stretch disc golf from all par 3 golf into what it is today. Guys like me, Steve Nixt, Rodney Gardner, Steve Kenton (former State Coordinator), and John Latch were all influenced greatly by this and it shows in all of the Des Moines area courses.

I have not held many titles, but I've been a part of the Des Moines Disc Golf Club off and on since day one. As a group we've been very successful and there's been contributions from in upwards of 50 people. I'm just one of them. I have however been president of 3 different businesses that have all done pretty well.
Clue

Postby IHearChains » Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:03 pm

Clue wrote:
IHearChains wrote:Given the personal attack Clue posted in the other thread, I'd sure like to see Clue's accomplishments, so that I can compare them to Tim's.

Let's not blow this out of proportion. I'm referring to a handful of incidents, not who the guy is. But here's a few things that I have done off the top of my head:

I worked with a handful of people in the Des Moines Disc Golf Club with the installation of several courses including Margo Frankel Woods, Grandview, Ewing, Walnut Ridge, Altoona, Water Works, (Southwoods?? - don't remember), and headed the redesign at Pickard Park in Indianola for the '04 worlds. I hosted the Iowa State Flying Disc Championships in Iowa City including setting up a temporary 18 hole course in City Park (on the other side of the river from Peninsula).

As a player I've been to 3 USDGCs and 3 World Championships (only played mixed doubles in Minnesota). I lived in AZ which was a great experience because it's a completely different culture and there's a lot to learn playing in other areas of the country.

I've been very fortunate to be part of a group from Des Moines that has travelled to Texas every spring for over 15 years where we've played many courses around Dallas, Waco, and Austin, and most notably 3 private properties with incredible ranch courses. I bring this up because this trip was instrumental in bringing many design concepts of John Houck's back to Iowa. John, to my knowledge, is the first person to really stretch disc golf from all par 3 golf into what it is today. Guys like me, Steve Nixt, Rodney Gardner, Steve Kenton (former State Coordinator), and John Latch were all influenced greatly by this and it shows in all of the Des Moines area courses.

I have not held many titles, but I've been a part of the Des Moines Disc Golf Club off and on since day one. As a group we've been very successful and there's been contributions from in upwards of 50 people. I'm just one of them. I have however been president of 3 different businesses that have all done pretty well.

Thanks for the info.

If you want to swing the vote your way by invoking *lots* of secret messages that no one else can see, or past history that is apparently top secret, somebody ought to call your bluff. That's all I was doing, nothing personal. "Handful of incidents" doesn't sound like much of an issue after all.

Good luck in the election, like others I am glad there are two candidates.
IHearChains

Postby Single L » Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:12 pm

I smell a Public Debate ...... Meet up somewhere, film it and put it up on Youtube .... Problem solved ...... or more arise :shock: ....... either way it should be entertaining :D
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby Golfguy » Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:36 am

Clue wrote:

Let's not blow this out of proportion. I'm referring to a handful of incidents, not who the guy is.

Gee Thanks Clue...your a great guy too.

I would like to know what these "incidients" are...have you ever heard of the "telephone" game? If a "secret" is passed in a room the story ALWAYS changes...and if humans are involved the story gets worse.

Let's see how this works: I stroke some freakn' moron 2 strokes because they shoot from the wrong tee ( and NO they did not attend the player's meeting )...then I get my life threaten and my mother is a whore. Yes, the joy of being a TD. (Unless you have done it you have no idea how mean people can be when you enforce the rules). Of course that was 10 YEARS AGO AND I HAVE LEARNED...people make mistakes and LEARN from them.
Proud Iron Lion Team Member
www.IronLionDGS.com
Golfguy

Postby Golfguy » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:09 am

Clue,

I think your comments are very unprofessional and rude.

Last year during the Iron Lion Safari I spent the MONEY to travel to a tournament I love to play on a course I designed, raised money, and installed. I really wanted to play...but, I sat aside for a World Champion to have a spot at the last minute without any preregistration. I know letting her play is MUCH better for the sport than me.

Yeah, Clue it is always about me and I always have to have it my way.

I think your login name should be "Clueless" not Clue

Thanks for taking this election down...you're the best.

Why can't you run on YOUR merits and not use rumors from 10 YEARS AGO.
Last edited by Golfguy on Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
www.IronLionDGS.com
Golfguy

Postby SARG27044 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:11 am

:o -Thats a yawning emoticon....
SARG27044

Postby Golfguy » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:12 am

SARG27044 wrote::o -Thats a yawning emoticon....

sorry I don't understand online humor very well. Would you mind explaining? Maybe it would be more entertaining if it was your reputation at question?
Last edited by Golfguy on Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
www.IronLionDGS.com
Golfguy

PreviousNext

Return to Ask the State Coordinator