NHL love anyone?

Sports related topics.

NHL love anyone?

Postby TreeLoveInman » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:03 am

Go blackhawks! haha I was willing to say that would take the cup in only 4 games, after losing last night I am not as sure but they are still 2-1. I still say blackhawks will take it! Been a while for them.
Team Iron Lion
TreeLoveInman

Postby Single L » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:21 am

Fo Shizzle ........ I've watched almost every game of both conference finals and haven't missed a Cup Game (a few via DVR).

If you like hockey but have a hard time getting into you need to watch the Finals, the level of play is just sick and the action is non-stop; add on the fact that the series are going 6 to 7 games, and it doesn’t get much better. My wife is even getting into it, and she only really likes going to Hockey games (she hates it on TV, much like she does for Baseball). Oh and by the way the NHL Playoffs have made the NBA finals look like a joke this year

I like a few of the key pieces that Philly has, but I really like the team dynamic and the attitude Chicago has. Add the fact that they’re a Midwest team and in a major championship funk ..... I’d say I’m on board with the Blackhawks as well. I should also note that I was a big Blackhawks fan growing up; big fan of JR, Belfour, and Chelios fan, even got a jersey one Christmas (I think I still have it somewhere). But once they all went their separate ways I kind of jumped on the Dallas Stars bandwagon when they moved from Minneapolis. I haven’t really had a team in about 10 yrs; but now with the reassurance of the Blackhawks I may jump on that wagon again ...... really all I like to see is good hockey and that’s what we’ve got in the NHL this year ........ now if they could just get off Versus that would great.
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby O_D » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:03 am

I don't watch much/any hockey during regular season, but have followed Blackhawks thru Playoffs. Friggin great games this year. I don't see Blackhawks losing another game.

Side note - I like the announcer on VS. How in the hell he can keep up and seeminginly not miss saying anything is amazing.
Calmer than you are.
O_D

Postby Single L » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:18 am

O_D wrote:Side note - I like the announcer on VS. How in the hell he can keep up and seeminginly not miss saying anything is amazing.

That would be Mike Emrick, probably the dopest play-by-play guy out there. Gary Thorne was also solid a few years back. I remember when ESPN dropped the NHL and Thorne switched to Baseball and how weird it weas hearing him do a baseball game. I know every time I heard his voice in the background I thought a hockey game was on until I looked up and realized ..... yawn ..... It was just baseball.
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby The Donator » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:27 am

None
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
The Donator

Postby Sniper26 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:31 am

You must not be able to skate or had your girlfriend taken by a hockey player.
Sniper26

Postby GaW27166 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:55 pm

Sniper26 wrote:You must not be able to skate or had your girlfriend taken by a hockey player.

Or hockey is just boring. Its fun to watch in person about once every 10 years.
GaW27166

Postby discgolfduval » Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:22 pm

^^^^^^^^^

Exactly.
discgolfduval

Postby Buzzznation » Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:07 pm

O_D wrote:I don't watch much/any hockey during regular season, but have followed Blackhawks thru Playoffs. Friggin great games this year. I don't see Blackhawks losing another game.

Side note - I like the announcer on VS. How in the hell he can keep up and seeminginly not miss saying anything is amazing.

I feel the same way. I think it was the quarterfinals, not sure which game in the series the blackhawks were down, but the Blackhawks scored a goal with 5 seconds left to tie it up and win the game in OT. Biggest turning point for them. It's been a great ride and at least Chicago has someone winning games right now. Great time to be a Chicago sports fan. :D
NO!......Welp!?
Buzzznation

Postby TreeLoveInman » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:40 pm

Yea hockey is great in person. Even better when playing it. The games going on right now are just non-stop action. Niemi is really on his game..Goalie for chicago
Team Iron Lion
TreeLoveInman

Postby Sniper26 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:34 pm

Hockey is the hardest sport to play at a competitive level. 99% of the population is able to run during their sports playing ages. How many can skate?
Sniper26

Postby The Donator » Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:28 pm

Sniper26 wrote:Hockey is the hardest sport to play at a competitive level. 99% of the population is able to run during their sports playing ages. How many can skate?

Wrong. Golf is by far and away the hardest sport to play at a competitive level. And im pretty sure 99% of the population could skate if they tried or gave a shit. Hockey sucks. /endthread
The Donator

Postby TreeLoveInman » Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:03 pm

lmao. I dont understand why people say hockey sucks, You get out and try it, One its a blast if you can skate and if you have any stick handling. Its a great game and takes a lot of skill.
Team Iron Lion
TreeLoveInman

Postby Single L » Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:29 pm

Are You Not Entertained??

Single L

Postby The Donator » Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:09 am

No.
The Donator

Next

Return to Sports