Course Maintenance

Course Maintenance

Postby KePP » Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:00 pm

What can I do to help this course? Some of the teepads were so bad Monday night it defeated the purpose of even having a teepad. Hole 8, for example, which I think Doogie scraped off before the Iron Lion Open, was all mud. There were some others, too, anybody know which ones?

Can I dig a little trench around the teepad, or just along the uphill portion, to prevent dirt from running onto it? Are the parks people touchy about me going out there with a shovel?

What can be done?
KePP

Postby Sniper26 » Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:24 pm

Digging a trench helps for a short amount of time, but then it fills back up and ends up just like before. I know from my experiance on hole 14 at Camden. What really needs to be done is lay down and stake in a few 1x4s which I have an abundance of, but not the time to do it. I know that I am the ward director in which Prospect falls in, but I have never made contact with the city of Moline. Chase, can you help us out here with someone to get in touch with?
Sniper26

Postby Lou Siffer » Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:47 pm

I think Doug House is the person to contact for Moline Parks.

Yeah, trenches won't work on flowing water where there's no vegetation to hold the soil in place. Paul's correct that something needs to be put in the path of the water to re-direct the flow away from the tee pad.
"Determine that the thing can and shall be done, and then we shall find the way."
-Abraham Lincoln
Lou Siffer

Postby Mad Max » Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:07 pm

Whoever (Chase?) came up with the Idea to add some new trees to hole #10 I believe was a genius. Once those little sappers grow up that hole will play quite a bit tougher IMHO.

8)
Mad Max

Postby TreeLoveInman » Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:58 am

I work for doug house For blackhawk township (milan) actually and maybe I can sneek in a question about this...I have wanted to for a while now build some stairs going down 4's hill, after eating it going across the path I am more now then ever wanting to make them. Ok beer was a help but still, that hill is something else, I ski down it anyway...on foot ofcourse...lmao. So I was just thinking big enough dirt stairs would do the trick, even after wear and tear they will remain there. Any input? Also with the teepads any kind of retaining wall around them would work great, wood stone anything. I will see if I can talk to doug.
Team Iron Lion
TreeLoveInman

Return to Quad Cities (Moline, IL) - Prospect Park