2010 Course Work

Postby Budhyzer 17696 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:01 pm

As those of you at the doubles tourney may have noticed, #18 pad is now extended to 12'. Pads in the near future for extending are #1 and #4.
We are looking at extending #5B, #6, #7B and #8B too.
#8A pad will get spruced up a little also.
Down the road, #15 pad area will have an entire makeover and #16 will get some love too.

Thanks to everyone for the great comments that I heard about the course while at the dubs tourney. It sure makes the work A LOT easier when you know it is appreciated. :wink:
Wildcat Bluff Crew Member
Budhyzer 17696

Postby Budhyzer 17696 » Fri May 14, 2010 4:01 pm

Steve's been hard at work weedwhacking the fairways again this year and
with the grass seed that has been spread around the last couple of years, the fairways are starting to look great. He may need to buy a mower soon. :shock: :lol:
If you haven't seen the course right after whacking, you need to try to make it out. It's amazing.
And if you see him out there whacking, let him know it is appreciated!

Tee pad work will be in full force after this weekend; we'll be 4 wheeling materials around for numerous pad extensions projects, permanent pads on the A-B-C holes and steps and retaining walls on #14.

No rest for the wicked. :twisted:
Budhyzer 17696

Postby hyzerman16234 » Fri May 14, 2010 5:34 pm

Budhyzer 17696 wrote:Steve's been hard at work weedwhacking the fairways again this year and
with the grass seed that has been spread around the last couple of years, the fairways are starting to look great. He may need to buy a mower soon. :shock: :lol:
If you haven't seen the course right after whacking, you need to try to make it out. It's amazing.
And if you see him out there whacking, let him know it is appreciated!

Tee pad work will be in full force after this weekend; we'll be 4 wheeling materials around for numerous pad extensions projects, permanent pads on the A-B-C holes and steps and retaining walls on #14.

No rest for the wicked. :twisted:

I whacked on 14 and 15 today. See everyone at the Doom this weekend!! 8)
hyzerman16234

Postby Crager » Thu May 20, 2010 6:56 am

We will be doing course work on Saturday 5/22. Hauling tee pad materials up to A,B,and C.
Come on up if you want to help
We will be up there around 8 am or so.

ODE call me 360-0106
Crager

Postby hyzerman16234 » Sat May 22, 2010 7:30 pm

The sleeves for A2 and C2 went in today. The long placements for those 2 holes. We also placed the pad materials for all the pad improvements for the front. Look for the baskets on A and C to be in new spots tomorrow. :twisted:
hyzerman16234

Postby hyzerman16234 » Wed May 26, 2010 4:46 pm

Whacked 5, 6, & 7 today! Just have 4 and a couple C pins left. Then start over. :twisted: This year seems to be worse for shit growing!
hyzerman16234

Postby Budhyzer 17696 » Mon May 31, 2010 7:35 pm

Very busy weekend of work on the course for yours truly.
Pads #4, 5B, 6, 7B and 8B are all now 12' long.
Thanks to Btchn for his manpower but especially for not telling me how to do it. :lol:

Hopefully I will get to #9B during the week and start on and maybe complete the A-B-C pads this weekend.

Crager - I'd like to get some sand hauled up for this weekend.
Let me know a good night this week we can do it.
If you will be hauling RR tie steps to #14 for Steve sometime this week, maybe we can fit it in then.
Budhyzer 17696

Postby Budhyzer 17696 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:19 pm

The crew was busy yesterday installing the A, B & C permanent pads.
We tried them out this morning and they're playing great.
#9B pad is now 12' long too.

Only a couple more pads need major upgrades with 3 or 4 needing touched up.
Then I can take a break.............not. :wink: :lol:
Budhyzer 17696

Postby Budhyzer 17696 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:48 am

Heading up to the course to add pin position markers on the sign posts.
They are colored fender washers bolted to the posts directly beneath the signs.
Red for the A position, blue for B and yellow for C, which matches the colors for those positions on the signs.
There are a few holes that are blind from the pads and this should help those that don't know which position the baskets are in.

Thanks to whoever came up with this idea, which I noticed at Devils Glen in the QC; very inexpensive and non-destructive to our custom signs.
Budhyzer 17696

Postby Budhyzer 17696 » Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:33 am

Tee pads #15 and #16 have now been extended in length.
A two block high retaining wall will soon be installed behind 15's pad.
Thanks to Matt Whitlock at King's Materials for the donation!! :D

This marks the end of the pad extension project for me.

I hear there are plans for #8A pad to be reworked. Talk is it will be a patio sized oasis.
Budhyzer 17696

Postby Budhyzer 17696 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:47 pm

Hole #14 received some major love this weekend with 30 steps installed, 10 going down to the foot bridge and 20 going up the hill. Steve and I knocked those out in around 6-7 hours time. Btchn has made a lot of progress on a very long retaining wall of RR ties in the first valley in front of the new A pin. The wall will extend to and around the A pin to the right and create a flat green area. Should be amazing when complete.

I finished the block retaining wall on # 15 pad and also added footage markers in #11, #14 and #17 fairways. They will tell you how far to each pin from that point.
Budhyzer 17696

Postby frogawitdafizzle » Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:58 pm

Course looks awesome, could barely see with all the bugs though.
frogawitdafizzle

Postby Budhyzer 17696 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:28 am

Btchn has finnished the retaining wall on #14, the area of the wall and the basket placement has been mulched and the basket is in the A position and looks sweet. It's cool to have a raised/ level green on a sidehill like that. Great job Robert!!

We've spread two large dump trucks full of mulch so far; on the front starting at the A through C holes and working back towards #1 and onthe back from #10 through #12. There's still A LOT more to do and hope we finish before the September 15th deadline for use of the four wheeler.
Thanks to Crager for the fourwheeler and Dev, Odie, Timmy and Steve for the loading and unloading manpower.

Steve an I will be out this weekend doing some pad work on #8A. When done, it should be a sight to see. :wink:
I also plan on makinig a couple log benches at #14 tee pad this weekend if all goes well.

I encourage all of you to come see all the improvements we've done this year at the Wildcat Bluff Open this October 23rd! (shameless promotion)
Budhyzer 17696

Postby AO » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:58 am

Budhyzer 17696 wrote:Btchn has finnished the retaining wall on #14, the area of the wall and the basket placement has been mulched and the basket is in the A position and looks sweet. It's cool to have a raised/ level green on a sidehill like that. Great job Robert!!

We've spread two large dump trucks full of mulch so far; on the front starting at the A through C holes and working back towards #1 and onthe back from #10 through #12. There's still A LOT more to do and hope we finish before the September 15th deadline for use of the four wheeler.
Thanks to Crager for the fourwheeler and Dev, Odie, Timmy and Steve for the loading and unloading manpower.

Steve an I will be out this weekend doing some pad work on #8A. When done, it should be a sight to see. :wink:
I also plan on makinig a couple log benches at #14 tee pad this weekend if all goes well.

I encourage all of you to come see all the improvements we've done this year at the Wildcat Bluff Open this October 23rd! (shameless promotion)

Man....
AO

Postby Crager » Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:46 am

Anybody that wants to help load/ spread woodchips tonight at 4 is more than welcome to come, we have 1 pile of chips that need to be taken up the front, we could also use a couple of people to take the full trash bags from the cans , tie them up and set them by the path so I can take them down on the return trips .

Thanks
Crager
Crager

PreviousNext

Return to Urbana - Wildcat Bluff