Getting Ready for Rumble

Getting Ready for Rumble

Postby Orange Guy » Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:49 am

Camden One needs some prepping for this weekend's Rumble. We have a list, we could use some help. It's not a lot and we should be able to get through it in one night.

Resch and I will be out there at 5:30. Anyone wanting to jump in, please do.
Orange Guy

Postby Orange Guy » Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:05 pm

There will be a group of us out there Thursday around 4:30 p.m. If you're bored, come out and lend a hand. We'll be in the 12-15 area.
Orange Guy

Postby Nitsud » Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:41 pm

Evan, Ben, Lenny, Ryan and myself cleaned up a lot of the garbage around the course today. Stuffed a few bags full of the usual chucker litter so there shouldn't be too much within eye view at least.

I'm going to try to get out to West Lake and do the same.
I play the game, but I don't keep score. I can't win or lose.
Nitsud

Postby Sniper26 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:26 pm

Dad and I will be out Thursday night with the 4-wheeler, gas powered hedge trimmer, and some other tools making the course look pristine for the Rumble. Anyone who would like to help my 60 year old dad and I get the course ready is welcome.
Sniper26

Postby Lou Siffer » Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:10 pm

Big THANKS, Dustin, Evan, Ben, Lenny, and Ryan. That's never fun, but always a huge help.

Dang, Paul... your dad's only 60? He looks better than you (j/k)!

I'll be there.
"Determine that the thing can and shall be done, and then we shall find the way."
-Abraham Lincoln
Lou Siffer

Postby Orange Guy » Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:54 pm

Very productive night! Thanks to Paul, Bill, John, Tracey, Carrie, Alex and the four (five?) guys who stumbled in after dark. Didn't catch your names, but appreciate the energy for the second wind.

Mulch around baskets on 5 and 16.
Mulch in front/around teepads.
Steps up to 8 teepad.
Major hedge trimming on 8, 11 and 12.
Tee sign on 9.
Major clearing and burning in the 12 basket, 13 tee, 14 tee, 15 tee area.
John went wild with the weedeater and knocked down a lot of rough areas.

Milan mowed both courses today, so everything is looking real nice.

There may be one more burn night tomorrow if anyone is interested. 14/15 still have some piles that could go.
Orange Guy

Postby treeMD » Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:56 am

you guys gonna be there at 530 again?
Q 32845
treeMD

Postby Orange Guy » Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:36 pm

John and Alex there right now. Not sure how late they'll be there.

I'm going to head over in a bit to get the long tees in on 1 and 10 ...
Orange Guy

Postby Lou Siffer » Tue May 18, 2010 10:28 am

Hey, look at this old thread I found!

We're going to be working on Camden II this Saturday, the 22nd, beginning at 9AM.

Bring any tools that you feel will be helpful in cutting wood, knocking down weeds, repairing stairs, etc. Gloves, long pants, and long sleeves aren't a bad idea, either.

See you there!
"Determine that the thing can and shall be done, and then we shall find the way."
-Abraham Lincoln
Lou Siffer

Postby IHearChains » Tue May 18, 2010 1:03 pm

Lou Siffer wrote:Hey, look at this old thread I found!

John, I enjoyed playing with you at Legion!

Is there permission to do any trimming at West Lake? The grass is well-mowed, as always, but there are quite a few branches hanging in the narrow gaps and tunnel fairways, like 2, 4, 8, 14, 17, 18. If some of those branches could be cleared out the course would be in great shape. Let me know if I can help with any trimming, if they allow it.
IHearChains

Postby Lou Siffer » Tue May 18, 2010 3:22 pm

Hey Greg, I had a blast. Too bad I can't throw worth a damn.

There is no trimming allowed by "civilians" at West Lake. In years past, MDR has been gracious enough to take someone from the park around, and show them what needs to be done. I'll forward your list along to him (assuming he'll do it again).
-Abraham Lincoln
Lou Siffer

Postby Lou Siffer » Fri May 21, 2010 11:01 am

Clean up at Camden II begins at 9AM tomorrow (Saturday 22nd).

If you get there after that, give me a call 563-676-6686.

Thanks!
-Abraham Lincoln
Lou Siffer

Postby Lou Siffer » Sat May 22, 2010 6:47 pm

Gotta give a big shout out to all that showed up today and GOT - IT - ON!

Mr. Bill, Paul Roesner, FB, Dave Arango, RonRazz, Evan, Caleb Holmquist, Mikey Heaton, and Sprauge.

FB really took charge of the stair repair on both 10 and 17. It was a major overhaul, and turned out great.

Everybody worked their asses off helping with the stair projects, weedeating, and cutting and throwing logs.

Thanks so much you guys. That's a HUGE help!
-Abraham Lincoln
Lou Siffer

Postby Sniper26 » Sat May 22, 2010 9:39 pm

Don't forget Gean. Big thanks to Razz and Dave for the ultimate flagstone walk of fame on the 17-18 bridge.
Sniper26

Postby Sprague » Sun May 23, 2010 10:18 am

Thanks everyone, not only for showing up, but for knocking it out of the park. Everyone took charge of the their time and covered a ton of ground!
Rass and Dave are rockhounds if I ever met one. Evan muscled around the brush hog - hitting as much of the course as humanly possible in a 6hr day. I know Mike Heaton was out there knocking down the rough as well - big thanks!

Fatboss and Mr. Bill brought a level of experience and confidence to the project on 10 that not only brought a quick resolution, but is beautiful as well!

Thanks John, Paul, and Brad for walking the course last Wed. to get a game plan, and for organizing the workday. (Also thanks to John for feeding the Army Ants - us)

As always, thanks to the Roesner family for providing the much needed tools and resources that made much of the work possible in the first place.

Caleb went above and beyond by running home for a tiller to bury logs that will redirect water from the 10 bridge (hopefully this waterbar method will prove effective, and we can use it on the other bridges and stairs)

Mike the Ax, in his usual fashion, arrived at 7am and walked the course picking up trash (he said there was less than expected which means our conversations with the recreational players is being received in a positive way - awareness is contagious).

Gean tackled several holes with his weed whip (the least of which is the humble hole 7 that needed a haircut)

And let's not forget Mo who kept everyone in good spirits!

Thanks again!
Sprague

Return to Quad Cities (Milan, IL) - Camden Park