Course

Course

Postby peyton » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:46 am

Legion now has 17 of the holes are in place and playable. I will have to work with the parks dept to get hole 1 set up. Hopefully after the Legion tournament we will add another 3 holes back by the swamp.
peyton

Postby bkoliver » Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:42 am

Do you happen to have an updated map? Looking out on dgcoursereview.com the map that is up there is at least a couple years old with the old 5 and 6. And since some people have complained about not being able to find holes (especially with fox and bumper gone) a new map wouldn't hurt. If you don't, I can make something quick and dirty as well.
bkoliver

Postby Conrad 37988 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:11 am

bkoliver wrote:Do you happen to have an updated map? Looking out on dgcoursereview.com the map that is up there is at least a couple years old with the old 5 and 6. And since some people have complained about not being able to find holes (especially with fox and bumper gone) a new map wouldn't hurt. If you don't, I can make something quick and dirty as well.

If you have the motivation to make a map yourself. I say go for it. A lot of people would appreciate haveing a map posted on the various dgsites iadg, course review, dgscene, etc.
Conrad 37988

Postby bkoliver » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:56 am

I'm not happy with 3, 4, and 5 (not sure how I have them wrong though). I'm not sure on some of the second basket locations and I have no idea how that new path continues on once it goes past the hole on 14.....any other obvious mistakes?

bkoliver

Postby IHearChains » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:16 am

bkoliver wrote:I'm not happy with 3, 4, and 5 (not sure how I have them wrong though). I'm not sure on some of the second basket locations and I have no idea how that new path continues on once it goes past the hole on 14.....any other obvious mistakes?

nice map! just a couple suggestions.

Unless these holes were recently changed...

I don't think the walk from 4 basket to 5 tee is as long as what you show, and 5 fairway is more straight north/south along the property line?

Also I think the 2nd to last hole, the tee and basket should be shown farther to the north, closer to the last tee.

thanks for putting the map together.
IHearChains

Postby anubis080 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:38 am

IHearChains wrote:
bkoliver wrote:I'm not happy with 3, 4, and 5 (not sure how I have them wrong though). I'm not sure on some of the second basket locations and I have no idea how that new path continues on once it goes past the hole on 14.....any other obvious mistakes?

I don't think the walk from 4 basket to 5 tee is as long as what you show, and 5 fairway is more straight north/south along the property line?

Also I think the 2nd to last hole, the tee and basket should be shown farther to the north, closer to the last tee.

I do think the walk is pretty on for hole #4. You can definitely see 3's pad from it. Also, I do agree with bk on 2nd to last (19 normally) you can actually see the pad at 7 O'clock to the big tree. Should be moved up quite a bit and normally plays under trees north to trail/close to creek.
"he always flips his nuke ss's over forehand"-Rich
"those are regular z nukes, Rich..."-Andy
anubis080

Postby bkoliver » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:40 am

IHearChains wrote:

I'm still not sure how I need to fix this, cause I know you have to walk right from the hole on five to get to the tee on six, so I still need to fix that area.

This got moved this weekend. Tee for 19 got move to where the hole for 18 was, and the hole for 19 got moved back so that the walking path isn't nearly as much in play.
bkoliver

Postby anubis080 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:50 am

Wowsas...I had no idea. I guess I will this weekend though :P
"he always flips his nuke ss's over forehand"-Rich
"those are regular z nukes, Rich..."-Andy
anubis080

Postby AO » Thu May 06, 2010 10:41 pm

Course is looking really good. Old 5 and 6 are going to play well. I have to cut a limb on #9 before the tourney. Looks like someone hung on it and it's now leaning over the fairway just before the basket.
AO

Postby Abe Froman » Fri May 07, 2010 9:58 am

AO wrote:Course is looking really good. Old 5 and 6 are going to play well. I have to cut a limb on #9 before the tourney. Looks like someone hung on it and it's now leaning over the fairway just before the basket.

ya mean 11?
Abe Froman

Postby Nohr » Fri May 07, 2010 11:00 am

We were arguing about the limb on #11 yesterday also.
Nohr

Postby Abe Froman » Fri May 07, 2010 11:48 am

leave it i say. it doesn't affect yor drive, nobody is gonna take the left gap unless their drive falls off, then they have to deal with it. doesn't bother me. you don't even notice it from the teepad
Abe Froman

Postby AO » Fri May 07, 2010 1:54 pm

It's not the left gap. Someone hung on a branch from the tree in the middle of the fairway at the top. Needs to go.........Ninja branches are stupid and ruin good shots.
AO

Postby peyton » Fri May 07, 2010 8:20 pm

I saw it today and it will be gone tomorrow. Some idiot will break it and it will just hang there. There is also a limb off of the tree on 19's tree too. Today I had a flat tire, broke my chain saw and screwed my left arm up. Another banner day working on the back course.
peyton

Postby Clue » Sat May 08, 2010 9:31 pm

peyton wrote:screwed my left arm up.

Hope this is the right Peyton.
Clue

Next

Return to Cedar Rapids (Marion) - Legion Park