Weed Wacker Party on Monday, May 3rd

Weed Wacker Party on Monday, May 3rd

Postby Captain » Sun May 02, 2010 9:47 am

We'll be have a workday/weed wacker party at Peninsula on Monday night at 5:30. Bring your week wacker and work gloves. If you can't make it by 5:30, come on out when you can.

Everyone can also start praying the water goes down. Official decision on location of the event will be made on Thursday (Turkey Creek is other location).

Got my fingers crossed. :?
Captain

Postby OU812_LukeS » Sun May 02, 2010 3:26 pm

"I don't want to belong to any club that would have me as a member."
OU812_LukeS

Postby Grimm » Sun May 02, 2010 5:48 pm

The resoviour is super low right now so they don't have to be letting all the water out. Hopefully they were/are just dropping it in anticipation of heavy rain later on. By the look of the rez The Penn should not be flooded.
Grimm

Postby Captain » Mon May 03, 2010 10:09 am

Just got off the phone with the park ranger. Looks like dam out flow should be dropping all week. Right now, looks like Pen will be playable.

Having my brother come out today with a riding lawn mower to start hitting the woods. Should make tonight more of a touch up and detail work. Will need some trash bags to round up trash.
Captain

Postby IHearChains » Mon May 03, 2010 1:22 pm

Captain wrote:Having my brother come out today with a riding lawn mower to start hitting the woods. Should make tonight more of a touch up and detail work.

That is awesome, let's hope the city doesn't see this and scratch mowing off their to-do list...

Sorry I can't make it out tonight, but I assume there will be weed-wacking still left to do. If you post or email what are the highest priorities, I'll try to get out there sometime later this week.
IHearChains

Return to Iowa City - Peninsula Park