Walnut closed for the winter

Walnut closed for the winter

Postby SARG27044 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:38 am

Walnut Ridge is now closed for the winter. Please do not park in front of the house's that border the course. They have been complaining of people walking through their yards to get to the course and we DO NOT want to upset them. You can park in front of the gate and walk down the road, but there is only room for about 2 cars so try to carpool if possible. We want to keep on the good side of the neighbors and the A.C.E. So this course can remain in the ground. Big Creek is just right down the road and is a great winter course if you must play and dont want to walk.

Thank you
SARG27044

Postby puppetmaster » Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:42 pm

my question is that there are no parking signs on the gate so will they tow us if we do park there? It doesnt bother me to park infront of the gate but I have always parked in the street (where the houses are) and walked in the tall weeds so not to disturb the people living there.
'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'
puppetmaster

Postby Cydisc » Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:46 pm

puppetmaster wrote:It doesnt bother me to park infront of the gate but I have always parked in the street (where the houses are) and walked in the tall weeds so not to disturb the people living there.

I don't know. The sight of you walking through the tall weeds would certainly disturb me.
Cydisc

Postby SARG27044 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:01 pm

puppetmaster wrote:my question is that there are no parking signs on the gate so will they tow us if we do park there? It doesnt bother me to park infront of the gate but I have always parked in the street (where the houses are) and walked in the tall weeds so not to disturb the people living there.
Yes there are signs there, and to be honest Im not sure if they would tow you or not. I was given permission to park there but they know me and my car. They do have empty lots but some of the people around there own multiple lots and are not so friendly when it comes to people walking through their yards (even though they are just weeds :roll: ) I now it sucks to not be able to play the course, but try not to play it if possible. I was given permission to park in front of one of the homeowners houses and walk through his yard but that was a few years ago and I dont know if the same guy still owns the house and land, so i try to stay away. Ill try to contact the Army Corps to see if they have a place that we can park and walk that will be ok with the neighbors
SARG27044

Postby irban » Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:04 pm

Opportunity to make some scratch ferrying if you have one of these...

Or one of these in the winter!...

~~~- ¥
irban

Location: A State of Minds. (the idiot who thought this was clever is back, did you notice?)

Postby The Donator » Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:28 am

When does it open back up?
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
The Donator

Postby Buzzznation » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:51 am

The Donator wrote:When does it open back up?

That's what she said.
NO!......Welp!?
Buzzznation

Postby Beerman » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:54 am

I heard a rumor that it was going to open on April 15th.
Beerman

Postby irban » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:03 am

Did someone say Sugar is already open? It would suck if their Corps. park opened and ours didn't. Course they don't have the live ins do they? Probably waiting for those people to come north.
~~~- ¥
irban

Location: A State of Minds. (the idiot who thought this was clever is back, did you notice?)

Postby SARG27044 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:13 am

I would imagine soon. I was there playing and doing a walkthrough on Saturday morning and the janitor dude already has his camper setup. The course is looking pretty good, a little water in places like 9, 16--(the usual) but not bad at all. Looks like the mulch we did last year held up pretty good
SARG27044

Postby Buzzznation » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:41 am

SARG27044 wrote:I would imagine soon. I was there playing and doing a walkthrough on Saturday morning and the janitor dude already has his camper setup. The course is looking pretty good, a little water in places like 9, 16--(the usual) but not bad at all. Looks like the mulch we did last year held up pretty good

Dido on the mulch. Speaking of which, played Pickard on Saturday. The truckloads of mulch on #9 is still well in tact. Easy treaking up that hill. We should nickname that Sarg Hill after the the labor you put into that. Didn't you just have a rake?

Being it was Masters week (I know wrong thread) Fuasch, Clue, and I wanted to name the landmarks at Pickard(bridges etc...) like at Augusta. We came up with The Gunnink Tree at hole #10 where he started his blowup last year. :lol:
NO!......Welp!?
Buzzznation

Postby SARG27044 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:55 am

Buzzznation wrote:
SARG27044 wrote:I would imagine soon. I was there playing and doing a walkthrough on Saturday morning and the janitor dude already has his camper setup. The course is looking pretty good, a little water in places like 9, 16--(the usual) but not bad at all. Looks like the mulch we did last year held up pretty good

Dido on the mulch. Speaking of which, played Pickard on Saturday. The truckloads of mulch on #9 is still well in tact. Easy treaking up that hill. We should nickname that Sarg Hill after the the labor you put into that. Didn't you just have a rake?

Being it was Masters week (I know wrong thread) Fuasch, Clue, and I wanted to name the landmarks at Pickard(bridges etc...) like at Augusta. We came up with The Gunnink Tree at hole #10 where he started his blowup last year. :lol:
It was dan, The Beery's, Joe cool,and myself who got that done right before we had Bw's out there last year...Pain in the ass. Glad they showed up with a BA gator to help us move it over to 16, after we had put 2 hours into moving it by wheel barrow..That sucked
SARG27044

Postby shane » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:53 pm

should of saw how much fun it was to get the concrete buggy up and down that hill 10 times.
Are you ready for the Challenge?
shane

Postby rightcunnin » Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:04 pm

Walnut is officially open!!!
I'm sorry that the middle of my sentence interrupted the beginning of yours.
rightcunnin

Location: further out of my f-in mind than previously thought.

Postby ghstinshll » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:31 am

I was out there yesterday, looked good & was rolling just fine!
##39027
ghstinshll

Return to Des Moines (Johnston) - Walnut Ridge Recreation Area