Chuckers

Chuckers

Postby hyzerman16234 » Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:38 am

Starting to see signs of the wrong type of crowd showing up here. :twisted: They better hope none of us see's them pulling any crap. I almost wish for $4 gas again just so they can't afford to drive.
hyzerman16234

Postby Sniper26 » Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:22 pm

There is some commercial graffiti remover that we have used with great success in the QC. The best thing that you can do to prevent it is educate the chuckers. Let them know that it isn't the parks guys doing all the course improvements and out of the ordinary maintenance to the course, and invite them to help out and bring their tools on the next work day. Sometimes they will actually show up and help but most of them get the point and start taking a little ownership of the course and it's well being.
Sniper26

Postby hyzerman16234 » Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:59 pm

Sniper26 wrote:There is some commercial graffiti remover that we have used with great success in the QC. The best thing that you can do to prevent it is educate the chuckers. Let them know that it isn't the parks guys doing all the course improvements and out of the ordinary maintenance to the course, and invite them to help out and bring their tools on the next work day. Sometimes they will actually show up and help but most of them get the point and start taking a little ownership of the course and it's well being.

We're out there a lot and we do educate when we can. So far there's no damage, but stupid behavior imo leads in that direction. I'm most worried about basket damage. If that starts happening then I'll be on the warpath. When you build them yourself it becomes more personal.
hyzerman16234

Postby Sniper26 » Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:32 pm

Amen brother.
Sniper26

Postby Budhyzer 17696 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:25 am

I'm starting to write down license plate numbers whenever I'm there just in case something major happens. At least the cops will have a pool of suspects to interview that way. Since the course is so far away from CR, most of the chuckers can't afford to drive there but a few have started to show up. You can't stop stupid people from being stupid, it's the only way they can learn right from wrong.
Wildcat Bluff Crew Member
Budhyzer 17696

Postby hyzerman16234 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:27 am

We pulled the pipes for the extra pins yesterday. Someone decided to use one on 15 to whack the basket. I am officially on the warpath. Whoever did this better hope I don't catch them in the act. It won't be a good day for them. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: I'm pretty sure they are making regular visits so we'll be looking for them. Any one who plays there please help us by watching for any suspicious activity. Plate #s would be helpful too. Thanks.
hyzerman16234

Postby Budhyzer 17696 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:36 am

Looks like it's time to chucker proof them.
It will take some work but how about cutting them down to 6"-8" tall, welding tabs on them and securing them with the heavy plastic zip ties?
I can get tons of those from work to give to all of us who have keys.
Most of us have snips in our bags to cut them loose when we move baskets.

We need to keep the pin placements clean while not in use so I don't see leaving them open as an option.
Budhyzer 17696

Postby hyzerman16234 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:17 pm

Budhyzer 17696 wrote:Looks like it's time to chucker proof them.
It will take some work but how about cutting them down to 6"-8" tall, welding tabs on them and securing them with the heavy plastic zip ties?
I can get tons of those from work to give to all of us who have keys.
Most of us have snips in our bags to cut them loose when we move baskets.

We need to keep the pin placements clean while not in use so I don't see leaving them open as an option.

Ive already cut the pipes down to 6" or so. If we have any issues with that then I'll pull them all. 1 and 9 had tabs so I put locks on them. We have an idea who it might be. No proof yet, but stupid people have a way of talking, so we'll see.
hyzerman16234

Postby robizm » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:02 pm

that totally sucks, would be nice to have a trained bear/wolf roaming around to look for idiots to eat ahahah!
Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance
pdga#: 17020 IQ: 47 quote: "Weather forecast for tonight : dark"
robizm

Postby Budhyzer 17696 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:05 am

Yeah, I think it's time to fire the gnomes we have out there now and get replacements. :lol:
They must be sleeping on the job. :roll:
Budhyzer 17696

Return to Urbana - Wildcat Bluff