Course Improvement Ideas

Moderator: peyton

Postby Crager » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:19 pm

Parks & Recreation Commission

The Cedar Rapids Parks & Recreation Commission acts as an advisory commission to the City and makes studies and recommendations for the enhancement and promotion of parks and recreation activities, facilities, and programs within the City of Cedar Rapids.

The current members of this commission are:

Gretchen Aschoff, Golf
Timothy Crile, Recreation
Ron Gonder, At Large
Barbara Hannon, Aquatics
Ann Harris, Ushers Ferry
Mary Lee Malmberg, Ex Officio Member
Timothy Polk, At Large
Erin Seely, At Large
Julie Sina, Director of Parks & Recreation, Ex Officio Member
Jackie Thompson-Oster, Parks
Jim Voss, At Large
Kris Gulick, Council Representative
Crager

Postby robizm » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:57 pm

I talked to Dale briefly and he pretty much said if you want to change something with the course that isn't a huge project to go ahead and do it on some lazy saturday and sunday without asking haha. He said exactly what Doug said in that the city will say they don't have the funds and you will have to provide all the funding for these changes.

Having said that, I don't think moving concrete and pouring new molds fits his idea of small changes. I think another thing to consider if you decide to form a group/club (especially as far as Jones Park is concerned) is spending time educating casual players.

I know at times when I was heavy into playing the casual players frustrated the hell out of me, leaving trash everywhere and disrepecting the courses. I think it's too easy for alot of those city officials to just lump 'all' disc goflers into one group when we all know those on this forum and the 'casual' player are very different.
Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance
pdga#: 17020 IQ: 47 quote: "Weather forecast for tonight : dark"
robizm

Postby AO » Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:23 pm

Ask local players to leave signs along, not litter, and try not to pulling signs and baskets out of the ground. Seems to be a popular idea. Maybe even call the police. Seems like an overwhelming amount of shit heads out and about this year.
AO

Postby brox » Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:21 pm

I have actually stopped playing Jones because of the casual players. Its not worth the headache anymore. They wont let you play through and Ive had multiple experiences with people just picking up your disc and walking off with it.

Therefore I stick to Shaver, Thomas, Wildcat (when I can) primarily.

That being said, I am more then happy to pitch in and help if given notice.
brox

Previous

Return to Cedar Rapids Club