Course improvement ideas

Course improvement ideas

Postby dirtyj » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:09 am

Lets get some ideas going here and we can put it all together and hapefully have a plan in hand before the snow goes away. That way we are ready!!!!!!!!

here is just a couple ideas
1. basic limb branch clean up
2. more trash cans?
3. maybe steps up 18?
4. repaint bridge help it last longer.
dirtyj

Postby Conrad 37988 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:55 pm

Signs, but there are way too many vandals out there. I think painting the distance on the back end of the teepad would be ideal.
Conrad 37988

Postby dirtyj » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:59 pm

I can make nice signs out of scrap pieces of wood and well kill the vandals I guess. So cost is not a big issue to me anyway and yes distance on back of pads is a great idea man.
dirtyj

Postby Conrad 37988 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:03 pm

A long teepad on 4.
Conrad 37988

Postby dirtyj » Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:26 pm

A long teepad on 4.

another good one!!!!!!!!! keep them coming !!!! Steve u out there.
dirtyj

Postby Cydisc » Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:13 pm

"Next Tee" signs U-bolted to the basket poles in certain places. This was a project I was planning to do over the winter. I just need to get a lettering stensil for my router.

Replace the locks and sleeves that are bent so baskets can be moved.
Cydisc

Postby dirtyj » Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:12 pm

Anybody have kentons number? I did but have since broken two phones and have lost it.
dirtyj

Postby dirtyj » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:42 pm

Ok guys Steve kenton and I met with the guys that are in charge of CM and they gave us permission to do alot of the work we had discussed earlier. They were very cooperative to say the least, actually I got the feeling that they were happy to have some help. We now need to coordinate some dates. I think one early spring time would be great to get started. Remember anything we do needs to be run through the course people before we do it.
dirtyj

Postby bmwdisc4 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:05 am

These are all suggestions/ideas

#1 move the left pin placement closer to the creek.

#2 move the short pin placement that never gets used to across creek to the right a little short of the long pin placement. U might have to cut some trees down.

#4 a second tee pad 30-40 ft to the right of the original one.

#5 move the short pin placement that never gets used. Ideas?

#7 move the short pin placement that never gets used. Ideas?

#11 move the short pin placement that never gets used into the woods to the right.

#14 move the short pin placement back another 50-75 ft behind the long pin placement. U would have to cut down some of the woods there, but it would be worth it. The other idea is to have it across the creek to the right. I don't know who owns that land and a bridge would have to be built.

#15 If you can't move #14 short pin placement back another 50-75 ft from the long pin placement. You move the pads for #15 back into the woods somewhere near #14 long pin placement. Then cut down some of the woods making a tunnel shot up hill to #15 long pin placement now. If your capable of doing this then U can move #14 short pin placement longer and off to the left.

#17 move the short pin placement back another 50 ft back. Cut down some of the branches and make a clear tunnel. Don't make it so clear that's it's an easy throw. The other idea would be to have the moved all the tee pads to the right of the short pad now. Make a tunnel shot thru the woods and have it come out where the long pin placement is now. This also makes it open to have a longer pin placement to the right for #16 if #17 pads weren't there anymore.

#18 move the short pin placement that never gets used to the right in the taller grass or move it to the right pin high with the long placement.

Again, all of these are suggestions/ideas.

I definitely would be willing to come back and help once some decisions are made.
bmwdisc4

Postby dirtyj » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:38 am

Yes these are all good ideas some would take some work. I did not disagree with anything, actually some of it is on our plans for this year! We would love any help we could get. So thank you for the ideas and maybe contact us and we could play a round and talk about your ideas on the course. Again thank you !
dirtyj

Postby Unity » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:58 am

MM's number's 2 and 4 (kind of done already...) would be great. If we could actually have a second basket on a couple of the holes that would make the course a lot more interesting, especially considering that I have never seen them moved with the exception of 15. The only holes that I think this would really be wisely spent money would be 14 (put one in the existing long placement, and the other farther back and left of the existing one, making the tree on the left from the short tee be blocking a direct view) and 2 if that suggestion was done. Beyond that there isn't a whole lot of room to have 2 pins on most of the holes.
Unity

Postby Unity » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:59 pm

I had also talked to Garrett a while ago and he had mentioned possibly getting a big pine tree to put in the triangle between 11 and 13. This or something similar would be great. It is far to forgiving to let a throw go to the left on 11. I thought that three smaller pines would be better than one large one though.
Unity

Return to Ames - Gateway Hills Park (Carroll Marty DGC)