Injured Finger

Learn to throw from local experts.

Injured Finger

Postby bkoliver » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:03 pm

Has anyone ever injured their middle finger while throwing?

I was playing a snow bowl about a month ago and experimenting with some new grips and I did something to my middle finger on my throwing hand. The first couple days after I couldn't flex it all the way or straighten it fully without a lot of pain. The inside of my finger below the knuckles were very swollen, but then over the next couple weeks, the swelling went down but it would still hurt when I tried to grab something a certain way. and the paint started to hurt more in the palm of my hand directly below my finger.

I took a couple weeks off throwing anything cause when I gripped a disc i could still feel it, but just wondering if anyone else had seen or had this problem before and if there was something I did wrong to cause it or any pointers would be helpful.

Thanks.
bkoliver

Postby geoffreylaw » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:59 pm

I ended up with an infected finger one time from a hooker when I did a tour in 'Nam back in '68. I took penicillin to remedy the issue.

"A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything."
~Friedrich Nietzsche
geoffreylaw

Postby arowan21 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:12 am

My girlfriend says it sounds like an inflamed tendon. Think tennis elbow in your finger. ice it and rest.
arowan21

Postby Like_Water » Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:01 am

After I play a lot of disc, my middle finger is a little tender. It sounds like what arowan was describing.
If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
Like_Water

Postby anubis080 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:28 pm

does the pain shoot along the back of your hand at all? If so, definitely sounds like an inflamed tendon. Maybe a pinched nerve ending too.
"he always flips his nuke ss's over forehand"-Rich
"those are regular z nukes, Rich..."-Andy
anubis080

Return to Throwing Technique