Great little course

Great little course

Postby Murph » Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:57 am

This is a fun course to play on. Its more for beginners but with some challenging shots.
Murph

Postby papparoc » Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:46 pm

Did you go across the river and check out the Hamilton IL courses?
papparoc

Postby DaveS1823 » Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:07 pm

I live in Keokuk and I must say that the course there needs a little work (vandals have damaged the signs, holes ect.). It has a lot of people using it on a daily basis, but if you're not familiar with the area, you'll get lost on the course rather quickly.

The course at Wildcat Springs in Hamilton, Illinois is a good one (there is a tournament there every September) and the one at the city park is OK. The people who manage the courses there keep them in good condition.

It's my hope that the people who manage the course in Keokuk takes a page from Hamilton's playbook and works on maintaining their course and maybe putting up some signs and having the police do something about the vandals.
DaveS1823

Postby papparoc » Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:30 am

I love the Keokuk course. There is some problems with the baskets, t's and signs but it is alot of fun to play.
papparoc

Postby irban » Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:52 pm

papparoc wrote:I love the Keokuk course. There is some problems with the baskets, t's and signs but it is alot of fun to play.

Agreed.
~~~- ¥
irban

Location: A State of Minds. (the idiot who thought this was clever is back, did you notice?)

Postby Murph » Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:34 pm

I'll be playing a round of disc golf on Saturday at Rand Park if anyone is interested.
Murph

Postby DaveS1823 » Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:21 pm

Sometime this week I'm going to "appropriate" some bolts from work and, hopefully, sometime this weekend replace those that the vandals have taken unless the park board does it for the tournamnet on the 4th.

I played over at Wildcat Springs in Hamilton (across the river) and now I have a new found love for Rand Park. No lost dics. :?
DaveS1823

course

Postby Furniss » Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:10 pm

We went to keokuk for the first time today to play and stopped after hole 6 cause we couldnt find the hole for tee number 7. and the lady that worked there was a bitch and we had to move our truck.

We went over to hamilton illinios and played the 9 hole course there, then wildcat springs.. much better:)

keokuk needs some work to be done to it. and it smelt bad

just my 2 cents
Furniss

Postby DaveS1823 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:17 pm

The hole for number 7 is back towards the teepad for #6 but in the "corner" under a pine tree.

With so many people playing the course lately, I'm hoping they put up some new signs and generally refurbish the course.
DaveS1823

yeah

Postby Furniss » Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:17 pm

yeah it needs new signs and some better places to park.. We liked the hamilton courses much better.
Furniss

Re: course

Postby irban » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:37 am

pdgamember wrote:We went to keokuk for the first time today to play and stopped after hole 6 cause we couldnt find the hole for tee number 7. and the lady that worked there was a bitch and we had to move our truck.

We went over to hamilton illinios and played the 9 hole course there, then wildcat springs.. much better:)

keokuk needs some work to be done to it. and it smelt bad

just my 2 cents

Worked where? I have played this course about 400 times and never had to move my car.

It does need new tee signs, and the tee pads are way too short.

I think they must have one of those sewage systems that overflows into the storm sewers, like they are replacing here in DM. On high runoff times, that creek smells. Or you may have been smelling the Hubbinger/ Heinz/ Roquette (I can't remember the name) plant. When the wind is right, it smells kind of like East Des Moines can smell.

Can't really make a good judgement if you only played 6 holes. I've said it before and will say it again, this course kicks ass in my opinion. It has held up well for having been installed in 1979.
~~~- ¥
irban

Location: A State of Minds. (the idiot who thought this was clever is back, did you notice?)

try

Postby Furniss » Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:59 pm

we might try it again sometime when we go down to hamilton to play..if we could just figure the layout out lol :)
Furniss

Return to Keokuk - Rand Park