2012 TEAM

Chase and the Iron Lion have your disc golf needs covered.

Moderator: Chase20460

Postby Chase20460 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:35 am

Great Job this weekend Jeremy! Top 25 in Vegas, well done!
http://www.ironliondgs.com
"I dont come to bow, I come to blow"- Bob Marley

"Im in the Gooooooo!" - Francine Smith
User avatar
Chase20460
 
Posts: 5203
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:51 pm
Location: 2630 16th St. Moline IL

Postby Buzzz Killington » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:59 am

Once, Nicely and I had an argument and things could have gone done better.
Last edited by Buzzz Killington on Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Buzzz Killington
 
Posts: 367
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:31 pm
Location: 30' out.

Postby discdude08 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:16 am

I in the past have seen many of the team members on their darkest days having moments that would be considered unsavory for the likes of the team. I myself have had moments. I can say with 95% certainty that those players, nicely included have all come along way in skill, etiquette and attitude both on and off the course! I am proud to play with the team and support the team as well as every other golfer on the course. I know that friends or not every member would and should be the first to call each other out, just for the fact that we can only learn and improve from our mistakes.

Nicely was probably in the wrong that day but has still improved and I would doubt if you'll see those mistakes from him in the future. I am currently excited to make the trip to BG with him at the end of this month!

This isn't meant to be a bash or attack in anyway only inform those skeptical that we strive for improvement and success. We put it all out there to help and improve this sport not just for ourselves but for everyone who picks up a disc.
Team Iron Lion 36134
discdude08
 
Posts: 127
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:14 pm

Postby tufluk » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:32 am

Buzzz Killington wrote:Ok, here comes some hating. Sorry, but I gotta share this...
I've played with Mr. Nicely twice in tournaments, the last being the last card of advanced at Camden II. And otherwise, I haven't much negative to say about the guy. We had a disagreement about what an inbounds disc looks like. Can't tell you the hole #, but its a straight, narrow corridor shot, 250ish, downhill with O.B. on the left (and right?), stringed off for the tournament. His shot landed 20ft. short left of the pin. When looking straight down over the disc, none could be seen inside of the string. None. Ryan disagreed. The 3rd on our card (turbo putter extrordinaire)said, "I'll give it to him, that's inbounds," without walking within 50ft. I disagreed, and explained what out-of-bounds meant. Ryan told me we could wait for the next group to judge, that they're all his friends and would call him inbounds regardless. I said, "Whatever, glad you have friends that would do that for you." The argument continues for a few minutes. He picks up his disc without concesus, takes relief, marks the shot and records a 2. I said I don't care, I'll go with group majority, because who cares? We're the last card in the division...and now that you've picked up your disc, its your word vs. mine. But I'm still telling Ryan that we both know the truth. This is when he says, and I quote, "If you don't drop it, fists are gonna start flying." I laughed, then told him, look, I'm not mad, I just strongly disagree, and after a few minutes he got his calm back.
And still... I'm not mad, but what an etiquette!
Pick up your disc before a ruling can be made? And threaten violence when someone calls you out?
I hope his accolades outweighed his shortcomings making the cut this year, because again, I disagree. So beat me up.


Obviously hole 15, Cam II. The O.B. on the left is due to that being the park boundry. The property line then as still today is a multi stranded barbed wire fence. There was some yellow nylon string stretched along the hedge fence to define the O.B. line.
That is really an argument waiting to happen. On a really close call, depending on your angle of view, 2 reasonable people could disagree on an O.B. call. :?:
I'm not addressing the situation involving the 2 players. Just the structure of the course.
On hole 5, Cam II the same property line is O.B. It had the same fence/string O.B. line. The course workers have removed the barbed wire/string line and replaced it with logs for a very clear O.B. line. :idea:
Before the next tourney there, we hope to have the same log structure on hole 14/15.
Let's not cast aspersions at anyone, because everyone has a bad day or whatever. Seldom does a "situation" arise where, in hindsight, both parties could have acted a little better. :oops:
Let's just say the line was vague, the course workers are aware of it, and we are addressing the situation.
User avatar
tufluk
 
Posts: 994
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:08 am
Location: Moline,IL

Postby GDL17921 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:48 am

Buzzz Killington wrote:Ok, here comes some hating. Sorry, but I gotta share this...
I've played with Mr. Nicely twice in tournaments, the last being the last card of advanced at Camden II. And otherwise, I haven't much negative to say about the guy. We had a disagreement about what an inbounds disc looks like. Can't tell you the hole #, but its a straight, narrow corridor shot, 250ish, downhill with O.B. on the left (and right?), stringed off for the tournament. His shot landed 20ft. short left of the pin. When looking straight down over the disc, none could be seen inside of the string. None. Ryan disagreed. The 3rd on our card (turbo putter extrordinaire)said, "I'll give it to him, that's inbounds," without walking within 50ft. I disagreed, and explained what out-of-bounds meant. Ryan told me we could wait for the next group to judge, that they're all his friends and would call him inbounds regardless. I said, "Whatever, glad you have friends that would do that for you." The argument continues for a few minutes. He picks up his disc without concesus, takes relief, marks the shot and records a 2. I said I don't care, I'll go with group majority, because who cares? We're the last card in the division...and now that you've picked up your disc, its your word vs. mine. But I'm still telling Ryan that we both know the truth. This is when he says, and I quote, "If you don't drop it, fists are gonna start flying." I laughed, then told him, look, I'm not mad, I just strongly disagree, and after a few minutes he got his calm back.
And still... I'm not mad, but what an etiquette!
Pick up your disc before a ruling can be made? And threaten violence when someone calls you out?
I hope his accolades outweighed his shortcomings making the cut this year, because again, I disagree. So beat me up.


simple solution is know the rules.

803.09
D. If the in-bounds status of a disc is uncertain, either a majority of the group or an
official shall make the determination. If the thrower moves the disc before a determination has
been made, the disc shall be considered out-of-bounds
, and he or she shall proceed in
accordance with 803.09 B counting all throws made prior to the determination of the in-bounds status of the original lie. If a player other than the thrower moves the disc before a
determination has been made, the disc shall be considered in-bounds, and play for the thrower
and the mover of the disc shall proceed under the rules of interference, 803.07 B and C.
User avatar
GDL17921
 
Posts: 8547
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:57 am
Location: on a rock

Postby Chase20460 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:18 pm

Buzzz Killington wrote:Ok, here comes some hating. Sorry, but I gotta share this...
I've played with Mr. Nicely twice in tournaments, the last being the last card of advanced at Camden II. And otherwise, I haven't much negative to say about the guy. We had a disagreement about what an inbounds disc looks like. Can't tell you the hole #, but its a straight, narrow corridor shot, 250ish, downhill with O.B. on the left (and right?), stringed off for the tournament. His shot landed 20ft. short left of the pin. When looking straight down over the disc, none could be seen inside of the string. None. Ryan disagreed. The 3rd on our card (turbo putter extrordinaire)said, "I'll give it to him, that's inbounds," without walking within 50ft. I disagreed, and explained what out-of-bounds meant. Ryan told me we could wait for the next group to judge, that they're all his friends and would call him inbounds regardless. I said, "Whatever, glad you have friends that would do that for you." The argument continues for a few minutes. He picks up his disc without concesus, takes relief, marks the shot and records a 2. I said I don't care, I'll go with group majority, because who cares? We're the last card in the division...and now that you've picked up your disc, its your word vs. mine. But I'm still telling Ryan that we both know the truth. This is when he says, and I quote, "If you don't drop it, fists are gonna start flying." I laughed, then told him, look, I'm not mad, I just strongly disagree, and after a few minutes he got his calm back.
And still... I'm not mad, but what an etiquette!
Pick up your disc before a ruling can be made? And threaten violence when someone calls you out?
I hope his accolades outweighed his shortcomings making the cut this year, because again, I disagree. So beat me up.


Was this something you brought up to the TD>? Was I the TD? Which event was it specifically? If I was or not, this isnt something that should have been cast away if it still bothers you this much. Uh, Yeah, You do seem mad about it.

Hole 15 is the one I was thinking about as well, as Ive seen it many times. You give the player the benefit of the doubt, but baiscally, your saying he cheated. More than once and then threatened you. It doesnt matter who the person is or who thier friends are or who they are sponsored by, violence over disc golf is not an option.

Ive always figured Nicely for a Bully, thanks for pointing it out to everyone else. Ill be watching him like a Ham Hawk.
http://www.ironliondgs.com
"I dont come to bow, I come to blow"- Bob Marley

"Im in the Gooooooo!" - Francine Smith
User avatar
Chase20460
 
Posts: 5203
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:51 pm
Location: 2630 16th St. Moline IL

Postby GDL17921 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:23 pm

Chase20460 wrote:Ive always figured Nicely for a Bully


where's that picture of Doogie's nuts in his mouth? :lol:
User avatar
GDL17921
 
Posts: 8547
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:57 am
Location: on a rock

Postby Chase20460 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:38 pm

LOL, I know Right!
http://www.ironliondgs.com
"I dont come to bow, I come to blow"- Bob Marley

"Im in the Gooooooo!" - Francine Smith
User avatar
Chase20460
 
Posts: 5203
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:51 pm
Location: 2630 16th St. Moline IL

Postby Nohr » Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:13 pm

Knowing both of you I side with nicely 100%.

Killian you need to learn to shut your mouth. And during a competitive golf round it should be shut more often than open.
Nohr
 
Posts: 970
Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:12 pm
Location: Cedar Rapids

Postby Sniper26 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:34 pm

BURNNNNNN
User avatar
Sniper26
 
Posts: 1258
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2006 4:16 pm
Location: Moline, IL

Postby stover720 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:49 pm

I don't know who either people are, but here is my opinion. If I understand the rule correctly the status of the disc is determined by the majority of the group or the TD. In this case you said out, he said in, and the 3rd on the card said in(even if he just didn't care or look). Still that is 2 votes for in and only 1 for out. Thats majority, its in.

All the other stuff is between you two and is a different issue. Without being there I couldn't side with anyone. If something occurs on the course you think is out of line I would talk to the person after the round or go to the TD about it.
stover720
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu May 19, 2011 9:39 pm
Location: Dubuque, IA

Postby .synergy- » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:05 pm

I did not just mark my my disc and putt. I also suggested taking a privisional and letting the TD decide the call. Also are third was not 50 feet away he came over and checked it out. Has far has my remark goes I was upset that we couldnt come to an agreement and you kept fueling the fire so finally you said go for it and I putted and moved on. I apologize fot the remark it was unlike me to say such a thing because usually im a pretty nice guy. So sorry for the remark however I dont think you made it any better by fueling the fire.
.synergy-
 
Posts: 89
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:41 pm

Postby Grimm » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:15 pm

Nohr wrote:Knowing both of you I side with nicely 100%.

Killian you need to learn to shut your mouth. And during a competitive golf round it should be shut more often than open.


Nohr, do you know who your talking about? I don't think so. Buzzz Killington is one of the most chill guys I know. Never seen him get upset, always chill always respectful. I've always had a good time playing with Nicely and I respect the work he has done with his game.

Most people get upset and blow their top sometimes...it happens nobody can deny that.

I'd say it looks looks like Iron Lion has a solid group of people on the team and I will always support you guys. Although I may kick Fat Boss in the balls for the kicks of it.
50 lashes for drinking the groups whiskey isn't steep.
Grimm
 
Posts: 1299
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:02 pm
Location: Cedar Rapids

Postby Conrad 37988 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:22 pm

Nohr wrote:Knowing both of you I side with nicely 100%.

Killian you need to learn to shut your mouth. And during a competitive golf round it should be shut more often than open.


I don't think that is Killian. Killian was not at the Rumble.

Ryan is a good guy. I have played a few rounds with the guy and I can't see him getting that upset.
User avatar
Conrad 37988
 
Posts: 668
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:31 pm
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA

Postby tufluk » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:36 pm

Buzzz Killington wrote:Ok, here comes some hating. Sorry, but I gotta share this...


I thought I'd said my piece, but... The Rumble was July 16th & 17th, 2011. That's 7 1/2 months ago. WTF brings this up today??? :?:
What's the statute of limitations on going O.B.?
If you wait 7 1/2 months to air dirty laundry, those socks in your hamper must be getting pretty ripe. :shock:

That reminds me, I fronted a guy a bag and he never paid me. I think it was '78 or '79...... :roll:
User avatar
tufluk
 
Posts: 994
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:08 am
Location: Moline,IL

PreviousNext

Return to Iron Lion Disc Golf Supply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests