Iron Lion Event Schedule 2011

Chase and the Iron Lion have your disc golf needs covered.

Moderator: Chase20460

Iron Lion Event Schedule 2011

Postby Chase20460 » Mon May 02, 2011 11:33 am

May 15th= Running With The Devil- Devils Glen, Bettendorf IA.
June 5th= Iron Lion Safari- Richmond Hill Park, Geneseo, IL
June 18th= King Of Kiwanis- Kiwanis Park, Galesburg, IL
July 16th-17th= QC Championships= QC*
Aug 6th= Franklin Fling- Belle Plain, IA
Aug 7th= Disc Golf Palooza- Belle Plain, IA
Aug 21th= Iron Lion Open- Eastern Ave/Prospect, Davenport,IA/ Moline IL
Sept 3rd= Wildcat Springs Open= Wildcat/Keokuk= Hamilton, IL
Sept 29th= K-9 Klassic- Dankwordt/Crappo Park, Burlington, IA
Oct 2-3rd= Matzen Lake Open- PRIVATE COURSE- Coal Valley, IL
Oct 15th= Wildcat Bluff Singles- Wildcat St Park-Urbana, Ia
Oct. 23rd= Camden Triples- Camden Park- Milan, IL

There have been some changes. Due to conflicts with West Lake, the Rumble will not be the Rumble, and West Lake will NOT be in the rotation. Its a hard place to run an event as you must have a shelter, and the shelters are rented a year ahead of time. Ill take the blame for the error, but in all honesty, there was no date from June to August I could use. Its hard working with them, the PDGA and 2 states in getting something a year ahead of time that isnt going to be a National Event. After the turnout at last years Rumble, I wasnt going to put that kind of money down on a gamble. I apologize.

The Quad City Championships will replace the Rumble for the time being. I am not listing courses yet, but will say that whatever is chosen it will be a hard event to score well at. Its not really the Rumble if it doesnt have West Lake. Im looking at later dates, but again, its difficult to get something done at West Lake due to parking issues. No shelter, no parking.......... Yes, I tried that. I tried everything I could think of.
http://www.ironliondgs.com
"I dont come to bow, I come to blow"- Bob Marley

"Im in the Gooooooo!" - Francine Smith
Chase20460

Postby jnecessary » Mon May 02, 2011 3:59 pm

Sounds like another low key non sanctioned safari tourney at West Lake is in order?
jnecessary

Re: Iron Lion Event Schedule 2011

Postby IHearChains » Tue May 03, 2011 8:21 am

Chase20460 wrote:Due to conflicts with West Lake, the Rumble will not be the Rumble, and West Lake will NOT be in the rotation. Its a hard place to run an event as you must have a shelter, and the shelters are rented a year ahead of time.

wow what a bummer. too bad WL is not more friendly to disc golf events.

This sure makes me even more appreciative of the efforts Iron Lion and QC disc golf has gone to put the Rumble on in the past.

reserve now for next year?
IHearChains

Postby Chase20460 » Tue May 03, 2011 10:28 am

I have other dates, and tried to work something out with them, but still to no avail. Im not crossing West Lake off for the year, but it will be something later.

The only problem with reserving anything now is that I am looking for summer dates, and theres no promises that even if I can get a shelter, I can get that date. Thats what happended a few years ago when they tried running the Rumble early.

I even offered to build a shelter out there, but no go. Asked about reserving 5 or more campsites and combining them into an area, and they said nope. The only way its really possible is if I bus people in and out. Sorry, I dont have a shuttle.

Chase20460

Postby johnemus » Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:26 pm

triples still oct 23?
johnemus

Postby Chase20460 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:15 am

johnemus wrote:triples still oct 23?

No, that was never the solid date for Triples. It will be in November like it was last year. I am working on something for the 23rd, I guess it is possible if it falls through we do the Triples, but I am banking on Novenber.

Chase20460

Postby tufluk » Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:55 pm

Chase20460 wrote:
johnemus wrote:triples still oct 23?

No, that was never the solid date for Triples. It will be in November like it was last year. I am working on something for the 23rd, I guess it is possible if it falls through we do the Triples, but I am banking on Novenber.

Burning bush is great at Cam2 in Nov.
tufluk

Return to Iron Lion Disc Golf Supply