Which Davenport course to play

Chase and the Iron Lion have your disc golf needs covered.

Moderator: Chase20460

Which Davenport course to play

Postby Jim C » Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:39 pm

Hey a friend of mine is going to Chicago and was wanting to stop somewhere along the way and play a round. I suggested Davenport and was wondering which course would be the best choice, he will be by himself so I think westlake would be out. Is there one that's really close to the interstate, and easy to find.

Wanted to ask this in the Dav/quad cites section but for whatever reason its restricted.
Jim C

Postby strokersix » Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:07 pm

Westlake would be a great choice. Why is it out? Great course, easy to find, map available. Just bring a couple extra discs you won't mind leaving. There are significant water hazards. The only real downside to WL is on nice days there are other park users, fisher-folk primarily. Golfers must yield according to park rules. Not generally a big problem but I'll sometimes skip playing a hole if there are people in the way.

Camden (wooded) or Middle (mostly open) are secondary recommendations.
strokersix

Postby ghstinshll » Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:43 pm

Middle would not cost you as much time, if ur needing to get back on the road. I did that on the way to Chicago last summer.
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby Jim C » Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:16 pm

I guess westlake was out because i thought it was tough to find your way around having not played it. Maybe that was before and they have good signage now.

How far off the interstate is westlake.
Jim C

Postby KePP » Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:26 pm

what strokersix said
KePP

Postby anubis080 » Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:16 am

West Lake is a great course. As far as overall fun goes, I would go with Camden. I don't think I've had as much fun playing as I did there my first time.

I saw the strangest looking fruits when I went there too that are all over the place. I call them monkeybrains, but they are osage-oranges. Coolest course I've played in a while, besides Delaveaga.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2182/209 ... 442876.jpg
"he always flips his nuke ss's over forehand"-Rich
"those are regular z nukes, Rich..."-Andy
anubis080

Return to Iron Lion Disc Golf Supply