Collectable Disc Questions/ Ask Chase: On the West Side

Chase and the Iron Lion have your disc golf needs covered.

Moderator: Chase20460

Postby Chase20460 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:00 pm

greco19536 wrote:chase, do you think with innova releasing discs of the hybrid molds like the firebird FL and starfire L (SL) and teebird TL takes away from the collectability of the earlier CE runs? i know CE plastic will remain collectable forever but i just think innova lost a good thing with the hybrid runs by making discs with the hybrid name, what's your oppinion?

A sucker is born every minute.

In that I mean theres always going to be someone that feels that certian CE disc will make them a better player. That, along with collectors, will keep CE plastic going higher and higher in price. There really wasnt alot of it made at all. I dont reccomend selling any CE era plastic unless your badly in need, or unless its used.

I think the number of models is whats more important from a selling point. McCormack told me it had to do with inventory and numbers, which is why he is renaming the Element X and didnt opt for the "beadless wizard". From my stance, its easier to tell people its a less stable version of whatever, than to have to guess which exact mold thier used to throwing. ( Firebird? FL or FX? Teebird? TB or TL? )

I dont think it hurts the collectability of the discs, or those before it.
http://www.ironliondgs.com
"I dont come to bow, I come to blow"- Bob Marley

"Im in the Gooooooo!" - Francine Smith
Chase20460

Postby Chase20460 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:04 pm

greco19536 wrote:i'd like to see one(1) of three(3) pro plastic teerex's made, i've heard about the champions that there were 9 blue and 4 clear ones made. with only 13 made they're sure to be worth bucoo bucks some day, especially with a coa. i think 109 is a steal for the clear one on ebay now

Yeah, I have a Star-Star Stamped version, in black plastic. Its one of like 260 or 290 or something. I would have liked to had the Champion version as well.

109$ is a steal if you plan to sit on it for a few years. Next time out it could be a 200-300$ disc, wait a few years probably 500$. The low numbers are the biggest kicker, along with the documentation. Ice discs do real well.

Chase20460

Postby SoCal19 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:06 pm

Chase I wanted to know if you had any KC Teebirds up for sale or on auction on ebay.
SoCal19

Postby RonRazz » Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:44 pm

So I was reading on the PDGA boards that Dave says they are running out of the pro plastic used in drivers and have not yet from a replacement. Has this ever happened before? Do we all need to stock up on our pro wraiths?
RonRazz

Postby Peil » Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:32 pm

Ronrazz wrote:Do we all need to stock up on our pro wraiths?

Nope, just buy Star ones. That's what they want anyway.
Peil

Postby Chase20460 » Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:35 am

Ronrazz wrote:So I was reading on the PDGA boards that Dave says they are running out of the pro plastic used in drivers and have not yet from a replacement. Has this ever happened before? Do we all need to stock up on our pro wraiths?

I dont think it will be immediate. I got the impression it was going to be down the road, and that they would make another batch of the Pro Wraiths. Ill be ordering some next week, probably custom stamps.

Chase20460

Postby 3x state champ runner up » Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:08 pm

it's CE plastic all over again! they should make discs out of old tires, that way they never run out of material, son of a bitch!
Adding up scores after league... Greco-"Kerri, you shot 11 up" Kerri- "oh a 65 isn't bad" Greco-"that was the back nine"
3x state champ runner up

Postby Chase20460 » Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:55 pm

greco19536 wrote:it's CE plastic all over again! they should make discs out of old tires, that way they never run out of material, son of a bitch!

I dont think they are running out of anything. I just think its time to phase out the Pro line. It shouldnt affect Rocs, Whippets, and Aviars ( except Pro plastic crummy Avairs ) and there isnt much else that sells in that line. I sell alot of Pro Wraiths, but sell the same amount of Star, at a higher price.

Chase20460

Postby Abe Froman » Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:07 am

fuk the pro line. for me they dont hold their hyzer. over time they just get flippy, so whats the point. just buy star. and they will never be as valuable as ce plastic. or ce rocs.
Abe Froman

Postby SoCal19 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:12 pm

projectpuffindiscman wrote:fuk the pro line. for me they dont hold their hyzer. over time they just get flippy, so whats the point. just buy star. and they will never be as valuable as ce plastic. or ce rocs.

Stiers, do you feel strongly about this?
SoCal19

Postby Bradbalk » Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:27 pm

The problem with the pro line is that it has sort of and identity crisis. Some runs are stable, some are super flippys, some have been very durable, others have barely lasted one throw(remember the first run pro orcs). They should kill it off, DX, Champion, and Star give you plenty of choices.
Is this the line for the beer, or the line for the coupons for the beer?
Bradbalk
Site Admin

Postby Abe Froman » Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:38 pm

LOL he said DX. :oops: :oops:
dx are worthless in my mind. what's the point in falling in love with a disc just to have it fly like a petrified tird once you hit your first tree with it.
Abe Froman

Postby MDR_3000 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:30 am

don't hit trees.
If she can't swim....she's bound to drizzown.
MDR_3000

Postby 3x state champ runner up » Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:31 am

witness!
Adding up scores after league... Greco-"Kerri, you shot 11 up" Kerri- "oh a 65 isn't bad" Greco-"that was the back nine"
3x state champ runner up

Postby SoCal19 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:34 am

projectpuffindiscman wrote:LOL he said DX. :oops: :oops:
dx are worthless in my mind. what's the point in falling in love with a disc just to have it fly like a petrified tird once you hit your first tree with it.

Probably the best disc of all time flies at it's best after it has hit some trees. Nothing better than a well seasoned Roc.
SoCal19

PreviousNext

Return to Iron Lion Disc Golf Supply