existance of the blueberry ce firebird?

Chase and the Iron Lion have your disc golf needs covered.

Moderator: Chase20460

existance of the blueberry ce firebird?

Postby Abe Froman » Sat Dec 02, 2006 2:11 am

well frog started the whole myth of the blueberry ce firebird in a bogus post to razz me about a lost disc on the old site. claiming to have lost a bluebery ce firebird. in which chase claimed shenannigans that they dont exist. i have never seen one but this might prove frog right.... for once
http://cgi.ebay.com/Innova-CE-Firebird-FX-original-Golf-Disc-169-gram_W0QQitemZ230056719518QQihZ013QQcategoryZ79803QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Abe Froman

Postby flyinplastic23 » Sat Dec 02, 2006 1:02 pm

Hey Farva... wheres that place you like to eat?
A person with great dreams can accomplish great things- Bob Rotella

Pionta Guinness, le do thoil
flyinplastic23

Postby Sniper26 » Sat Dec 02, 2006 1:13 pm

"I swear to God, i'll pistol whip the next son of a bitch that says shenannigans!"
Sniper26

Postby Chase20460 » Sat Dec 02, 2006 1:56 pm

Its not a first run. My guess would be 3rd, maybe 4th. Im not sure, but think the FLs and FXs were like TLs and TBs. Every other run.

It depends on who you talk to. Ive had many people tell me that no FXs are 1st Runs, some insist that a small batch of Red and Green exist. I have a green. Its Lime. I also have Lime Eagles, Leopards and Teebird-Ls. I also have some Purple Leopards that are also a mix between Red and Blueberry.

Another factor would be the stamp. From what Ive been told that stamp color/ design only appeared on discs after the first run. ( By stamp, I mean the fractal pattern in the actual factory stamp ) That person also told me the only true 1st Run stamps are solid in color. No fractals, champaign bubbles, snowflakes, or other specialties besides solid and rainbow. ( Oil Slick and grafetti included in rainbow )

But... I have Blueberry Leopards with the same style stamp as that pale blue/ sky blue Firebird.

Anyone?
http://www.ironliondgs.com
"I dont come to bow, I come to blow"- Bob Marley

"Im in the Gooooooo!" - Francine Smith
Chase20460

Re: existance of the blueberry ce firebird?

Postby Daddy » Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:18 am

projectpuffindiscman wrote:well frog started the whole myth of the blueberry ce firebird in a bogus post to razz me about a lost disc on the old site. claiming to have lost a bluebery ce firebird. in which chase claimed shenannigans that they dont exist. i have never seen one but this might prove frog right.... for once
http://cgi.ebay.com/Innova-CE-Firebird-FX-original-Golf-Disc-169-gram_W0QQitemZ230056719518QQihZ013QQcategoryZ79803QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

These are not as uncommon as you think.....I have one that I had Des sign and graphitti up the back with some feel good words, unused and in a box....Iron Lion will own it some day, just like all the other old'school sh!t I use-ta throw.
Daddy

Postby SpikeHyzer » Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:09 pm

Go watch the Cool Shots dvd. A guy aces with a blueberry firechicken at the shelly sharpe memorial if memory serves me.
SpikeHyzer

Postby Chase20460 » Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:07 pm

There is a difference between blue, sky blue, and blueberry. Pat also has another disc thats a CE Valk, same color, with smidges of lime green running through the plastic. I was dead set that it was a first run, and am still pretty sure, but thats because its a Valk, and I know of other blueberry Valks....but it isnt a clear Blueberry Proto. Its probably just a very rare 1st run. Notice the difference, 1st Run and Proto.

Theres a huge difference in person though. Blueberry Valks are actually clear plastic, but were made before the opaque 1st Run plastic. They shift in color from a blueberry to a deep blue. There are also clear red/ pink CE Valks that Des and Jay brought wround that were actually unstamped protos. They were selling them for $25, and they were all in 160g and lower weights. ( Pats old lady Katie is the only person I know that has one, or has one Ive seen, and its inked up. ) Those are worth mad loot unused, as they are VERY rare. Des had them as proto testers shortly after she joined Team Innova.

Chase20460

Postby dx pete » Mon Jan 01, 2007 2:36 pm

Pat got some of those FBs pictured above about 3 years ago and sold me 2 baby blue/black stamp, 1 pink/black stamp. they were x-outs I believe because the blue FB flipped into the woods to the right on 12 at Eastern, never to be seen again-the others I traded.
opulence, I has it.
dx pete

blueberry

Postby ziggy » Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:58 pm

speaking of blueberry..

wondering are there more than one shade of blue?

how to tell the difference between the runs? 1st, 2nd, 3rd..

it just so happens i have a blue CE teebird

just wondering what it wud fetch on a fair market.

Am considering selling it at the MicroTel Prairieland Putting Put Down in Springfield, Illinois on February 3rd.

need some money to take my gal out for v-day.
ziggy

Postby flyinplastic23 » Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:18 pm

nice plug
A person with great dreams can accomplish great things- Bob Rotella

Pionta Guinness, le do thoil
flyinplastic23

Re: blueberry

Postby Chase20460 » Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:25 pm

ziggy wrote:speaking of blueberry..

wondering are there more than one shade of blue?

There are differences in the colors of the Valks and Leopards. Those are the only true Blueberry discs, or at least that I know of.

how to tell the difference between the runs? 1st, 2nd, 3rd..

There is only one run. 1st Run for Leopards, Proto Run for Valks.

it just so happens i have a blue CE teebird

Blue, unused CE Teebird ( T ) is worth between 40-60$. Maybe a little more.

Am considering selling it at the MicroTel Prairieland Putting Put Down in Springfield, Illinois on February 3rd.

need some money to take my gal out for v-day.

You would probably do better on Ebay.

Chase20460

Postby Chase20460 » Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:55 am

Here you go Frog. Notice it is non-opaque, like the Proto Blueberry Valks.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Prototype-Blueberry ... dZViewItem

I have never seen one before this. Nor had I seen the CE Teebird Mark is selling. To the best of my knowledge, he has worked at Innova since before CE plastic, so I would be confident what hes selling is the real deal, and is very rare. Its my guess he has them as they couldnt be sold due to the molding errors.

Chase20460

Postby AO » Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:44 am

Chase,
Last night we were at Doug Peyton's and he was showing all of his discs. I don't know if he realizes what he has. All kinds of CE FX Firebirds, Ontario Rocs, 1st run Cyclone (1996) or maybe it was a comet but can't remember, 1st Run LS, Aviars, 9 and 10 Time Rocs, every kind of Teebird, and more. Kind of like it was at the Lacey's but much older stuff which of course is because he has been around for ever---lol. I tried getting him to sell me some of his stuff and he just laughed at me.
AO

Postby Chase20460 » Sat Feb 17, 2007 1:43 pm

[quote="AO"]Chase,
Last night we were at Doug Peyton's and he was showing all of his discs. I don't know if he realizes what he has.

I tried getting him to sell me some of his stuff and he just laughed at me.[/quote]

Then he knows what they could be worth.
:D

The best thing he can do is sit on it, same goes for everyone else that has discs of value. As this sport continues to grow, people will continue to seek out collectables, and due to the limited numbers that were made, skys the limit on some cases.

A year ago, you couldnt give away an Ontario Roc .( Ontarios are well known as the WORST Rocs. ) Now, all Rocs of age are carrying premiums, especially with the re-release of the Ontario Roc mold for CFRs. Ontarios arent bad discs, but were flippy, and inconsistent and really had no secondary value. I bought a 6x KC Ontario awhile back and sold it for 20$. I think now it could go for as much as $50.

Chase20460

Return to Iron Lion Disc Golf Supply