Pricing and recommendation(s) for targets

Chase and the Iron Lion have your disc golf needs covered.

Moderator: Chase20460

Pricing and recommendation(s) for targets

Postby Haplo » Thu Sep 07, 2006 4:53 pm

I've been looking at Innova's "DISCatcher Sport" and the "SkillShot" portable targets with the possibly purchasing one - or two. :shock:

What are your current prices for these targets? Plus do you (or anyone else) have recommendations and experience with these or other target brands?

Thanks.
Haplo

Re: Pricing and recommendation(s) for targets

Postby Peil » Thu Sep 07, 2006 6:41 pm

I have experience with both the DISCatcher Sport and the SkillShot. I own a SkillShot and a buddy of mine owns a Sport. Which basket to purchase depends on what you plan to use it for. I purchased the SkillShot because of its portablity to take on camping trips and stuff like that. My buddy has his setup in his yard to practice on. Both baskets catch well; it just depends on your needs. I haven't priced either one of them recently. When I purchased my SkillShot, I did it through charisgames.com. It was one of the lowest prices and was free shipping at the time. It doesn't look like they have that good a deal on them right now. Might want to do some shopping around. Hope that helps a little.
Peil

Postby JR0D08 » Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:38 pm

I have both. I like the Sport better. The Disccatcher has a small target. The sport just has a deep basket but between the two i like the Sport, but it is not as portable as the catcher.
B&B Hardware
JR0D08

Postby flyinplastic23 » Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:52 pm

try ebay for things... i got a basket really cheap on there, but not the best brand.
A person with great dreams can accomplish great things- Bob Rotella

Pionta Guinness, le do thoil
flyinplastic23

Postby Abe Froman » Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:05 pm

i hav a DGA M14. which is the best of both worlds. its metal and has a big baket. plus its collapsable and fits in the trunk for camping\ tourney play. the skillshot has a smaller area to which your disc will go in, however it will just teach you to aim for the center of the chains. my M14 does have 1 flaw in the fact that it needs 1 more set of outer chains for my liking. but i would take it over a skillshot anyday for the 40$ extra bucks.
Abe Froman

Postby frogawitdafizzle » Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:28 pm

I have 2 skill shots I'll one ore both CHEAP, just dont us em
frogawitdafizzle

Thanks everybody...

Postby Haplo » Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:47 am

This gives me a good start in my search for a good target. :D

It's good to know that the skillshot has a slightly smaller target area as this "should" improve ones game. One thing I would like to know is - how much smaller is skillshot's target area? Is it smaller in width, height or both? These specifications are not listed on innovadiscs.com or other websites.

Thanks again :!:
Haplo

Postby Mount » Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:51 am

both
Mount

Postby jess20460 » Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:04 am

My experience with the skill shot has been that it seems to "catch" the discs better than any regular basket I've played on.. I don't have a whole lot of knowledgs about any other portable basket.

We sell our skillshots for $120 + tax at the shop.
jess20460

Return to Iron Lion Disc Golf Supply