Just had a moment of clarity

Learn to throw from local experts.

Postby irban » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:48 pm

SARG27044 wrote:Thats my problem. I use all arm and dont use enough of my weight and forward motion. Thats why I dont throw over 400. Ive tried to switch things up a bit, in the feild just meesing around, But I always seem to lose any accuracy I had. And I find it really difficult to play a tourny with a diff style ive been practicing. I feel like Ill just throw any chance I had of cashing out the window.

You get it done on grit and determination. You're like Seabiscuit, including the injuries they should have shot you for. :P
Last edited by irban on Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~~~- ¥
irban

Location: A State of Minds. (the idiot who thought this was clever is back, did you notice?)

Postby The Donator » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:49 pm

irban wrote:Batting is the closest analog to a backhand throw I've ever been able to think of. I often use batting as an example of throwing dynamics, stay centered, hips first, follow through, etc.

Batting = forehand, tennis backhand = backhand?
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
The Donator

Postby irban » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:56 pm

The Donator wrote:
irban wrote:Batting is the closest analog to a backhand throw I've ever been able to think of. I often use batting as an example of throwing dynamics, stay centered, hips first, follow through, etc.

Batting = forehand, tennis backhand = backhand?

I disagree. The leading arm is much more similar to a disc backhand than the trailing arm is to a disc forehand. It is backwards really, but the mechanics are similar to me. Tennis backhand is also similar I agree. Tennis forehand is very similar to a disc forehand to me though, right?

edit:
I guess when I think about it, batting works to illustrate the mechanics for both forehand and backhand really. Seems like baseball throwing is closer to a forehand though.
~~~- ¥
irban

Location: A State of Minds. (the idiot who thought this was clever is back, did you notice?)

Postby Abe Froman » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:25 pm

irban wrote:seems like baseball throwing is closer to a forehand though.

more like a thumber or tommy would be similar to a throw into the infield from centerfield. hence why my shoulder is torn to crap and i cant do those anymore too. im limited to backhand and need to live with that
Abe Froman

Postby MDR_3000 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:21 pm

anubis080 wrote:I believe my backhand form is very congruent with freburg's.

no it isn't.
If she can't swim....she's bound to drizzown.
MDR_3000

Postby anubis080 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:29 pm

MDR_3000 wrote:
anubis080 wrote:I believe my backhand form is very congruent with freburg's.

no it isn't.

Thanks, MDR lol. Freburg and I both don't take run ups and transfer weight well. Usually a slower approach. I just don't get that much wrist into my backhand and torque my body.
"he always flips his nuke ss's over forehand"-Rich
"those are regular z nukes, Rich..."-Andy
anubis080

Postby anubis080 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:51 am

This and looking at lot's of footage lately: releasing too early. My hit is too soon on the drives. Biggest goal this year is to correct my hit point.
"he always flips his nuke ss's over forehand"-Rich
"those are regular z nukes, Rich..."-Andy
anubis080

Previous

Return to Throwing Technique