Lance....see above ^ ^ ^ !!! That is how you make me look stupid! :lol:
K.C.

Postby GDL17921 » Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:47 pm

my guess on Chad's par is 85.
GDL17921

Postby Guest » Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:13 pm

ive got par at 83

Postby Steady 26542 » Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:31 pm

If you use par at 83 shots, according to the results at the RCR, that's right around a 1000 rated round. A 950 rated round out there would have par around 90. What kind of round rating should par be set at?
Team Iron Lion
Team MILLENNIUM
Team Gorilla Boy
"Frisbees are a hobby; disc golf is a sport."
Steady 26542

Postby Guest » Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:15 pm

I dont think that par should be set at a 1000 rated player, par should be by what a majority of players take on anygivin hole

Postby ghstinshll » Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:25 pm

Mr. Chad wrote:I dont think that par should be set at a 1000 rated player, par should be by what a majority of players take on anygivin hole

I think so as well...
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby MDR_3000 » Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:54 pm

Whiner wrote:If you use par at 83 shots, according to the results at the RCR, that's right around a 1000 rated round. A 950 rated round out there would have par around 90. What kind of round rating should par be set at?

Let me go backwards here...I don't think ratings and par can be used together since the ratings are dynamic and par is static.
If she can't swim....she's bound to drizzown.
MDR_3000

Postby MDR_3000 » Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:02 pm

K.C. wrote:
KePP wrote:Hole three = par 3 or 4
[i]Shouldn't a hole be deuce-able to be a par 3?

- Absolutely. Its not an EASY three, by any means, but its also not a 4. (yes, I've taken a 4 two out of three times I've played it, but thats cuz I suck)

no, you took a 4 because you are average. (average = par?)

K.C. wrote:Well, the way I look at it is this: I've SEEN Mike and Sprague three it with ONE putter a piece. Then, on Saturday, Eng...Mike...and myself ALL took 4's, and we were in NO WAY playing good golf. Its a 4.

No you didn't, you saw Sprague take a 5 and I took a 4. It's a 5.
You've played a lot of hole were you can birdie by not playing good golf.

K.C. wrote:Mike has 3'd it a few times, and I'm pretty sure a few others did during the Rumble. And, again...Mike, Eng, and I all 4'd it on Saturday. We're not super-studs, but we're not schmucks either (well, maybe we are, but oh well). If it is a legitimate par 5, then all three people on the card shouldn't be lowering their scores. ESPECIALLY not us three!

I 3'd it once. HUGE drive, HUGE roller upshot. So hole 1 at Camden shouldn't be a par 3 because everyone on a card can birdie it?
MDR_3000

Postby Guest » Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:03 pm

the best way would be to take the scores from this year and last years rumble to find the average on each hole

Postby Cydisc » Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:14 pm

MDR_3000 wrote:
Whiner wrote:If you use par at 83 shots, according to the results at the RCR, that's right around a 1000 rated round. A 950 rated round out there would have par around 90. What kind of round rating should par be set at?

Let me go backwards here...I don't think ratings and par can be used together since the ratings are dynamic and par is static.

"Par" is irrelevant in disc golf.
Cydisc

Postby MDR_3000 » Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:18 pm

par is irrelevant in golf in general.
MDR_3000

Postby K.C. » Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:44 pm

MDR_3000 wrote:no, you took a 4 because you are average. (average = par?)

I've been wrong about this argument all along, I was thinkin' we were talking about #1 this whole time. Hole #3 is a toughy, alot like #12. I can see that it is CONCEIVABLY deucable (although I probably never will), but it still doesn't "deserve" a par 4. I didn't believe #12 was all that deucable until I heard about Arrango and Tony.

MDR_3000 wrote:No you didn't, you saw Sprague take a 5 and I took a 4. It's a 5. You've played a lot of hole were you can birdie by not playing good golf.

My bad, I've seen you both have putts for 3's. I still stand by it, though. You should be rewarded with a birdie if you throw two good drives there. You shouldn't be rewarded, like I was, by throwing a bad first shot, and then having two more up-shots to resurrect your birdie opportunity.

MDR_3000 wrote:I 3'd it once. HUGE drive, HUGE roller upshot. So hole 1 at Camden shouldn't be a par 3 because everyone on a card can birdie it?

Again, oops...but I still think so. #1 at Camden, like most every other hole at Camden, is deucable...but you have to throw a good drive. Throw one good drive, have a chance at being rewarded with a birdie. (Thus, why I think #6 is a par 4 there, now.) BACK TO #15, #5, etc.: Good drive, good drive = birdie opportunity. Good drive, bad drive, good save = par save opportunity. Bad drive, bad drive, good drive, good drive...you should be able to save your bogey.

This is all my opinion, and like you said afterward...it really doesn't matter. But, thats how I look at it, and since we were talking about it...I added my input. Take it or leave it, or mock it...as the case may be. :lol:
K.C.

Postby KePP » Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:19 pm

So most disc golfers don't use par... I agree. But most disc golf courses aren't West Lake. The first course I played that had pro pars other than 3 was Vista del Camino in Scottsdale for the Memorial layout. I worked the tournament and it seemed like people liked the par 4's and the par 5 and would refer to them as such. It also helped you realize the type of distance this course had.

I REALLY like what Batman suggested about having AM PAR on the short tees (via PDGA standards) and PRO PAR on the long tees.

How should pro par be determined? Through a meeting of the minds: a discussion held by disc golfers. We already have two pages. It seems like we could find the few holes that are up in the air, people can provide their reasoning, and ultimately all decisions in the end are made by the COURSE DESIGNER (who happens to be very receptive to others opinions).

That's my 2cents.
KePP

Postby Cydisc » Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:50 pm

MDR_3000 wrote:par is irrelevant in golf in general.

Well, sort of.

"Par" does have *some* relevance in ball golf in that the traditional formula of length + 2 putts is a more reasonable measure of what constitutes a "good" or "scratch" score on a hole. The big difference is that putting is much harder in ball golf, where 2-putting on the green is favorable. In DG, 2-putting is a failure.

The equivalent "scratch" round in DG would have an average number of putts somewhere between 1 and 2 per hole. In order to rectify a course par <54 over the entirety of the 18 holes, you would have to accept the concept of a "par 2" hole, which is just plain silly.
Cydisc

Postby IHearChains » Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:18 pm

Lance, stop being a d-bag.

I've been called a "d-bag" before, but never "Lance". Name's Greg. KC I was just poking a little sarcasm, sorry if you took offense.
IHearChains

PreviousNext

Return to Davenport - West Lake