Video Walkthrough

Postby KePP » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:22 am

Alex, I really like the idea of having a picture of the teesign by the video.

Do these videos need to be narrated? I could see it adding a real headache to the record, capture, render, steady, render, encode process.

What about holes 2 and 19 that cross water? I'm thinking about doing a slow zoom across the water and then cut to the walking video.

What about the Am Tees? Should we wait to record West Lake until the concrete tees and signs are installed so you can see where those are on the video?

Lou Siffer wrote:I have a program that reduces the size of AVI files using MPG-1 compression. It really cuts 'em down, and actually makes them look sharper.

I've tried 100 different compression combinations, a few more couldn't hurt. Is it software that is available to everyone? Messing around with video compression too much longer may send me to an asylum. The whole process is such a time hog and computer hog. btw thanks for the props, Brad.
KePP

Postby Orange Guy » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:53 am

What if the tee sign was the first 2-3 seconds of the video?
Orange Guy

Postby ghstinshll » Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:08 am

Lou, how's that possible if MPG1 is uncompressed? (or at least i thought it was)

Anyway, leave the audio out of it, and use voice over narration if you do decide to narrate it...
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby Lou Siffer » Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:15 am

ghstinshll wrote:Lou, how's that possible if MPG1 is uncompressed? (or at least i thought it was)

Anyway, leave the audio out of it, and use voice over narration if you do decide to narrate it...

I'm not sure what you mean. Any MPG program, say MP3, for instance, is a compression algorithm.

Voice over is the only option since the footage is greatly sped up.
"Determine that the thing can and shall be done, and then we shall find the way."
-Abraham Lincoln
Lou Siffer

Postby KePP » Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:38 am

Orange Guy wrote:What if the tee sign was the first 2-3 seconds of the video?

That sounds like a good simple solution. It might have to be an embedded picture to make it readable. The video part of this project is so time consuming that simple solutions like that sound awesome.

Brad also had a great idea to include supplementary video with interviews of locals and maybe some course features, favorite holes, etc.
KePP

Postby batlord » Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:00 pm

KePP wrote:What about holes 2 and 19 that cross water? I'm thinking about doing a slow zoom across the water and then cut to the walking video.

What about the Am Tees? Should we wait to record West Lake until the concrete tees and signs are installed so you can see where those are on the video?

Good plan on #2 and #19. Maybe a paddle boat rental? ha ha.

I wouldn't concern yourself about the Am tees. The Am tees are designed for the rec players and are considerably shorter and designed to get players hooked (ie ace-runs a plenty). Some of them will be drastically different flight paths than the long tees. The course was designed around the long tees, so I wouldn't waste bandwith or memory on a flight of the short tees. Thatbeing said, it's a medium skill level course from the short tees. There's astill a ton of water and I DID put thought into the short placements. They're just nowhere near as extreme as the real tees. Everything's a pretty easy three (minus #18 and maybe #24)(thought even those are 3-able) if you play it right. (fatal last words.)

If people want to go out and take a look where the shorts are at, they're painted (though with the rain, they may be faded already). If you've got issues, let me know.
batlord

Postby Lou Siffer » Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:03 pm

I've got issues.
"Determine that the thing can and shall be done, and then we shall find the way."
-Abraham Lincoln
Lou Siffer

Postby KePP » Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:04 am

Hole 2's hyzer route over the water would be a killer follow-up to the beautiful introduction.

batlord wrote:paddle boat
KePP

Postby IowaCharlie » Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:06 am

I think that its a fabulous idea to make a walk through video for any course. If you need any help with anything I would be glad to do it. I will see if I can work anything out for a steadier cam shot so you do not have to pay for the software to steady it afterward.
IowaCharlie

Postby ghstinshll » Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:55 am

...or just"find" a copy of it somewhere... like from a Torrent?
##39027
ghstinshll

Previous

Return to Davenport - West Lake