Lost Discs

Postby Tynoob » Tue May 20, 2008 3:13 pm

I found out today that he is a probation officer.

Also i found a putter on hole one, no name or number. Give me a PM with weight/color etc and I'll be happy to return it. Found it up in the tree right next to the tee pad.
Tynoob

Postby swan » Tue May 20, 2008 3:19 pm

What's the guys name? I'll make the call to the Davenport PD. He lives by Eastern right? Exact address?
swan

Postby Orange Guy » Tue May 20, 2008 3:20 pm

Barb Ickes at the QC Times is going to look into this for us.

Here's her reply to me:

Sure, Brad. I'm wrapping up a series for Sunday, but will get on it tomorrow. One question: Why haven't some of the players/owners fished out their own discs? It's sort of a devil's advocate question: Do the disc owners expect this guy to perform this "service" for free?
Very interesting, indeed.

and then this:

Do you suppose he's somehow taking the owners' names off the discs before selling them? At what time has he been spotted?

I can answer most of that, but if anybody has a time, that would help.

Hope you all don't mind I got her involved.
Orange Guy

Postby GDL17921 » Tue May 20, 2008 3:20 pm

Tynoob wrote:I found out today that he is a probation officer.

All the more reason to pursue the legal issues associated with his actions. Seriously, you guys should blow the whistle on e-bay on this guy.
GDL17921

Postby swan » Tue May 20, 2008 3:21 pm

Doogie31517 wrote:So I went there the next day in the nick of time!! I borrowed some waiders and went in. then came along DOUG PAGE ( the guy thay drives the white van). he spotted my disc instantly from up by the basket. he asked my what color I was looking for and he was on it with his polorized glasses and hook. he told me that it that was not my disc that he was going to take it... it was my GREMLIN!! I asked him what he does with all those discs he finds. he said " I have a stash." then I said even the ones with names and#'s on them? oh I never find ones with names or numbers on them. YEA CHUCKING RIGHT!!! he had several in his pocket already. we need to do something about this!!!! :evil:

Nevermind. Calling...
swan

Postby swan » Tue May 20, 2008 3:31 pm

Left a VM for Officer Hank Jacobson. If anyone else wants to call him as well, dial 326-6129, select Crime Prevention (#2) and wait for his name.

My message basically said that I know of a person who is selling property that does not belong to him on e-bay. Also mentioned that others have also voiced complaints as well. Strength in numbers people. If you want justice, pile on.

I didn't leave Page's name in hopes that would get him to call me back.

Also, I found a Doug Page in the phone book. 2625 Farnum Street in Dav. Does this sound right? Phone number is 326-4295. I'm not calling until it's confirmed that this is the guy. Anyone?
swan

Postby Orange Guy » Tue May 20, 2008 3:34 pm

Barb Ickes wants to go out there Thursday morning and catch him in the act for a story in the QC Times. Bet she'll take a photographer, too.

I'd like to suggest that we let her have a crack at this first because it might help spread the word that returning found discs is the right thing to do. I know, I'm a dreamer.

So ... what time is he out there?
Orange Guy

Postby swan » Tue May 20, 2008 3:37 pm

[quote="Orange Guy"]Barb Ickes wants to go out there Thursday morning and catch him in the act for a story in the QC Times. Bet she'll take a photographer, too.[quote]

Sweet. Orange Guy makes things happen. I love a good uprising.

It sounds like he's out bright and early. Where that is on a clock, IDK.
swan

Postby swan » Tue May 20, 2008 3:38 pm

Lou Siffer wrote:You're probably too late. I'm sure the "Disc Troll" gets out there as soon as the sun is coming up to comb that area, as well as all his other favorites.
swan

Postby Orange Guy » Tue May 20, 2008 3:45 pm

swan wrote:Sweet. Orange Guy makes things happen. I love a good uprising.

You do too. The good thing is it will take the Davenport PD more than a couple days to react to this. Hopefully when Barb's story hits the paper, they'll remember your call (and others, call if you've lost something and see it on ebay) and do something.

This is fun.
Orange Guy

dave

Postby RedBird88 » Tue May 20, 2008 3:54 pm

I've seen him out at Middle Park as well, usually in the afternoon...

I've also heard that he's had to change his ebay ID a couple times bacause people send him these messages. Doesnt e-bay have certain rules about selling merch that doesnt belong to the seller? Dont really know, not an e-bay user.
Last edited by RedBird88 on Tue May 20, 2008 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RedBird88

Postby treeMD » Tue May 20, 2008 3:54 pm

his ebay discriptions say that some of the discs have minor ink on them, i would assume that would be peoples names and numbers. i sent him a message on ebay asking if he even tries to contact the people who own the discs. no response yet.
Q 32845
treeMD

Postby Tynoob » Tue May 20, 2008 3:56 pm

Nice work! lets hope something gets done! I think even if he just sells the discs back to us, calls the number and says 2 dollars you can have it if you want it, and if it's not worth two dollars to you, then he can have it
Tynoob

Postby swan » Tue May 20, 2008 4:01 pm

I suppose I'd give him a couple bucks for the trouble. Then I'd give him an eye rake for being an a-hole and not calling the number on the disc. Why does he think people write in on there for Cripe's sake? :roll:
swan

Postby Lou Siffer » Tue May 20, 2008 4:24 pm

swan wrote:2625 Farnum Street in Dav. Does this sound right? Phone number is 326-4295.

Yep. That'd be it.
"Determine that the thing can and shall be done, and then we shall find the way."
-Abraham Lincoln
Lou Siffer

PreviousNext

Return to Davenport - Eastern Avenue