ProFlight moving on

General topics - anything goes within reason, keep it civil.

ProFlight moving on

Postby AO » Tue May 21, 2013 7:50 am

Shane could not log on to IowaDG and asked that I copy/paste this from Proflights Facebook page.

Im sure some of you have heard the rumors and some of you may even be in the know, I have sold ProFlight to Grant Weaver. I want to wish him all the luck in the world and I hope that he can take it to the level that I could only dream about. I want to thank my wife Debra Stewart and family for all of their support over the last ten years making it possible for me to do what I needed to do. Thank you also to Eddie Mcculley as a partner that always had my back when needed, thank you to Dave and Amanda Beery for all of their ccontinued support. Also a huge shout out to Team ProFlight!! Thank you to all of the tds that i have worked with and thanks to all of the people that have helped me help you with the quality tourney that we've been able to produce year after year. Last but not least by any means thank you for your continued support as loyal customers. I started with a couple of tubs out of the back of a van and because of your support was able to grow into what ProFlight has become today 10 years later. The G and L Challenge will be my last tourney. I will still be around for Grant as he gets the hang of it though. And yes your funny money is still good. Grants a good guy and wouldn't do that. Everything is business as normal. See you on the course, Shane Stewart.
AO

Re: ProFlight moving on

Postby Potter » Tue May 21, 2013 8:48 am

I just heard this last night. Congrats to Grant Weaver, I know you'll do great things! Thanks Shane for all you've done, I think you picked a good guy to carry on the ProFlight name.
"I hyzerflip drones, biatch" ~Grimm
Potter

Postby ghstinshll » Tue May 21, 2013 8:57 am

I didn't know it was Grant, but am glad to hear it is someone equally committed to the community as Shane has been.
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby blkwizardsonny » Tue May 21, 2013 9:24 am

thx for everything shane
TEAM PROFLIGHT SONNY
blkwizardsonny

Postby Like_Water » Tue May 21, 2013 5:21 pm

Thanks for the years of support Shane.
If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
Like_Water

Postby 3x state champ runner up » Tue May 21, 2013 6:11 pm

thanks for always hookin a brother up shane, that tub of ce and i go way back. good luck with your future endevours and we'll definately see ya around.

will grant still give me that 10% discount?
Adding up scores after league... Greco-"Kerri, you shot 11 up" Kerri- "oh a 65 isn't bad" Greco-"that was the back nine"
3x state champ runner up

Postby Buzzz Killington » Wed May 22, 2013 10:58 am

Thanks Shane. Will remember ProFlight forevs...
Remember when you were selling CE plastic for funny money? Those were the days!
Firebirds forever!
Buzzz Killington

Postby DLCdisc » Wed May 22, 2013 9:27 pm

Congrats Grant and Shane. One of you is gonna get some rest and enjoy disc golf a little more and the other has taken on a whole new challenge. You decide which one is which. I am very happy to see that ProFlight is continuing on with someone that will continue to impact the area in positive ways. Shane's impact was well beyond just growing his business and making disc golf more available to all of us. He has been an active board member with the club surviving more than one generation of leadership and politics within the group and through it all has remained one of the driving forces keeping the club going. More times than not when a request for assistance with a disc golf related event comes to the club, Shane is the first to volunteer and often a his own expense. ProFlight and Shane have supported all of my ventures ranging from a 10 person field for charity to a ten degree inaugural Holiday Showdown and on to a 90+ player Holiday Showdown. Its been awesome Shane and Grant I am looking forward to working with you. See you out there!
DLCdisc

Return to Stuff