Prodigy

General topics - anything goes within reason, keep it civil.

Postby Like_Water » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:51 pm

Discgo wrote:
Like_Water wrote:The real question is, how much of a diffence does the stiffness really make? Does the current standard prevent more ear decapitation than a stiff disc? I doubt anyone who voted has any real data.

Homburg is good buds with Kuzi btw.
I would say the difference ranges from two strokes to being DQ'd

Doubt it. No one s saying shit cuz it really doesn't matter. The market decides value and this rule has very little. I'd rather see a foot fault called.
If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
Like_Water

Postby Discgo » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:58 pm

I would too, but what happens when it does get called on you? With the current rules your disc would be deemed illegal until cleared by the TD who doesn't have the equipment to clear the disc.
Discgo

Postby Like_Water » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:09 pm

Discgo wrote:I would too, but what happens when it does get called on you? With the current rules your disc would be deemed illegal until cleared by the TD who doesn't have the equipment to clear the disc.

I think you answered the question. You'll have a td who has other stuff to deal with, one agro dick, and one dude, who like the TD, just wants to go home and chill. Nothing will happen.
Like_Water

Postby Grimm » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:12 pm

Like_Water wrote:
Discgo wrote:I would too, but what happens when it does get called on you? With the current rules your disc would be deemed illegal until cleared by the TD who doesn't have the equipment to clear the disc.

I think you answered the question. You'll have a td who has other stuff to deal with, one agro dick, and one dude, who like the TD, just wants to go home and chill. Nothing will happen.

Yea, the TD will look at the disc and unless it's dramatically/obviously altered after the making (why would you?) then they will call it good.
50 lashes for drinking the groups whiskey isn't steep.
Grimm

Postby Grimm » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:17 pm

Of course on the other hand, I could see TD's now bringing scales to majors and check the prodigy discs...Especially from there players, but you could easily take the good ones and replace them going to the car. As far as I'm concerned the PDGA should be putting out the money and time to enforce it. It's their standards. Company's should try to comply to it but...it happens.
Grimm

Postby Discgo » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:20 pm

Grimm wrote:Of course on the other hand, I could see TD's now bringing scales to majors and check the prodigy discs...Especially from there players, but you could easily take the good ones and replace them going to the car. As far as I'm concerned the PDGA should be putting out the money and time to enforce it. It's their standards. Company's should try to comply to it but...it happens.

It's not just prodigy discs, any overweight disc is now the players responsibility to not throw in competition. This includes all 175g wizards too.
Discgo

Postby blkwizardsonny » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:24 pm

Discgo wrote:
Grimm wrote:Of course on the other hand, I could see TD's now bringing scales to majors and check the prodigy discs...Especially from there players, but you could easily take the good ones and replace them going to the car. As far as I'm concerned the PDGA should be putting out the money and time to enforce it. It's their standards. Company's should try to comply to it but...it happens.

It's not just prodigy discs, any overweight disc is now the players responsibility to not throw in competition. This includes all 175g wizards too.
all 175 wizards ? :shock: :evil:
TEAM PROFLIGHT SONNY
blkwizardsonny

Postby Grimm » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:31 pm

blkwizardsonny wrote:
Discgo wrote:

all 175 wizards ? :shock: :evil:

If someone breaks a scale out to weigh mine. If it happens I will be getting my money back. There is no reason anyone should have to check before buying. It may cost some money but rest assured you can get that back by filing a law suit against the company and they would end up paying all court fees too.

Bring on Judge Judy bitches!
Grimm

Postby Like_Water » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:36 pm

Discgo wrote:

It always has been. I'd bet there are thousands of overweight Innova discs. Most of my Discraft discs have been right on. This isn't anything new.
Like_Water

Postby Discgo » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:42 pm

Like_Water wrote:
Discgo wrote:

It always has been. I'd bet there are thousands of overweight Innova discs. Most of my Discraft discs have been right on. This isn't anything new.
Than what was the rookie mistake? Getting caught?

I just weighed all my gateway putters and out of 30 total 7 were over the legal weight limit.
Discgo

Postby Grimm » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:51 pm

Gateway has always been the closest out of any of the companies. They were just wizards but generally spot on. The rest were off a gram or two probably 50% of the time.
Grimm

Postby 10up » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:31 pm

Discgo wrote:
Like_Water wrote:
Discgo wrote:

I just weighed all my gateway putters and out of 30 total 7 were over the legal weight limit.

I'm gonna need to see the certification papers on that scale sir.
you're not the girl you think you are
10up

Postby Discgo » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:53 pm

10up wrote:
Discgo wrote:
Like_Water wrote:
Discgo wrote:

I'm gonna need to see the certification papers on that scale sir.

I tossed a nickel on it and it said 5
Discgo

Postby grodney » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:39 am

Has anybody make some joke about frisbee golfers and gram-accurate scales yet? Yes? Okay, good.
grodney

Postby Like_Water » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:00 am

Discgo wrote:
.[/quote]

Yep. You don't see Innova having this issue and they have plenty of discs out of spec. Discraft doesn't have this issue cuz they know how to run their machines.
Like_Water

PreviousNext

Return to Stuff