Weekend Dubs

General topics - anything goes within reason, keep it civil.

Postby crazykrug » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:08 am

I got a groove with Jimmy's name on it hehehe. I actually don't mind them myself. I will have to go through the pile to see what I got left over.
Member of 2010, 2012, 2013 Bushwhacker State Champions
crazykrug
 
Posts: 2007
Joined: Wed May 02, 2007 1:24 pm

Postby The Donator » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:13 am

Beerman wrote:
crazykrug wrote:I like pro plastic.


I have nothing against pro/dx plastic and actually prefer it in some molds. The problem is the perceived value of dx/pro plastic. Most of us have played long enough that we carry discs based on flight characteristics and not because of the materials in which it was made.

I brought a slightly beat 11x Roc because i thought it would be of good use to some of the players that play in this. My bad :oops:
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
User avatar
The Donator
 
Posts: 6304
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:07 pm
Location: West Des Moines, IA

Weekend Dubs

Postby Sidearm » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:13 pm

The Donator wrote:
Beerman wrote:
crazykrug wrote:I like pro plastic.


I have nothing against pro/dx plastic and actually prefer it in some molds. The problem is the perceived value of dx/pro plastic. Most of us have played long enough that we carry discs based on flight characteristics and not because of the materials in which it was made.

I brought a slightly beat 11x Roc because i thought it would be of good use to some of the players that play in this. My bad :oops:


I found something pretty good over my lunch hour, Lindsley. Do you want Gunnick to pick you up at 10:30 or 10:45?
Sidearm
 
Posts: 566
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:41 am

Postby Discgo » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:32 pm

The Donator wrote:
Beerman wrote:
crazykrug wrote:I like pro plastic.


I have nothing against pro/dx plastic and actually prefer it in some molds. The problem is the perceived value of dx/pro plastic. Most of us have played long enough that we carry discs based on flight characteristics and not because of the materials in which it was made.

I brought a slightly beat 11x Roc because i thought it would be of good use to some of the players that play in this. My bad :oops:
Jimmy aced with that disc on Wednesday night. I would have grabbed it if he hadn't. Point being, just don't bring crap.
Discgo
 
Posts: 1488
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:30 am
Location: behind the basket

Postby The Donator » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:37 pm

Good to hear, was hard to let go of it actually. A seasoned Roc like that is more valuable than 95% of whatever anyone could even bring, imo.
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
User avatar
The Donator
 
Posts: 6304
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:07 pm
Location: West Des Moines, IA

Postby Schirm » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:40 pm

The Donator wrote: A seasoned Roc like that is more valuable than 95% of whatever anyone could even bring, imo.


Agreed! And I throw buzzz's...ever heard of a good beat in buzzz? I stopped throwing rocs cuz i couldn't hold on to one long enough to season it.
Force, Wraith, Teebird, Pig, Buzzz, Cobra, Challenger...This week at least.
User avatar
Schirm
 
Posts: 217
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:18 am
Location: Tama-Toledo

Postby Schirm » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:48 pm

The Donator wrote: A seasoned Roc like that is more valuable than 95% of whatever anyone could even bring, imo.


Agreed! And I throw buzzz's...ever heard of a good beat in buzzz? I stopped throwing rocs cuz i couldn't hold on to one long enough to season it.
Force, Wraith, Teebird, Pig, Buzzz, Cobra, Challenger...This week at least.
User avatar
Schirm
 
Posts: 217
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:18 am
Location: Tama-Toledo

Postby PsPunch » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:01 am

Schirm wrote:
The Donator wrote: A seasoned Roc like that is more valuable than 95% of whatever anyone could even bring, imo.


Agreed! And I throw buzzz's...ever heard of a good beat in buzzz? I stopped throwing rocs cuz i couldn't hold on to one long enough to season it.


That's cause your home course is Pickard, the biggest disc eater of all time! ;)
Nate Mickelson

I don't care, let's go throw
User avatar
PsPunch
 
Posts: 124
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:31 pm
Location: Des Moines, IA

Postby Discgo » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:56 am

Schirm wrote:
The Donator wrote: A seasoned Roc like that is more valuable than 95% of whatever anyone could even bring, imo.


Agreed! And I throw buzzz's...ever heard of a good beat in buzzz? I stopped throwing rocs cuz i couldn't hold on to one long enough to season it.
You can say that twice!
Discgo
 
Posts: 1488
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:30 am
Location: behind the basket

Postby Discgo » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:44 pm

Someone (sidearm) threw a ce firebird in the pot to taunt us all. Lol the joke was on us.
Discgo
 
Posts: 1488
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:30 am
Location: behind the basket

Postby Beerman » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:14 pm

25 people showed up to play woodland today. Thanks to all of you that made the jourey.

Next week we will be playing on Sunday.
User avatar
Beerman
 
Posts: 1175
Joined: Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:12 am
Location: des moines

Postby Grimm » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:28 pm

Discgo wrote:Someone (sidearm) threw a ce firebird in the pot to taunt us all. Lol the joke was on us.


That's not new/barely used I bet? What kind of stuff is this Beery.
50 lashes for drinking the groups whiskey isn't steep.
Grimm
 
Posts: 1309
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:02 pm
Location: Cedar Rapids

Postby Beerman » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:48 pm

Grimm wrote:
Discgo wrote:Someone (sidearm) threw a ce firebird in the pot to taunt us all. Lol the joke was on us.


That's not new/barely used I bet? What kind of stuff is this Beery.


Your right, definately not up to standards, I should have swaped this out so no one complained.

Image
User avatar
Beerman
 
Posts: 1175
Joined: Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:12 am
Location: des moines

Postby Grimm » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:56 pm

Beerman wrote:
Grimm wrote:
Discgo wrote:Someone (sidearm) threw a ce firebird in the pot to taunt us all. Lol the joke was on us.


That's not new/barely used I bet? What kind of stuff is this Beery.


Your right, definately not up to standards, I should have swaped this out so no one complained.

Image


Yea, you should have taken it! Nice one Sidearm!
50 lashes for drinking the groups whiskey isn't steep.
Grimm
 
Posts: 1309
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:02 pm
Location: Cedar Rapids

Postby Sidearm » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:26 pm

Grimm wrote:
Beerman wrote:
Grimm wrote:
Discgo wrote:Someone (sidearm) threw a ce firebird in the pot to taunt us all. Lol the joke was on us.


That's not new/barely used I bet? What kind of stuff is this Beery.


Your right, definately not up to standards, I should have swaped this out so no one complained.

Image


Yea, you should have taken it! Nice one Sidearm!


I think it cost $14 when I bought it or won it ten years ago. It's still a 7/10, but it hasn't been in my bag for six or eight years. It will show up at Weekend Dubs on the next 50 degree day. :)
Sidearm
 
Posts: 566
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:41 am

PreviousNext

Return to Stuff

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron