Ratings and DNF's

General topics - anything goes within reason, keep it civil.

Postby GDL17921 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:23 pm

diskey river wrote:
Detra319 wrote:
dev7557 wrote:i think it is a good deal for the most part i have seen people quit because they were playing like shit . and those people need to be penalized

Second that. If you're gonna quit, at least have the decency to tell the TD. Now if you don't, you get punished. Good way to change the culture

If you quit mid round because your playing like shit you should be penalized. If you don't come back second round because you played like shit first round you shouldn't be penalized if you inform TD, imo.

What about the classic hungover/over sleeping 2nd day of a weekend tourney. You didn't have the TD's #, its pointless to drive there way late after tee-off to inform TD, should they be penalized? Probably not, but if the TD feels slighted, then you will recieve a 5 point deduction, unless it allows you to sandbag, then maybe no deduction at all?

First situation, you wouldn't be penalized. Second one, might be an exception to the rule, but if you're spending money to play in a 2 day event, and you drink yourself to where you can't make your tee time Sunday morning, you have more to worry about than what your player rating is.

When somebody DNF's the TD puts 999 in for the score on the TD report. This option is still available - and would be used in the first described scenario. For somebody that quits mid-round, players on the card say he left because he was playing poorly, the TD would also enter 999 for the incomplete round and subsequent rounds not played. Now, the TD can differentiate the two scenarios by entering 888....So there will be 2 different ways to show in the TD report players that DNF. Some will be penalized via ratings deduction, some will not. I imagine TD's will be pretty sure of the situation before they go filling in 888's.....j/s...There will be exceptions to the rule.
GDL17921

Postby Ferch » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:29 pm

GDL17921 wrote:
SARG27044 wrote:Ive been guilty of leaving between rounds and not saying anything to the TD...It can become a hassle when you have cards of 3 and someone doesnt show and they others have to find another card to play on after the round has started.

this rule encourages better sportsmanship - both on the course (quitting mid-round will cost you) and off the course - blowing off the TD that has taken his day to run an event for your enjoyment and you couldn't take 60 seconds to have a conversation with him/her to let them know - you deserve to be penalized.....IMO

Yep.
Living for flight. One day at a time.
Ferch

Postby Ferch » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:39 pm

I agree with the rule. Check my rating history. It reflects what happens to your rating if you don't quit, but it also shows you can rebound your rating if you play well. I didn't care about my rating. Some do, but it is YOUR rating, no one elses. Sort of like your reputation.
Living for flight. One day at a time.
Ferch

Postby irban » Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:45 pm

GDL17921 wrote:...drink yourself to where you can't make your tee time...

What about getting left at the titty bars and having to walk back to the host hotel along interstate 80? :D I recall hearing about a kid doing that during worlds, not sure if he made his tee time the next day. Wonder if it was due to bright lights, big city, or no pants, big titty.
~~~- ¥
irban

Location: A State of Minds. (the idiot who thought this was clever is back, did you notice?)

Postby GDL17921 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:49 pm

irban wrote:
GDL17921 wrote:...drink yourself to where you can't make your tee time...

What about getting left at the titty bars and having to walk back to the host hotel along interstate 80? :D I recall hearing about a kid doing that during worlds, not sure if he made his tee time the next day. Wonder if it was due to bright lights, big city, or no pants, big titty.

like I said, you put yourself in that situation, your player rating probably isn't as high of a priority as you'll act like it is when you find out you got docked.
GDL17921

Postby Nohr » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:52 pm

it said you will not be docked if it would cause you to drop a division.
Nohr

Postby The Donator » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:58 am

Screw all this, we need to 888 the groups that cause the 3 hour lunch breaks :twisted:
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
The Donator

Postby SARG27044 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:06 am

GDL17921 wrote:
SARG27044 wrote:Ive been guilty of leaving between rounds and not saying anything to the TD...It can become a hassle when you have cards of 3 and someone doesnt show and they others have to find another card to play on after the round has started.

this rule encourages better sportsmanship - both on the course (quitting mid-round will cost you) and off the course - blowing off the TD that has taken his day to run an event for your enjoyment and you couldn't take 60 seconds to have a conversation with him/her to let them know - you deserve to be penalized.....IMO
You deserve to be banned if you ever wear those fuggin short shorts again
SARG27044

Previous

Return to Stuff