St Louis

General topics - anything goes within reason, keep it civil.

St Louis

Postby frogawitdafizzle » Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:51 pm

Planning a disc golf trip from Dec 28th to Jan 1st. Dont know alot about the area if any you guys your opinions on what to play and where to stay tp maximize time for playing would be awesome.
frogawitdafizzle

Postby Furniss » Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:03 am

crystal city underground is fun..glow disc in a cave

sioux passage is a great course
Furniss

Postby Detra319 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:40 am

Sioux passage is eh. I dunno what all the rave is about. Just saying, played it 3 times and its like jones with some OB? Dunno, anyways, I think AO says the exact opposite.

Jefferson barracks was a blast but its in the hood. Dunno, otherwise read DG course review. You are going to be down there on a Friday night that glow sand cave golf that furniss is talking about is worth the trip for sure.
The finial... Even with no clouds!
Detra319

Postby JBOCK » Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:33 pm

Detra319 wrote:Sioux passage is eh. I dunno what all the rave is about. Just saying, played it 3 times and its like jones with some OB? Dunno, anyways, I think AO says the exact opposite.

Jefferson barracks was a blast but its in the hood. Dunno, otherwise read DG course review. You are going to be down there on a Friday night that glow sand cave golf that furniss is talking about is worth the trip for sure.

I agree on both courses. If you take 61 down Hannible has a Jones like 18 right off the hwy, then youll go through Wentzville (northwest suburb of STL) and I think its called Quail Ridge was a fun course I thought. Endicott was cool too. Barracks is a must, not too hood but wouldnt get a hotel right there either. Heard lots of good things on the cave and that there is supposed to be an additional 18 coming soon.
Safe travels
A bad day at disc golf is still better than a good day at anything else.... Unless its also disc golf
JBOCK

Postby treeMD » Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:07 pm

Detra319 wrote:Sioux passage is eh. I dunno what all the rave is about. Just saying, played it 3 times and its like jones with some OB? Dunno, anyways, I think AO says the exact opposite.

Has the layout at jones changed? I don't remember there being too many long challenging holes there. Sioux passage, especially if its in the longs, is full of tough par 4s and challenging 3s.

I agree that barracks is a fun course, but it is kinda out there on its own, not to many other courses real close. Id recommend sioux passage, endicott, and rock springs park in alton IL. All three are on the north end of town, pretty close to eachother
Q 32845
treeMD

Postby Like_Water » Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:17 pm

Furniss wrote:crystal city underground is fun..glow disc in a cave

sioux passage is a great course

http://www.crystalcityunderground.com/Disc_Golf.html

Interested in this.
If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
Like_Water

Postby Detra319 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:12 pm

treeMD wrote:

Has the layout at jones changed? I don't remember there being too many long challenging holes there. Sioux passage, especially if its in the longs, is full of tough par 4s and challenging 3s.

I agree that barracks is a fun course, but it is kinda out there on its own, not to many other courses real close. Id recommend sioux passage, endicott, and rock springs park in alton IL. All three are on the north end of town, pretty close to eachother

How many long holes there are actually challenging? Its similar to jones in that it has most of the shots wide open, there is considerable elevation, and you can deuce alot of the course.

Just because its 450 ft doesn't make it hard, or challenging. It just means its unbirdiable except on a great day. You are not required to have great upshots here, there are not very many shots where the first shot needs to be accurate to have a shot at the second.

The long downhill hole to the corner is by far the coolest hole on this course, but its still deucable. 18 is also cool, don't get me wrong.
The finial... Even with no clouds!
Detra319

Return to Stuff