What Now?

General topics - anything goes within reason, keep it civil.

What Now?

Postby Chase20460 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:50 am

http://www.mediacomtoday.com/news/read. ... %3E&ps=931

This sucks for Me. Twinkie the Kid is my cousin and now hes outta work.
http://www.ironliondgs.com
"I dont come to bow, I come to blow"- Bob Marley

"Im in the Gooooooo!" - Francine Smith
Chase20460

Postby Abe Froman » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:52 pm

another example of union greed and entitlement.
Abe Froman

Postby Chase20460 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:08 pm

...that we all suffer for. Thanks! Went to the Hostess Outlet this morning and all the other fat people beat me there...FML.

Chase20460

Postby Like_Water » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:20 pm

Abe Froman wrote:another example of union greed and entitlement.

yep.

And spite from Hostess for not getting their man in office. A week ago they were just shutting down 3 plants with labor disputes. Now they are shutting down. Sometimes it's what it takes to break a union.
If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
Like_Water

Postby Chase20460 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:24 pm

IDK about spite it would have been thier second time filling for bankruptcy in 10 years. They settled with the largest Union, its the others that cost everyone THIER Chucking JOBS.

I guess Im not in thier boat so I dont see the icebergs, but, wouldnt it be better to have a job to go to than it would be to find another worse paying job the year after your unemployment runs out? Common sense, I guess.

Chase20460

Postby tufluk » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:47 pm

2 words: Little Debbie
tufluk

Postby 10up » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:36 pm

you're not the girl you think you are
10up

Postby Abe Froman » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:53 pm

if somebody making twinkies gets a pension i think i would deserve one working for a renewable energy corporation. but reality check is that pensions are antiquated unless you work union or state\federal jobs. get a 401k like the rest of us and pray its there when you're 55. the old fatass white dude union bosses are so wrapped up in themselves and their lifestyle they couldnt come to terms with settling for less pay for "their employees" which line their fatcat pockets every month. it all smells of greed and asshattery. way to put 18,000 people out of work and shut down an entire bakery brand name that has been around for 60+ yrs, time to invest in little debbie
Abe Froman

Postby Like_Water » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:27 pm

Unions grind this country to a halt.

I can see the need in the NFL and the like, but for a low wage service jobs that anyone can do, I don't.
If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
Like_Water

Postby Bugslayer » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:48 pm

There was a severe need for unions in the early 1900s. terrible working conditions,crap wages and no benefits whatever. Many of the things unions did early on are now done by the government insuring safe working conditions and setting a minimum wage. They grew to big for thier own good.
They have driven many a business down the tubes, driving owners to shut the door. But the minute they are gone totally Big business will push back as hard as it can. Thier must be some balance between the worker and the ownership. Just look to the working conditions in China to see a unionless country at work.
Too many businesses are owned by giant global corporations. The stockholders are foriegn nationals who hold stock in the businesses, they could give a crap about the american worker or conditions. Thier sole concern is the bottom line and thier cut of it. There must be a middle man to represent the workers... either the unions or the government....damn bitter choice.
A mind is like a parachute.....it doesn't work if it isn't open!

Frank Zappa
Bugslayer

Postby Abe Froman » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:17 pm

when the line moves from fair working conditions to literally forcing a company out of business over their underserved pensions it's simply greed as stake. pensions are a pipe dream for most people but is it worth closing the doors?.... no

unions say they work for their employees and members but really its now just another endless piggy bank for union bosses. unfortunately my lefty dem brothern supports their actions and i am not a fan of this. a few times the unions tried to come into my work and pimp the workers into joining the clan. just to have another daddy telling me what to do, and for what less pay, more expensive insurance, "dues" and another big brother watching my every move. it wouldve halted my progression as i was younger than most and union dictates a military style progression so i would've been screwed out of well deserved promotions in favor or lazy old fucks that felt entitled to certain jobs due to their age. sorry you're 52 and still make 15$ an hr, there's a reason for that and its not favoritism. its anti idiocracy

unions are good for trades and federal jobs(yes pro sports too, even though bud selig would disagree), keeps craftsmanship and training at the best and allows fair wages for people that were once very taken advantage of and worked to injury or death just to receive nothing.
Abe Froman

Postby tufluk » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:28 am

Unions are corporations.
tufluk

Postby frogawitdafizzle » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:28 am

Abe Froman wrote:when the line moves from fair working conditions to literally forcing a company out of business over their underserved pensions it's simply greed as stake. pensions are a pipe dream for most people but is it worth closing the doors?.... no

unions say they work for their employees and members but really its now just another endless piggy bank for union bosses. unfortunately my lefty dem brothern supports their actions and i am not a fan of this. a few times the unions tried to come into my work and pimp the workers into joining the clan. just to have another daddy telling me what to do, and for what less pay, more expensive insurance, "dues" and another big brother watching my every move. it wouldve halted my progression as i was younger than most and union dictates a military style progression so i would've been screwed out of well deserved promotions in favor or lazy old fucks that felt entitled to certain jobs due to their age. sorry you're 52 and still make 15$ an hr, there's a reason for that and its not favoritism. its anti idiocracy

unions are good for trades and federal jobs(yes pro sports too, even though bud selig would disagree), keeps craftsmanship and training at the best and allows fair wages for people that were once very taken advantage of and worked to injury or death just to receive nothing.
Unions ARE the only reason you get a fair wage today.
frogawitdafizzle

Postby ghstinshll » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:52 pm

unions both have their place, and can cripple industry as well. My dad's a millwright in the South, and for 20 years since he moved "back home" to Wilmington, NC he's had work for a 3 mos to 2 years, then would be laid off. Their industrial jobs simply hire & lay off on a constant basis. Build a school, layoff. Replace pipes at a Corning fiber plant, layoff. Now that he has a union job with a paper mill that's union he should hopefully be able to build up some consistency before retirement.

I read on the Wall Street Journal that the execs at Hostess were taking either big raises or bonuses last year. The Union strike was the final hammer blow of the last nail in the coffin, but the company's history was the reason for the end...

Now I know why Hostess desserts were so damned expensive. No "Wonder" I had to go to their thrift store years ago to be able to afford their crap. LOL
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby medicinal funk » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:00 am

however will i eat waxy, individually wrapped, mass-produced garbage now?

thank god there is lots of other unhealthy shit to shovel into my gullet readily available in our gluttonous country
Titan Disc Golf

-

don't feed the frucks
medicinal funk

Next

Return to Stuff