good courses around savanna, illinois

General topics - anything goes within reason, keep it civil.

good courses around savanna, illinois

Postby ajordanpippenfan » Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:42 am

i will be camping this weekend. does anyone know where i could play disc golf near savanna? i see that there is a course in mount carroll. is this a good course and is it relatively close?

any help would be appreciated.
One of the greatest discoveries a man makes, one of his great surprises, is to find he can do what he was afraid he couldn't do.
Author: Henry Ford
ajordanpippenfan

Postby ajordanpippenfan » Fri Sep 01, 2006 1:49 pm

nada. ok, you guys all have a great weekend!
One of the greatest discoveries a man makes, one of his great surprises, is to find he can do what he was afraid he couldn't do.
ajordanpippenfan

Postby K.C. » Fri Sep 01, 2006 1:53 pm

Actually, a course was JUST built in Savanna. I know its on the Eastern edge of town somewhere, but don't know the park's name.

....it said something about this in the old forum, Mike, could you find that for him

Otherwise...Dubuque (40 minutes from Savanna). Fulton (20 minutes from Savanna). Morrison (30 minutes from Savanna).

Wish they'd put on in the Palisades Park, though!
K.C.

Postby Chase20460 » Fri Sep 01, 2006 1:58 pm

Have fun either way! Dont forget, Sinnissippi and Nimbs isnt much farther than Morrison.
http://www.ironliondgs.com
"I dont come to bow, I come to blow"- Bob Marley

"Im in the Gooooooo!" - Francine Smith
Chase20460

Postby ajordanpippenfan » Sun Sep 03, 2006 10:55 pm

i found a course 10 miles east of savanna. mount carroll is the city, it was 9 holes and some of you guys would probably shoot 8 under, maybe 9 under. i was 2 under the 1st time and 3 under the second time. it was nice, just shorter than what i am used to seeing.
ajordanpippenfan

there are 2 courses

Postby Gorilla Arms » Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:54 pm

hey there,

We have 2 courses up here. The first one is in Mt. Carroll and it's avearge, good distance, lots of water to play with your head, but if you are experienced, it shouldn't be a problem. The new course in Savanna is a lot harder and the advance guys last week only managed 2 under over 18 holes. you'll have fun at that one. the savanna course is on the east end of town at Old mill park, and the mt. Carroll course is at the ball diamonds on the west end of town (turn left at the phillips 66).

dave
Gorilla Arms

Postby karma27895 » Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:59 pm

i suggest you play both of them i just play his tourny(gorrilaarms)and it was pretty cool
www.ironliondgs.com
burns lawncare and snow removal
mcmanus pub n grub
karma27895

Return to Stuff