Trophies for Pro divisions

General topics - anything goes within reason, keep it civil.

would pro's prefer to not get trophy instead keeping that money in the purse

trophy
14
61%
no trophy
5
22%
don't care
4
17%
 
Total votes : 23

Trophies for Pro divisions

Postby claring » Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:45 pm

I want to know what peoples thought are on trophies for pro divisions
claring
 
Posts: 1435
Joined: Sun Aug 20, 2006 7:05 am

Postby GDL17921 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:36 am

1st place only - I hate 2nd and 3rd place trophies.
User avatar
GDL17921
 
Posts: 8553
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:57 am
Location: on a rock

Postby SARG27044 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:18 am

GDL17921 wrote:1st place only - I hate 2nd and 3rd place trophies.
Yep.....No players packs either....
SARG27044
 
Posts: 6724
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:28 pm
Location: D.M.

Postby Like_Water » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:59 am

No trophy is fine. No awards ceremony is fine too.
If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
User avatar
Like_Water
 
Posts: 5850
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:16 am
Location: Milky Way

Postby GDL17921 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:28 am

there's a lot of evidence that people like recognition - sometimes even more than money :shock:
User avatar
GDL17921
 
Posts: 8553
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:57 am
Location: on a rock

Postby Like_Water » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:31 am

GDL17921 wrote:there's a lot of evidence that people like recognition - sometimes even more than money :shock:


Source! :D
If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
User avatar
Like_Water
 
Posts: 5850
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:16 am
Location: Milky Way

Postby SARG27044 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:37 am

That sounds made up...Only people who'd prefer recognition over cash are those that would go down on themselves, if they could :lol:
SARG27044
 
Posts: 6724
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:28 pm
Location: D.M.

Trophy

Postby DLCdisc » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:15 am

Of course there is the Holiday Disc Golf Showdown where you get a players pack, trophy, and more without touching the payout :D :D :D .

I like plaques / trophies. I think finding a way to make the awards unique without damaging the payout is the way to keep everyone happy. Easier said than done .... I know.

Did I mention the Holiday Disc Golf Showdown?? :lol:
DLCdisc
 
Posts: 711
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:33 pm

Postby SARG27044 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:23 am

I agree with you Damon. I just dont like paying retail for a disc or whatever that I will never use. Unique/badass trophies are nice. (See GBO)
SARG27044
 
Posts: 6724
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:28 pm
Location: D.M.

Postby shane » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:40 am

Like_Water wrote:No trophy is fine. No awards ceremony is fine too.


I believe they call that a casual round.
Are you ready for the Challenge?
shane
 
Posts: 1595
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:05 am
Location: Des Moines

Postby GDL17921 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:41 am

Like_Water wrote:
GDL17921 wrote:there's a lot of evidence that people like recognition - sometimes even more than money :shock:


Source! :D


read any book on leadership.

A quick google search yielded this if you don't believe me.

The concept probably makes more sense in the workplace, some would rather have their boss regularly tell them they are doing a great job as opposed to getting a raise. But I think it carries over to disc golf recognition as well. Not a single person I know that doesn't appreciate somebody saying "hey you did a great job" or "nice win" - which in effect is what a trophy does when presented in the correct manner. We're talking about the most basic of human needs here, you know. The deep down shit. :lol:
User avatar
GDL17921
 
Posts: 8553
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:57 am
Location: on a rock

Postby SARG27044 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:04 am

I gotta disagree there... Actions speak louder than words. Hey you're doing a great job becomes meaningless after time, when they don't show you how much you're appreciated. When I was the course director, I never wanted thanx....Didnt do it for recognition, if you wanna show thanx, come on out and help next time.
SARG27044
 
Posts: 6724
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:28 pm
Location: D.M.

Postby Like_Water » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:06 am

GDL17921 wrote:
Like_Water wrote:
GDL17921 wrote:there's a lot of evidence that people like recognition - sometimes even more than money :shock:


Source! :D


read any book on leadership.

A quick google search yielded this if you don't believe me.

The concept probably makes more sense in the workplace, some would rather have their boss regularly tell them they are doing a great job as opposed to getting a raise. But I think it carries over to disc golf recognition as well. Not a single person I know that doesn't appreciate somebody saying "hey you did a great job" or "nice win" - which in effect is what a trophy does when presented in the correct manner. We're talking about the most basic of human needs here, you know. The deep down shit. :lol:


That's Chucking hilarious! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
User avatar
Like_Water
 
Posts: 5850
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:16 am
Location: Milky Way

Postby GDL17921 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:13 am

you can disagree all you want, I'm just showing that I didn't "make it up". There are some pretty successful people out there that got there somehow - and they didn't do it by concerning themselves with their own personal needs all the time. People like that lead pretty lonely lives, and I've found myself on that path more than once.

Leaders do things that make people want to "come help next time"....

You don't have to take it from me, like I said - read ANY book on leadership. I have, and have been working on improving relationships all over the place, and I'm not ashamed to say it. Some people have a natural knack for it, others have to work at it.
User avatar
GDL17921
 
Posts: 8553
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:57 am
Location: on a rock

Postby grodney » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:24 am

GDL17921 wrote: read ANY book on leadership. I have, and have been working on improving relationships all over the place


Your avatar flips me off every time I look at it.
User avatar
grodney
 
Posts: 2298
Joined: Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:08 am

Next

Return to Stuff

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest