Tournament lunch breaks

General topics - anything goes within reason, keep it civil.

How long should tournament lunch breaks be?

15 minutes after last card
5%
30 minutes after last card
25%
45 minutes after last card
39%
60 minutes is perfect, that's why the PDGA picked it
30%
I have all the time in the world!
2%

Total votes : 57

Postby Nohr » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:54 am

IHearChains wrote:But also the people who do a 28 second pre-shot routine even when they are putting from 6ft. A 3some of people like that can drag on several cards.

As for the 5somes, there can always be a division that has exactly 5 players.

Routines make routine putts routine.
Nohr

Postby 10up » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:56 am

quiet greenleaf
you're not the girl you think you are
10up

Postby Like_Water » Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:38 pm

Nohr wrote:
IHearChains wrote:But also the people who do a 28 second pre-shot routine even when they are putting from 6ft. A 3some of people like that can drag on several cards.

As for the 5somes, there can always be a division that has exactly 5 players.

Routines make routine putts routine.

And thinking you can't miss this easy putt will have you missing easy putts.
If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
Like_Water

Postby lennythrowsdiscraft » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:12 pm

I always take my time playing......im pretty much the slowest out there.
lennythrowsdiscraft

Postby Carter45145 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:24 pm

lennythrowsdiscraft wrote:I always take my time playing......im pretty much the slowest out there.
:roll: :roll: Yeah, you play like Lon!
Can't criticize our smile...
Carter45145

Postby Grimm » Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:34 pm

lennythrowsdiscraft wrote:I always take my time playing......im pretty much the slowest out there.

No lunch for you. :lol:
50 lashes for drinking the groups whiskey isn't steep.
Grimm

Postby Like_Water » Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:36 pm

Carter45145 wrote:
:roll: :roll: Yeah, you play like Lon!

But Lon wins.....
If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
Like_Water

Postby JBOCK » Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:15 pm

45 min is good. As been only in intermediate player , less skill equals more shots more shot equals more time. Also being intermediate we are started the furthest away from tournament central and have the longest walk back which also takes more time . But as the saying goes get better and move up. I have been on 1 of those cards that was last to come in in only had 20 minutes for lunch and played very well the 2nd rd. Too long of a lunch is too tiring. maybe give the Ams a half an hour earlier start time ...
A bad day at disc golf is still better than a good day at anything else.... Unless its also disc golf
JBOCK

Postby Dale Jordal » Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:59 pm

JBOCK wrote:45 min is good. As been only in intermediate player , less skill equals more shots more shot equals more time. Also being intermediate we are started the furthest away from tournament central and have the longest walk back which also takes more time . But as the saying goes get better and move up. I have been on 1 of those cards that was last to come in in only had 20 minutes for lunch and played very well the 2nd rd. Too long of a lunch is too tiring. maybe give the Ams a half an hour earlier start time ...

I agree less skill equals more shots and starting and ending further away from Tounament Central, both are true.

However I never seen that equal or mean more time.... What I see are the INT and REC players take much less time between shots even though they have more strokes I think the REC & INT players "in general" play much faster. Not to pick on the women but the REC and INT women must socialize more as those groups do seem to play the slowest in my observations, Then I think the order is: any womens DIV then the Pro followed by the ADV and INT and REC even though they have most strokes I think they play the fastest. Anyway that is my observation so I would put 5 rec players in a group if possiable and mayber 3 women in a group if possiable and 4 in the rest of the division if possiable to even out the playing time and keep everyone moving around the course at a more even pace.
FCDGC Home of the:
IA/MN Border Bash - (Iowa Tour Event)
Battle at the Bridge - (North Iowa Tour Event)
Forest City, Iowa
Dale Jordal

Postby tufluk » Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:11 pm

I voted 45, but will go with flow. I've spotted a few tourneys, and have seen a vast difference in the speed of various groups. Some groups play with absoutely NO sense of urgency. They seem to have no idea that groups are backing up behind them. Many finish late through no fault of their own. A lot of this is beyond the TD's control.
tufluk

Postby JBOCK » Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:59 am

45 min is good. As been only in intermediate player , less skill equals more shots more shot equals more time. Also being intermediate we are started the furthest away from tournament central and have the longest walk back which also takes more time . But as the saying goes get better and move up. I have been on 1 of those cards that was last to come in in only had 20 minutes for lunch and played very well the 2nd rd. Too long of a lunch is too tiring. maybe give the Ams a half an hour earlier start time ...
A bad day at disc golf is still better than a good day at anything else.... Unless its also disc golf
JBOCK

Previous

Return to Stuff