Kansas City Courses

General topics - anything goes within reason, keep it civil.

Postby GDL17921 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:54 am

discgolfduval wrote:
IHearChains wrote:I thought WyCo was a bit monotonous, mostly flat with a lot of wide open boring holes. :?


This.


It's not bad when they mix up the pins. When they stretch it out, I agree. The layout they used for '09 Worlds kinda made me really like the course though.
User avatar
GDL17921
 
Posts: 8547
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:57 am
Location: on a rock

Postby Single L » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:08 am

GDL17921 wrote:
discgolfduval wrote:
IHearChains wrote:I thought WyCo was a bit monotonous, mostly flat with a lot of wide open boring holes. :?


This.


It's not bad when they mix up the pins. When they stretch it out, I agree. The layout they used for '09 Worlds kinda made me really like the course though.

The "roped" layout is a lot of fun and challenging.
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
User avatar
Single L
 
Posts: 5981
Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:02 pm
Location: Bushwhacking in DSM

Postby SpikeHyzer » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:10 am

Single L wrote:
GDL17921 wrote:
discgolfduval wrote:
IHearChains wrote:I thought WyCo was a bit monotonous, mostly flat with a lot of wide open boring holes. :?


This.


It's not bad when they mix up the pins. When they stretch it out, I agree. The layout they used for '09 Worlds kinda made me really like the course though.

The "roped" layout is a lot of fun and challenging.


^
That it is.
The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge, but imagination.
User avatar
SpikeHyzer
 
Posts: 2174
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:26 pm

Postby Like_Water » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:14 am

gretagun wrote:Which course is close to the Zoo and Starlight Amphitheater?


Phish Wednesday?
If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
User avatar
Like_Water
 
Posts: 5849
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:16 am
Location: Milky Way

Postby GDL17921 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:16 am

Like_Water wrote:
gretagun wrote:Which course is close to the Zoo and Starlight Amphitheater?


Phish Wednesday?


yes he did
User avatar
GDL17921
 
Posts: 8547
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:57 am
Location: on a rock

Postby Like_Water » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:29 am

GDL17921 wrote:
Like_Water wrote:
gretagun wrote:Which course is close to the Zoo and Starlight Amphitheater?


Phish Wednesday?


yes he did


Next week
If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
User avatar
Like_Water
 
Posts: 5849
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:16 am
Location: Milky Way

Postby Steady 26542 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:10 pm

I liked WW for the shear beauty of the course. It didn't really fit my game as I needed to be 25-50' longer in order to score. In my practice round at Worlds I thought I played ok and had 17 3's and a 4. Boring golf in my book. During worlds we played in a steady downpour and you could hardly walk the course. Rosedale fit my style much better. I did like Wyco even though I sucked that round. :lol:
Team Iron Lion
Team MILLENNIUM
Team Gorilla Boy
Image
"Frisbees are a hobby; disc golf is a sport."
User avatar
Steady 26542
 
Posts: 552
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:24 am
Location: Davenport, IA

Postby 10up » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:16 pm

they're finishing here again! Last year was sick all 3 nights. Friday they did all of the songs that begin with "S". Saw some greats, scent of a mule, slave to the traffic light, squirming coil, sample in a jar, stash, silent in the morning, encored with SABOTAGE.

Ya'll should come check it.
you're not the girl you think you are
User avatar
10up
 
Posts: 3051
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:55 am
Location: inside my pants

Postby GDL17921 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:55 pm

yeah you're right Tanner, I knew that. Should be an interesting venue for all that make it to Starlight, which seats about 7-8K I think, much smaller than a typical Phish crowd, no?
User avatar
GDL17921
 
Posts: 8547
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:57 am
Location: on a rock

Postby 10up » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:26 pm

thats f'n tiny
you're not the girl you think you are
User avatar
10up
 
Posts: 3051
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:55 am
Location: inside my pants

Postby GDL17921 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:41 pm

yeah man, more of an outdoor theater rather than a concert venue
User avatar
GDL17921
 
Posts: 8547
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:57 am
Location: on a rock

Postby 10up » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:51 pm

I used to love seeing shows at City Market down in KC. Never been to Starlight though.. 8k is small. Red Rocks holds about 10k in the venue and an additional 15k "around" the lots and they can't come close to fitting in there. They aren't allowed to play it. I would think Sandstone would be the better choice. Those tickets are gonna be f'n pricey.
you're not the girl you think you are
User avatar
10up
 
Posts: 3051
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:55 am
Location: inside my pants

Previous

Return to Stuff

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron