New Course in Newton is ready for play

General topics - anything goes within reason, keep it civil.

New Course in Newton is ready for play

Postby shak » Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:05 pm

It's at Woodland Park. All the baskets are in, signs are coming soon. Hole 1 starts on the southwest corner of the park near the Woodland Park sign on 1st Street. I entered all the info and pictures in at dgcoursereview.com today: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=5570&mode=ci
User avatar
shak
 
Posts: 110
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:57 am
Location: Newton

Postby Nohr » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:10 pm

is it wooded?
Nohr
 
Posts: 970
Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:12 pm
Location: Cedar Rapids

Postby Single L » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:02 pm

Nohr wrote:is it wooded?


Are you really that dense? How about we read his last sentence and click the link :idea:
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
User avatar
Single L
 
Posts: 5981
Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:02 pm
Location: Bushwhacking in DSM

Postby grodney » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:13 am

Cool. You might-should change the par on hole #9 to 4 or 5.
User avatar
grodney
 
Posts: 2298
Joined: Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:08 am

Postby shak » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:08 am

grodney wrote:Cool. You might-should change the par on hole #9 to 4 or 5.


I'm old school, I just made them all par 3s. That hole plays shorter than its distance too. I'm a noodle arm and I had an easy 4 on it the only time I've played it so far.
User avatar
shak
 
Posts: 110
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:57 am
Location: Newton

Postby Nohr » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:19 am

Single L wrote:
Nohr wrote:is it wooded?


Are you really that dense? How about we read his last sentence and click the link :idea:


Des Moines does everything better than everyone else. Even complains better....
Nohr
 
Posts: 970
Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:12 pm
Location: Cedar Rapids

Postby SARG27044 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:22 am

Nohr wrote:
Single L wrote:
Nohr wrote:is it wooded?


Are you really that dense? How about we read his last sentence and click the link :idea:


Des Moines does everything better than everyone else. Even complains better....
We make better brownies too :P




Nice stache
SARG27044
 
Posts: 6724
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:28 pm
Location: D.M.

Postby GDL17921 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:36 am

SARG27044 wrote:
Nohr wrote:
Single L wrote:
Nohr wrote:is it wooded?


Are you really that dense? How about we read his last sentence and click the link :idea:


Des Moines does everything better than everyone else. Even complains better....
We make better brownies too :P



sssssssssssssssssssssssssssss :lol:
User avatar
GDL17921
 
Posts: 8552
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:57 am
Location: on a rock

Postby blkwizardsonny » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:11 am

speak to those who complain not the whole city
TEAM PROFLIGHT SONNY
blkwizardsonny
 
Posts: 2784
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:12 pm
Location: GVCC

Postby Discgo » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:35 am

Nohr wrote:
Single L wrote:
Nohr wrote:is it wooded?


Are you really that dense? How about we read his last sentence and click the link :idea:


Des Moines does everything better than everyone else. Even complains better....
Didn't he migrate in from that part of the state?
Chain-outs since last ace - 1
Discgo
 
Posts: 1488
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:30 am
Location: behind the basket

Postby grodney » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:50 am

shak wrote:
grodney wrote:Cool. You might-should change the par on hole #9 to 4 or 5.


I'm old school, I just made them all par 3s. That hole plays shorter than its distance too. I'm a noodle arm and I had an easy 4 on it the only time I've played it so far.


Just looking at the distance and the photos, it looks like a bit of a tweener distance for a wide range of players, i.e. 4 might be a very common score. Better players (longer throwers) will get a 3 sometimes. Worse players will struggle to make 4.

Anyway, calling it a par 4 is probably more helpful; but if you want to keep rockin it old school, it's all good.
User avatar
grodney
 
Posts: 2298
Joined: Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:08 am

Postby Carter45145 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:52 pm

grodney wrote:Just looking at the distance and the photos, it looks like a bit of a tweener distance for a wide range of players, i.e. 4 might be a very common score. Better players (longer throwers) will get a 3 sometimes. Worse players will struggle to make 4.

Anyway, calling it a par 4 is probably more helpful; but if you want to keep rockin it old school, it's all good.
Par is irrelevant. Every hole could be a par two and it would make no difference in the total amount of strokes that it takes you to complete the hole!

This is one of the only things I hate about disc golf. And it is exactly why I don't like asking people how they shot at a tournament. Most people answer with "I was 2 under or 4 over" ect., instead of saying how many strokes it took them to complete the course. (Stepping off my soap box)
Last edited by Carter45145 on Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Can't criticize our smile...
Carter45145
 
Posts: 263
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:38 am
Location: Decatur,IL

Postby Grimm » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:54 pm

Carter45145 wrote:This is one of the only things I hate about disc golf. And it is exactly why I don't like asking people how they shot at a tournament. Most people answer with "I was 2 under or 4 over" ect., instead of saying how many strokes it took them to complete the course. (Stepping off my soap box)


I can't count that high so it's much easier to count by 1 or 2 or 5.
50 lashes for drinking the groups whiskey isn't steep.
Grimm
 
Posts: 1306
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:02 pm
Location: Cedar Rapids

Postby Grimm » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:21 pm

Carter45145 wrote:This is one of the only things I hate about disc golf. And it is exactly why I don't like asking people how they shot at a tournament. Most people answer with "I was 2 under or 4 over" ect., instead of saying how many strokes it took them to complete the course. (Stepping off my soap box)


I can't count that high so it's much easier to count by 1 or 2 or 5.
50 lashes for drinking the groups whiskey isn't steep.
Grimm
 
Posts: 1306
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:02 pm
Location: Cedar Rapids

Postby KePP » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:21 pm

Glad to hear there is a new course in Newton! Looks fun. Have always loved the Maytag course.
User avatar
KePP
 
Posts: 1846
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:22 am
Location: Beaverdale

Next

Return to Stuff

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest