Heading to Wisconsin

General topics - anything goes within reason, keep it civil.

Heading to Wisconsin

Postby Bugslayer » Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:19 pm

Looking for suggestions for courses to play. Going to the Kiss/Crue concert at Alpine, a saturday show. Going up thru rockford on 39, then up 43. Any awesome courses on they way?
A mind is like a parachute.....it doesn't work if it isn't open!

Frank Zappa
Bugslayer

Postby Bugslayer » Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:44 am

LOL...Really? 77 views and no suggestions? I was afraid of this. Have played one course in Wisconsin, and it was a nightmare. Maybe I am spoiled by the great courses here in the QC, but I've played quite a few courses in Colorado and a few in Nebraska and haven't been disappointed in any of them.
The Wisconsin course I am talking about is a crap-hole named Fiddlers Creek in Hayward Wisconsin. Simply the worst kept, worse laid out course I have ever seen. Insult to injury.....I had to PAY $5 for the "pleasure"! I am hoping this is NOT indicative of Wisonsin Disc golf, but by the amount of information I'm hearing (crickets chirping in the background) it must be.

Frank Zappa
Bugslayer

Postby strokersix » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:32 am

Try Anna Page in Rockford.
strokersix

Postby Single L » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:44 am

Bugslayer wrote:The Wisconsin course I am talking about is a crap-hole named Fiddlers Creek in Hayward Wisconsin. Simply the worst kept, worse laid out course I have ever seen. Insult to injury.....I had to PAY $5 for the "pleasure"! I am hoping this is NOT indicative of Wisonsin Disc golf, but by the amount of information I'm hearing (crickets chirping in the background) it must be.

I've played Fiddlers Creek as well when I was on a Family Vacation in 2004 at Lake Namekagon. Back then it wasn't terrible and was actually quite fun. Maybe over the years they've let it go to hell. That being said it's not a courese indicative of Wisconsin DG. Wisconsin has some great courses. All 3 in Madison are pretty solid; which happen to be the only other courses in the state I have played.

DG Course Review is a great resource. Here's a link to the Wisconsin courses listed by rating.
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby Bugslayer » Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:53 pm

Went to Fiddlers 2 years ago and it was pretty rough. Yeah Chase told me hit Rockford also. Looks like it will be Rockford for my break. Thanks for the input guys!

Frank Zappa
Bugslayer

Return to Stuff