b<eli>eve

General topics - anything goes within reason, keep it civil.

Postby brox » Thu May 03, 2012 4:51 am

alright, got some fliers up, thank you to everyone who is helping out.

i trying to think of prizes, so anyone with ideas please let me know, and ill get on it.
brox

Postby blkwizardsonny » Thu May 03, 2012 7:41 am

real easy idea is have people bring new plastic they have laying around and other items .
TEAM PROFLIGHT SONNY
blkwizardsonny

Fundraiser

Postby DLCdisc » Thu May 03, 2012 9:37 am

blkwizardsonny wrote:real easy idea is have people bring new plastic they have laying around and other items .

Thats a great idea. Maybe I should try that at my events. :lol: :lol: :lol:

That is a cute kid and I hope things are on the mend at this point. Sorry I can't make this event, but my thoughts and prayers are with ya man.
DLCdisc

Postby Detra319 » Fri May 04, 2012 11:20 am

things are going about as good as could be hoped for considering the situation. Eli has been diagnosed with pinialblastoma, a very rare and very malignant tumor that is located in his third ventricle of his brain where the spinal fluid drains from the brain back into the spinal cavity.

He has been given now 2 rounds of chemotherapy, with many more rounds to come. He is scheduled to have an mri late next week to evaluate how chemo is going and decide whether to do more chemo or surgery now and then more chemo. We also were told some slightly disheartening news, as it sounds like when he turns one (9/30/12) we will have to go to jacksonville Fl for 2 months, and then back to st judes for at least 4 more months after that. So the earliest I will get back "home" is early next year.

It sounds like several of my non-discing family members and friends are going to be showing up to support this, so it will be at least a slightly rowdy atmosphere. I know there is talk of food and drinks and all that good stuff as well. If you don't want to support me (i mean cmon, its AK, right?) then give a donation to St Judes Childrens Research hospital. This place is so far past amazing, with the best care in the entire world and no one pays for anything because of donations. Amazing.

Either way I thank everyone in advance from the bottom of our hearts. Ever since this started I can't remember the hardest day I have ever had to face, because that day is today. No one should have to go through this, ever. Ever.
The finial... Even with no clouds!
Detra319

Postby blkwizardsonny » Fri May 04, 2012 1:48 pm

stay strong brother
TEAM PROFLIGHT SONNY
blkwizardsonny

Postby brox » Sat May 05, 2012 12:38 am

your family is amazingly supportive, reading the Eli forms everyday is proof to that.

As for prizes, unless I can figure something else out, Ill probably do gift certificates, I was thinking a nice bottle of whiskey for the winner but that may not be as cool to some as others, whereas gift certificates (food/drink) is something everyone can enjoy.

Also I am personally going to try to match all donations coming from this fundraiser. So bring your friends and invite everyone. Disc golfers are a band of brothers, that need to stick together to bring all of the positive aspects of this wonderful game more visible to all. I know times are tough, although you can't beat discing for a good cause and you can always make more money...

I am hoping for good weather and great turnout. If you have any questions or thoughts, broxey@gmail.com
brox

Postby medicinal funk » Sat May 05, 2012 8:53 am

brox wrote:your family is amazingly supportive, reading the Eli forms everyday is proof to that.

As for prizes, unless I can figure something else out, Ill probably do gift certificates, I was thinking a nice bottle of whiskey for the winner but that may not be as cool to some as others, whereas gift certificates (food/drink) is something everyone can enjoy.

Also I am personally going to try to match all donations coming from this fundraiser. So bring your friends and invite everyone. Disc golfers are a band of brothers, that need to stick together to bring all of the positive aspects of this wonderful game more visible to all. I know times are tough, although you can't beat discing for a good cause and you can always make more money...

I am hoping for good weather and great turnout. If you have any questions or thoughts, broxey@gmail.com

i'm sure i can get titan to donate some prizes. if not, i can wrangle some, i bet...i can probably get at least a couple of gift certificates for paul reveres pizza maybe some for titan. some discs from titan too perhaps...ill get something figured out today.
Titan Disc Golf

-

don't feed the frucks
medicinal funk

Postby brox » Sun May 06, 2012 1:19 am

medicinal funk wrote:
i'm sure i can get titan to donate some prizes. if not, i can wrangle some, i bet...i can probably get at least a couple of gift certificates for paul reveres pizza maybe some for titan. some discs from titan too perhaps...ill get something figured out today.

that'd be sweet. otherwise the winner gets a half pack of pyramids, a pint of five oclock and a slightly used dx cheetah.
brox

Postby gpdigity » Mon May 07, 2012 11:54 pm

just a suggestion but i bet we could maybe get twice as much raise if we install a 5$ mulligan rule. its just for funand for a good cause so i bet people would throw down extra cash while swearing at the trees :)
gpdigity

Postby geoffreylaw » Tue May 08, 2012 9:06 am

gpdigity wrote:just a suggestion but i bet we could maybe get twice as much raise if we install a 5$ mulligan rule. its just for funand for a good cause so i bet people would throw down extra cash while swearing at the trees :)

It's Shaver, so I'm down with that. :)

"A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything."
~Friedrich Nietzsche
geoffreylaw

Postby Detra319 » Tue May 08, 2012 9:26 am

feel free to raid the discs in my shed for prizes, I'm not going to be needing them any time soon, and there are quite a few in there. Just talk to andy.
The finial... Even with no clouds!
Detra319

Postby brox » Wed May 09, 2012 12:48 am

Detra319 wrote:feel free to raid the discs in my shed for prizes, I'm not going to be needing them any time soon, and there are quite a few in there. Just talk to andy.

Thank you, sir.

*Also about the mulligan donation, sounds good to me. i am cool with majority takes it, ill be there sunday about 8am.
brox

Postby brox » Sun May 13, 2012 3:04 am

Well alrighty. I'll be at Shaver about 7am, need to get a round in before i'm thinking.

Looks like we have a bunch o' discs for prizes, thank you everyone for your help and support.

I will bring and have donuts and some sort of breakfast drink set-up for donations if anyone is interested.

Also there is talk of grilling afterwards for the same thing.

Should be a lot of fun, Ill post the results and such probably late night tuesday because I don't use the internet on my days off....
brox

Postby medicinal funk » Mon May 14, 2012 7:34 am

brox wrote:Should be a lot of fun

and that it was. thanks for the event. those donuts helped me stay on the fairway
Titan Disc Golf

-

don't feed the frucks
medicinal funk

Postby geoffreylaw » Mon May 14, 2012 9:16 am

Thanks for putting this together, Brox. It was good times.

"A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything."
~Friedrich Nietzsche
geoffreylaw

PreviousNext

Return to Stuff