b<eli>eve

General topics - anything goes within reason, keep it civil.

b<eli>eve

Postby brox » Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:16 am

A disc golfer we all know (detra319), is currently going through a bit of a hard time. His wonderful child was diagnosed with brain cancer, and they are currently in Tennessee at St. Judes fighting to get the little one cured.

I am trying to plan and set-up a fundraising tournament most likely in the cedar rapids area.

This likely isn't going to happen in the next couple weeks, but I will keep everyone updated, shooting for a mayish date.

Bracelets are also available for purchase, for anyone who would like.

Please try to spread the word, if you have any questions or would like to help (it would be appreciated).

I am open to any suggestions and forgive me I am not very qualified in writing this type of message.

brox
broxey@gmail.com
brox

Postby medicinal funk » Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:52 am

in
Titan Disc Golf

-

don't feed the frucks
medicinal funk

Postby Buzzz Killington » Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:57 pm

This isn't up to me, it's Titan's decision, but I wouldn't mind forfeiting the Sunday dubs ace fund. I know that MFer was here every week during the winter building that up. If he were still around he might of hit one by now anyways =) That's over $200, plus if we could get a lil tournie going, full field, $10 ea., that could be almost $1000. It'd probably only put a small knick in the total bill, but I couldn't think of a better cause.
Check out ice bowls from this year Brox. Vicious Circle raised $1000 this year for the Crisis Center, with $30 best shot doubles (2 extra temps), I'd love it more to do that for someone I actually know.
Buzzz Killington

Charity

Postby DLCdisc » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:56 am

Sounds great. If I can make it I will. Similar cause as the Disc for a Cure event I am running on April 29th in honor of a friend of mine that has been diagnosed with Huntingtons Disease. Seems like quite a bit of bad stuff happening to some good people.
DLCdisc

Postby Detra319 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:29 pm

Damn broximo... Dunno what to say to you besides you are a good guy.

This shit, and i do mean shit has been crazy hard. I cant explain how much i miss getting to throw with my boys dye and detert, or not martys hippy ass on sundays. Im moved 2 states away on one days notice and everything seems so crazy. Disc golfers are what help me get by, which is why i found a sunday league down here, because disc golfersnare inherently the same everywhere you go.

If you do go to this tournament, say a prayer for my baby Eli. But also say a prayer for you and yours, and give your loved ones an extra squeeze, because you never know when your life is going to get tossed around like a hurricane. Its never easy but its always worth it.
The finial... Even with no clouds!
Detra319

Postby brox » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:53 am

@Adam, no problem man, Im sure you'd do the same for my kids. There's nothing more painful or difficult then a sick child. Feeling helpless is the worst feeling imaginable.

It sucks my primary golfing buddy isn't going to be around this year, however you are where you need to be to get the little one better.

ps:
go cubs...
brox

Postby blkwizardsonny » Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:31 am

good looking out for each other i hope the lil one pulls through strong as ever and is future pdga champ stay strong man
TEAM PROFLIGHT SONNY
blkwizardsonny

Postby geoffreylaw » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:19 am

IN.

Brox, I'll help out with what ever is needed for this. Just let me know!

"A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything."
~Friedrich Nietzsche
geoffreylaw

Postby brox » Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:46 am

Alright, trying to make this enjoyable and suitable for the most amount of people.

That brings a couple questions.

1. Thinking about 5/11,5/12 or 5/13? (or different date)
2. Day or night?
3. Singles or dubs
4. and the all important course (id pick shaver but ill leave that up to you)

My reasoning is the more replies the more I can make this to everyones liking.

So....
brox

Postby medicinal funk » Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:08 am

i like the idea of doubles at shaver with a late morning (10ish) tee off
Titan Disc Golf

-

don't feed the frucks
medicinal funk

Postby brox » Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:29 am

medicinal funk wrote:i like the idea of doubles at shaver with a late morning (10ish) tee off

Sounds good to me.

So if no objections im thinking; sunday may 13th. 10ish tee time. doubles best shot.

Ill give this a couple days to simmer and check back, then ill post it in the tournaments section and create some fliers and shite...
brox

Postby blkwizardsonny » Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:39 am

i hope i can make this
TEAM PROFLIGHT SONNY
blkwizardsonny

Postby Chase20460 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:23 am

Iowa Tour Event @ Devils Glen. Just saying.
http://www.ironliondgs.com
"I dont come to bow, I come to blow"- Bob Marley

"Im in the Gooooooo!" - Francine Smith
Chase20460

Postby brox » Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:26 am

Chase20460 wrote:Iowa Tour Event @ Devils Glen. Just saying.

Either Saturday 5/12 or Sunday 5/13 works for me. Ill leave it till next tueday night 4/17, then ill finalize everything.

I saw that tournie in dp but it's not going to be easy to find a day may that isn't filled with something else. Just hoping for a big turnout as it's for a good cause..
brox

Postby brox » Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:01 am

I had some questions regarding donations and such. This is what I have so far. There is talks of paypal, etc being set-up. Ill keep this updated.

If you wish to help Eli and his family, donations to assist Baby Eli can be sent to the following:

Eli Karstens Fund
c/o Rachelle Karstens Johnson, Attorney
PO Box 321
Montezuma, IA 50171-0321
brox

Next

Return to Stuff