Happy Endings TV Show

General topics - anything goes within reason, keep it civil.

Happy Endings TV Show

Postby Skell » Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:42 am

Did anyone see this episode last night? What did you think?

WOW! I think that show was terrible, not just because of how they portrayed disc golf! First they called it Frolf (not the end of the world), showed someone throwing a lid and smashing a chick in the forehead (I did laugh at that), and then said it was not a sport. Hopefully the PDGA didn't send out a huge press release to potential corporate sponsors! :doh: Not sure why they contacted the PDGA for that!
Skell

Re: Happy Endings TV Show

Postby IHearChains » Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:08 am

I didn't see it but that sounds awful. Some people say any publicity is good publicity...I am not so sure. Maybe there should be a special "Failiverse" thread on here, just for the PDGA.
IHearChains

Postby LOOTOWNDISKR » Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:58 am

Absolute fail, that show was fit for little teenage girls at best the chicks were not even that hot. and frolf? thanks now go frolf yourself stupid tv producers!! will never watch that shit again, usually dont go with sitcoms reinforced my reasons not to.
LOOTOWNDISKR

Postby Peil » Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:16 am

PDGA sends show a bunch of stuff for the show to make fun of us and call us "not a sport." Sounds about right.
Peil

Postby Like_Water » Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:38 am

Peil wrote:PDGA sends show a bunch of stuff for the show to make fun of us and call us "not a sport." Sounds about right.

oh and don't forget the front page of pdga.com saying sitcom will "feature" disc golf. lmao
If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
Like_Water

Re: Happy Endings TV Show

Postby Single L » Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:42 am

Skell wrote:Did anyone see this episode last night? What did you think?

WOW! I think that show was terrible, not just because of how they portrayed disc golf! First they called it Frolf (not the end of the world), showed someone throwing a lid and smashing a chick in the forehead (I did laugh at that), and then said it was not a sport. Hopefully the PDGA didn't send out a huge press release to potential corporate sponsors! :doh: Not sure why they contacted the PDGA for that!

Nice copy Paste Skell :lol:
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby GDL17921 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:58 am

I thought the best part was when they made fun of Travis' rubber socks :lol:
GDL17921

Postby discgolfduval » Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:53 am

Nice 15 second bit on disc golf...that was horrendous and I too will never watch that show again....not that I even knew it existed till it was posted on here. Didnt they steal frolf from Seinfeld anyways :roll:
discgolfduval

Postby The Donator » Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:58 am

Is there a link
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
The Donator

Postby discgolfduval » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:28 am

Just go to ABC.com and find the show and they have whole episodes on there. It's about half way through. Dont blink or u'll miss it.
discgolfduval

Postby Cydisc » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:36 am

discgolfduval wrote: Dont blink or u'll miss it.

So, the good thing is nobody else likely saw it?
Cydisc

Postby Like_Water » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:05 pm

I caught some of the episode, thought it was fairly funny...opening scene was nuts.

I did notice they are offering the whole season on DVD already. I don't I've seen that before, the entire season available during the first episode? so many of these shows get canned before the season ends, I thought it was a decent move on their part.
Like_Water

Postby The Donator » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:09 pm

It was literally a 3 second clip, in fact ive already forgotten about it. Not a big deal. They made more of a jab at Vibram and those awful/hideous finger socks/shoes whatever they are, so for good reason
The Donator

Postby Like_Water » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:22 pm

The Donator wrote: They made more of a jab at Vibram and those awful/hideous finger socks/shoes whatever they are, so for good reason

you sound like the girl on the show. Haven't tried them, but people who have seem to like them.
Like_Water

Postby The Donator » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:25 pm

Like_Water wrote:
The Donator wrote: They made more of a jab at Vibram and those awful/hideous finger socks/shoes whatever they are, so for good reason

you sound like the girl on the show. Haven't tried them, but people who have seem to like them.

Good for them. Youll never see me wearing something like that
The Donator

Next

Return to Stuff