PDGA Survey

General topics - anything goes within reason, keep it civil.

PDGA Survey

Postby Like_Water » Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:32 pm

Did anyone else fill it out?

The thing that got me was their need to ask us what we think they need to focus on. Other than the idea they are asking the masses how they want to be led being ridiculous, I stated I think they need to focus on getting discs in more peoples hands. Grassroots, quit thinking you're going to be on ESPN, you're not, not in any real "sports news" sort of way.

I think being present on courses and working to get mom involved is the way to go. Finding ways to teach people how to actually throw the damn things instead of people trying to figure it out and then giving up when it becomes frustrating. Start a PDGA course certification so cities will build courses properly and also get your name on the course so rec players have a clue that there is an ORG out there. I played for 3 years before ever hearing about the PDGA.

It was cumbersome and frustrating and felt like they really are at a loss as to what they are doing.
If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
Like_Water

Postby tufluk » Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:28 pm

I started filling it out and said, "whoa." The PDGA doesn't need to know how much I make, and all of the other personal info. I deleted the message and survey. It felt like big brother trying to give me a colonoscopy. I can just see some guy at PDGA headquarters rubbing his hands together, waiting to sell that info to whichever marketing firm has its checkbook out. Just like the AARP does. And I'm paying them dues???Pissed me off.
Tanner is 110% right.

"Just because I'm paranoid, doesn't mean they're not after me" Anonymous
tufluk

Postby GDL17921 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:32 pm

I put some value in that they wanted my opinion and provided space for it, but as I recall, the spaces we were given to add remarks/comments was far too small in many cases. So being concise was maybe a little frustrating, I'll give you that.

I'd be interested to see the survey results. I hope that they provide them to those that took the time to fill it out.
GDL17921

Postby Like_Water » Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:58 pm

Yeah, I didn't give them my name and address...wanted to so they new my what my opinions are, but for some of Gene's reasons I didn't.
If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
Like_Water

Re: PDGA Survey

Postby Captain » Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:22 pm

Like_Water wrote:The thing that got me was their need to ask us what we think they need to focus on.

I think they are just getting a feeling from the people they represent. It's not their PDGA, it's our PDGA.
Captain

Postby Abe Froman » Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:06 pm

Captain wrote:It's not their PDGA, it's our PDGA.

Now that sounds made up...
Abe Froman

Postby Clue » Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:37 pm

GDL17921 wrote:I put some value in that they wanted my opinion and provided space for it, but as I recall, the spaces we were given to add remarks/comments was far too small in many cases. So being concise was maybe a little frustrating, I'll give you that.

I was frustrated that the remark sections weren't on the questions where I wanted to make a remark.
Clue

Postby Grimm » Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:56 pm

In every tournament comment section I basically wrote "look at LOD and do that".
50 lashes for drinking the groups whiskey isn't steep.
Grimm

Postby Detra319 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:41 pm

I say let them know more about their demographic in order to better serve them. You selfish bastards. Go argue about the moon landing some more, like it matters.
The finial... Even with no clouds!
Detra319

Postby Sidearm » Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:24 am

Like_Water wrote:Finding ways to teach people how to actually throw the damn things instead of people trying to figure it out and then giving up when it becomes frustrating.

I have often thought it would be nice to have a clinic, led by some of our top local players, before or after the Monday night throwdown or the Tuesday night league. Lots of beginning or inexperienced disc golfers play on Monday & Tuesday nights, and I think they would be very interested in learning about types of shots, grips, disc selection, etc. from Iowa's best disc golfers and/or disc golf instructors.
Sidearm

Postby Chase20460 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:57 am

Monkey Humping Football........Long story short.
http://www.ironliondgs.com
"I dont come to bow, I come to blow"- Bob Marley

"Im in the Gooooooo!" - Francine Smith
Chase20460

Return to Stuff